Floyd Mayweather does have a better chance against Conor than Conor in boxing

If Conor doesn't want to lose, all he has to do is take Floyd down from the clench, that Floyd so often relies on in boxing. It was called "holding" in their boxing match. But in the MMA fight, it will be called a takedown. Floyd has no chance of winning on the ground unless an injury occurs.

never forget

emfq0myyc76djnwzg.jpg

look at those pillow fist . maybe next time he can avoid those pillow fist if he stops posing like his toddler

photo20.jpg

I don't think Conor beats Mayweather in thousand boxing matches, not even once. Yet, I must say that, I personally don't think Mayweather carried Conor like he said he did or some of his fans did. He never cared about his fans in his illustrious career, but with everything to lose on the line suddenly?

If he did actually, I highly doubt he would've said he did. For reference, Floyd opened up at -2250 and Mcgregor at +950. In a potential MMA match, Conor is -900, and Mayweather at +550.

And no, I don't think Mayweather beats Conor in mma fights either. Yes, chances are great that he would get finished in the first round. Yes, he wouldn't probably look as good as Conor did in the boxing fight. However, with a proper training camp, and respect for the game of MMA, which I do believe he has in spite of what he has said in the past, and right amount of motivation, Mayweather has a lot better chance than Conor to beat him in MMA fight, especially with MMA gloves and his sense of timing, distance, and power.

Now don't get me wrong, I would still favour Rousey to beat Mayweather if they were to fight, because styles make fights, and outside the draw, we are to pick more likely winner over the other, and I'd imagine Rousey beats Mayweather more often than not. However, when it comes to who actually had a better chance at upset between Conor and Mayweather, it is astoundingly in favour of Mayweather in potential MMA fight.

Growing up, MMA really wasn't around to follow, but heard enough of boxing legends from my dad, and though never have been a serious boxing fan, always had a soft spot for the sports of boxing. The amount of disrespect that boxing gets on this forum or by certain members of MMA community like retards like Joe Rogan is quite classless and uncalled for.

Are we really going back to the rousey vs mayweather thing again.....wow...just wow....when will you white knights realize, no woman can beat a man in a fight...if that man has even a little fight training, he would mop the floor with the best female fighter on the planet...just given he's a man...After watching how easily Rousey got hit against holly and nunes, i can't believe some people still thing she could beat mayweather....Mayweather would hit her just one time...even with a stiff jab and knock her out...we are talking about a man hitting her...not powder puff punching holly holm, who couldn't break an egg.

Conor would beat him bad in a MMA fight. And i rooted for floyd against conor. Floyd actually didnt hit conor that easily until conor gassed when they boxed. In mma were conor can throw kicks i doubt floyd would even touch him. Conor would destroy his lead leg, probably hit him with multiple kicks to the body and then hit him up top with something as well.

He would mix it up and ref would probably have to stop it or he gets kod with a kick.Conor wouldnt even have to go to the ground.

I think Conor would stand with him and basically just box with some clench fighting and a few trips to make things more 'macho', which would greatly increase Floyd's chances.

Conor probably aint gonna take him down and submit him cuz it would make him look like he's afraid to trade with him. Or maybe he might demonstrate that he can, but release him instead.

That's not how the probability works. I doubt Conor ends it in 30 seconds with a footwork maywaether has. I would bet the house and my soul that it won't end that fast.

And what does that matter, Conor would lose after those four rounds. Mayweather still has a puncher's chance, as good as it gets.

What footwork? His footwork is not geared toward avoiding takedowns.

And no, Conor could run a marathon, and still have the gas left required to wrestle fuck Floyd.

I don't think Conor beats Mayweather in thousand boxing matches, not even once. Yet, I must say that, I personally don't think Mayweather carried Conor like he said he did or some of his fans did. He never cared about his fans in his illustrious career, but with everything to lose on the line suddenly?

If he did actually, I highly doubt he would've said he did. For reference, Floyd opened up at -2250 and Mcgregor at +950. In a potential MMA match, Conor is -900, and Mayweather at +550.

And no, I don't think Mayweather beats Conor in mma fights either. Yes, chances are great that he would get finished in the first round. Yes, he wouldn't probably look as good as Conor did in the boxing fight. However, with a proper training camp, and respect for the game of MMA, which I do believe he has in spite of what he has said in the past, and right amount of motivation, Mayweather has a lot better chance than Conor to beat him in MMA fight, especially with MMA gloves and his sense of timing, distance, and power.

Now don't get me wrong, I would still favour Rousey to beat Mayweather if they were to fight, because styles make fights, and outside the draw, we are to pick more likely winner over the other, and I'd imagine Rousey beats Mayweather more often than not. However, when it comes to who actually had a better chance at upset between Conor and Mayweather, it is astoundingly in favour of Mayweather in potential MMA fight.

