Floyd is a genius..

Sounds like Floyd is missing the spotlight, again. I was a really big fan of him when he was fighting but this thing he's doing where he starts squawking like a seagull anytime an active fighter gets something going on is getting tired. It was nice that his "announcement" about a second Pacquiao fight was completely overshadowed by Golovkin/Canelo 2.

Sounds like Floyd is missing the spotlight, again. I was a really big fan of him when he was fighting but this thing he's doing where he starts squawking like a seagull anytime an active fighter gets something going on is getting tired. It was nice that his "announcement" about a second Pacquiao fight was completely overshadowed by Golovkin/Canelo 2.
I agree mostly. I don't really have a problem with him being semi active and taking a few freak show fights here and there, lots of great fighters did that. But you're right about the timing.

He's been shitting on Canelo and Canelo's deal with DAZN too. The guy cannot give up the spotlight gracefully whatsoever.

You are cherry picking Floyds PPV's..... Floyds fight before Conor was 400K - and that is a GENEROUS 400K.
Khabib without Conor did 350k?
Conor is the UFC star with the PPV draw power. Not nate. Not Khabib.
I think everyone is going to remember how Floyd carried Conor for 10 rounds, and how much Conor looked out of place. Then they are going to see how much worse of a striker Khabib is than Conor (don't bother posting the gif - go listen to Bispings podcast) and no one will want to watch it.
Everyone will know it is a joke fight.
If he decided to fight canelo or GGG - THAT would sell millions. (Floyd, not khabib…)

people buy hoping Floyd is losing and the conor fight was the 50th fight.

Floyd sold the fight not conor.

Floyd fought canelo in 2012 when he was a young fighter who fought mostly cans.

not Floyd want nothing to do with canelo.

He's been shitting on Canelo and Canelo's deal with DAZN too. The guy cannot give up the spotlight gracefully whatsoever.

Yeah I saw that. That's not even in the interest of trying to build some future fight. He can do whatever he wants, far be it to me to tell someone how to run their business, but personally I hope people just overlook him until he actually has something substantial to say.

I like Khabib so I hope it happens. Just so he can get a big payday. He'll get embarrassed , but he'll get some good coin.

his insecurity is next level

Last I heard Floyd's fighters were largely unhappy with how he's been managing their careers.

I guess he has to fight himself to keep the brand going. lol

Khabib v Floyd is clearly a mismatch. Anything can happen, but the probability is stacked highly in one guy's favor. Most of us know who that guy is.

gty_518634672_80920454.jpg

Makes a killing in boxing and retires undefeated and then comes back in his 40s to fight UFC stars for 9 figure paydays.

Easy work and easy money and he can go this till hes 50.

Floyd is the combat sports GOAT.
giphy.webp

Who knew that being the goat was about making money?

No onr shpuld agree to it unless there is a fight in the Octagon aswell.

Would rather see Nate Diaz vs Floyd to witness Mayweathers offensive onslaught.

Didn't want to start a thread on this, but prayers out to Floyd Sr. who was taken from the gym in an ambulance today. It didnt seem to serious, likely he wasnt hydrated enough, but there were a couple other no so less thoughts spit out as well. he was conscious and alert when leaving. no matter what you think of floyd, if you spend any time around sr., you cant help but like him

Floyd is a genius fighter. However, he really is TBE when it comes to the marketing/financial side.

I personally do not care for boxer v mma, but if pay to watch, then Floyd will make a killing again.

Didn't want to start a thread on this, but prayers out to Floyd Sr. who was taken from the gym in an ambulance today. It didnt seem to serious, likely he wasnt hydrated enough, but there were a couple other no so less thoughts spit out as well. he was conscious and alert when leaving. no matter what you think of floyd, if you spend any time around sr., you cant help but like him
Sorry to hear. Never met the guy, but fingers crossed it's nothing serious. Wishing him a speedy recovery.

Sorry to hear. Never met the guy, but fingers crossed it's nothing serious. Wishing him a speedy recovery.
i spent a couple hours last night visiting with him and it appears everything is alright. he was in good spirits. should be released today so long as any of the few more tests they are running dont show anything serious. jeff mayweather, however now has a lifetime of bragging rights as his trip happened just after he was hitting pads with senior for fun. he is already bragging how he put his brother in the hospital

i spent a couple hours last night visiting with him and it appears everything is alright. he was in good spirits. should be released today so long as any of the few more tests they are running dont show anything serious. jeff mayweather, however now has a lifetime of bragging rights as his trip happened just after he was hitting pads with senior for fun. he is already bragging how he put his brother in the hospital
Let us know what happens

This. if Canelo were signed to ESPN I'd bet everything that Dan Rafael and even Arum would make measures and propaganda with headlines that ''Canelo Surpasses Floyd In Record Deal Earnings.''
When's Canelo's CD coming out?

Last edited:
Back