Floyd mayweather hitting the heavybag and talking

I'm pretty sure he always talks to himself at least in his head while he's training, comes from being brought up that way with someone (his dad) always talking over his shoulder when in the gym since he was little. He probably even does it during fights, helps keep the mind clear and reinforce what needs to be done. It's a kind of trance for him to enter into and it helps. Might not work for everyone, though

Last edited:
I dont know why but always a pleasure to watch Floyd

Love that feint followed by a smile

I'm pretty sure he always talks to himself at least in his head while he's training, comes from being brought up that way with someone (his dad) always talking over his shoulder when in the gym since he was little. He probably even does it during fights, helps keep the mind clear and reinforce what needs to be done. It's a kind of trance for him to enter into and it helps. Might not work for everyone, though

Wait, everyone doesn't do that? I'm always in the middle of a personal dialogue. From the moment I wake to the moment I fall asleep.

Wait, everyone doesn't do that? I'm always in the middle of a personal dialogue. From the moment I wake to the moment I fall asleep.

Everyone probably has done it here and there at times.

Every conscious moment is traveling panhandler level dedication, hats off to you sir

Its an interesting behaviour. I do analyze intellectual and other complex topics and problems most efficient in a dialogue with myself. The imaginative aspect helps the brain find creative solutions. Speaking even without voice is not only a result of a thought, it shapes the thoughts itself into form.

People with social isolation also tend to speak with themselves. I guess its kind of an emergency software within outselves as we are determined social creatures by nature.

For a guy that is as fluid as he is in the boxing ring, he looks so awkward when he's playing other sports.

He looks more uncoordinated than your average Joe when he plays basketball, for instance.

Still, a very nice video

Its an interesting behaviour. I do analyze intellectual and other complex topics and problems most efficient in a dialogue with myself. The imaginative aspect helps the brain find creative solutions. Speaking even without voice is not only a result of a thought, it shapes the thoughts itself into form.

People with social isolation also tend to speak with themselves. I guess its kind of an emergency software within outselves as we are determined social creatures by nature.

This sound to me like someone trying to make something more complex then it is to sound smart.

He boxed like God but his bagwork isnt thread worthy material IMO

This sound to me like someone trying to make something more complex then it is to sound smart.

Well and this sounds like someone who needs to vent instead of understand and is rather simple minded. Its a proven concept that gets also used to great benefit in preparing people for potential stressful situations like exams, job interviews, conflicts in relationships.
But it can also be used in thinking about a scientific thesis as in f.e. you try to falsificate your theory by playing out both sides of an argument. Its a powerful tool but not for everyone.

Personally I don't understand why some professional boxers have to talk while doing heavy bag work lol.

Maybe for promotional material.

Can you imagine if someone in the standup forum posted a heavy bag work video and started talking like this while working on the heavy bag.

I think we'd all think there was something wrong with him.

Personally I don't understand why some professional boxers have to talk while doing heavy bag work lol.

Maybe for promotional material.

Can you imagine if someone in the standup forum posted a heavy bag work video and started talking like this while working on the heavy bag.

I think we'd all think there was something wrong with him.

I would think that he's possessed lol.

Back