Growing up, MMA really wasn't around to follow, but heard enough of boxing legends from my dad, and though never have been a serious boxing fan, always had a soft spot for the sports of boxing. The amount of disrespect that boxing gets on this forum or by certain members of MMA community like retards like Joe Rogan is quite classless and uncalled for.

You just seem extremely ambivalent.
Or you just wrote a lot of fillers to say that Floyd has a better chance in mma than Conor does in boxing. Brevity isn't a sin.

And your opinion is biased (you're not fond of Conor), empty (no real substantial evidence), hypocritical(Conor's MMA doesn't translate to boxing, but Floyd's boxing translates to MMA... because MMA apparently doesn't require timing, endurance, and agility of any sort), and delusional.

That's not how the probability works. I doubt Conor ends it in 30 seconds with a footwork maywaether has. I would bet the house and my soul that it won't end that fast.

And what does that matter, Conor would lose after those four rounds. Mayweather still has a puncher's chance, as good as it gets.
lol footwork. Floyd is not going to stay standing against Conor unless Conor wants him to. The only way for Floyd to avoid being taken down is to turn his back and run as fast as possible. If hes locked in a cage, that wont work...

The greatest boxing footwork the world has ever seen still does not help prevent a takedown.

Boxing Conor can win rounds
MMA Floyd wouldn't even survive half a round

Conor doesn't even need to take him down

gettyimages-839704030.jpg

^What happens next in a MMA fight^

Can you imagine

<36>

lol footwork. Floyd is not going to stay standing against Conor unless Conor wants him to. The only way for Floyd to avoid being taken down is to turn his back and run as fast as possible. If hes locked in a cage, that wont work...

The greatest boxing footwork the world has ever seen still does not help prevent a takedown.
Sure if you say so

You just seem extremely ambivalent.
Or you just wrote a lot of fillers to say that Floyd has a better chance in mma than Conor does in boxing. Brevity isn't a sin.

And your opinion is biased (you're not fond of Conor), empty (no real substantial evidence), hypocritical(Conor's MMA doesn't translate to boxing, but Floyd's boxing translates to MMA... because MMA apparently doesn't require timing, endurance, and agility of any sort), and delusional.

Before COnor won the lw belt, I thought Conor with the right match up could become three division champ and think Conor is probably the third goat.

I think you just have nothing better than to just using a few negative adjectives to attack a person other than what that person said. Sherdog 101

Before COnor won the lw belt, I thought Conor with the right match up could become three division champ and think Conor is probably the third goat.

I think you just have nothing better than to just using a few negative adjectives to attack a person other than what that person said. Sherdog 101

I replied in adherence to what you wrote.
Gave examples and explained myself.
You... More empty words. Don't be offended. Realize that your thought was shit and build on it next time you wanna post something.

Floyds chances are better than conors in boxing.
I hate both guys.
Floyd by sub/tko or conor by left.

Lets have them box with 4 oz MMA gloves. I think Mcgregor would have a legitimate chance of winning in that scenario. In MMA Mcgregor beats floyd 100% of the time. Even if Floyd catches him I doubt it would sleep Mcgregor, and it would just make him take it more seriously, and decide to take it to the ground (which he absolutely could do at will).

Of course he has a better chance of beating McGregor in MMA than McGregor has of beating him in boxing. It shouldn’t even need to be said. Every expert from any full contact martial art is going to have a better chance of beating a top MMA fighter in the cage than the MMA fighter would of beating them in their own discipline.

What chance do you give Conor of beating an ADCC black belt in a submission grappling comp?

What chance do you give him of beating an Olympic calibre wrestler on the mat?

What chance do you give him of beating a lumping champ under full Thai rules?

Boxing isn’t some sort of exception to the rule here. In fact it probably has a deeper talent pool than any of the sports mentioned.

To clarify though, when I say he has a better chance, he’s also likely to get wrecked much quicker, owning to the more open ruleset of MMA.

worked out well for James Toney
:rolleyes:

Worked out well for Tim Sylvia.

The reality is it’s much more common for a high level fighter from a single discipline to have success in MMA than the other way around, for obvious reasons.

I imagine Mayweather would be the hardest puncher p4p in MMA if he were to compete in it. With his distance, timing and power..
Except Floyd Mayweather isnt a hard puncher. At all.

In the 14 fights leading up to MacGregor he had a whopping 3 KOs.

Except Floyd Mayweather isnt a hard puncher. At all.

In the 14 fights leading up to MacGregor he had a whopping 3 KOs.

Mayweather before, say, the Gatti fight, would have devastating power in mma, especially in combination. He had very good power, exceptional speed and some of the greatest defensive reflexes in the history in boxing, up there with Willie Pep and Nico Loche.

Mayweather also knows how to properly, fully leverage his weight into his punches, something mma fighters cannot do most of the time, albeit from mechanical necessity with strikes and takedowns, or lack of skill and time throwing proper punches.

Back