Floyd Mayweather is at it again

You do know that 50-0 puts him 1 above Rocky Marciano’s 49-0 record which was the previous top undefeated and retired record right? Not the same as winning X number of fights in a row but not being undefeated. So, 50-0 is not arbitrary at all.[/QUOTE

Absolutely.
I’m a big fan of Floyd. Beating a guy who’s never boxed before means absolutely nothing.
History will reflect that. Floyd was always going to get 50.
He chose the guy who would make the most money and generate the most buzz.

It was a huge farce.

Floyd going 49 or 50 his legacy wouldn’t have changed.

It’s a worthless stat. Kept in high regard because it was a white heavyweight.

You say it doesn’t tarnish the accomplishment. How does it not? He fought a fucking non-boxer to pad his record. You’ve got to be just a loyal Floyd fan and apologist. Floyd spent a career picking and choosing his opponents based on easiest money and safest fight. If he had taken on the best of his generation at their best he’d be no 50-0. He’s still great just not as great as his careful record would indicate.

everything you said was false and you sound like a casual hater. Study up on boxing noob

everything you said was false and you sound like a casual hater. Study up on boxing noob
You saying what I said is false doesn’t make it so. Again, you’re obviously just a Floyd fan and apologist. I’m no noob my man. I’ve been following boxing since the early ‘80’s listening to Leonard-Hearns 1 on the fucking radio because we were too poor for HBO. Calling someone a noob just because you don’t agree with them is weak sauce dude.

@chiefwiggum

So you’re a big fan of Floyd’s? Says it all pretty much. Someone who can look at it more objectively would see how ludicrous it was for Floyd to set that record against a non-boxer. C’mon man. A NON-boxer!
Hell, let’s not even talk about undefeated records and just focus on the legacy of a great boxer. It looks bad to anyone who respects the great sport of boxing for one of its all time greats to go out there and slap a guy around for 100’s of millions when said slapee shouldn’t even be in the ring.

something's happening between floyd and mma. there's too many posts of him with mma gloves; hope there's an official announcement because that was the same tactic he used for the Mcg fight.

I just feel like it's going to happen. Floyd's legacy in boxing is now secure with 50-0. He loses none of that getting his ass kicked in the cage while making another mega payday.

Too much money on the table.
You kiddin'? His legacy will be trashed if he gets molested by Conor (which he 110% will). This aint GGG, who would have a KO punchers chance in the first couple seconds. May gets destroyed ruthlessly and violently, and even he knows this.

You kiddin'? His legacy will be trashed if he gets molested by Conor (which he 110% will). This aint GGG, who would have a KO punchers chance in the first couple seconds. May gets destroyed ruthlessly and violently, and even he knows this.

Not really. He will still be remembered as the GOAT of this generation.

You saying what I said is false doesn’t make it so. Again, you’re obviously just a Floyd fan and apologist. I’m no noob my man. I’ve been following boxing since the early ‘80’s listening to Leonard-Hearns 1 on the fucking radio because we were too poor for HBO. Calling someone a noob just because you don’t agree with them is weak sauce dude.

You just dont know wtf youre talking about. Youre just giving your opinion and its dripped in bitterness to say the least. Floyd is ranked already in the top 5. Deal with it and quit crying

To be fair to Floyd, Muhammed Ali had a freakshow mixed rules fight against a Japanese wrestler (Antonio Inoki) and it didn't damage his legacy at all, though he got a savage mauling to his legs. The fight was ruled a draw, but Ali was the one who took the most punishment.

No one really talks about the Inoki fight when discussing Ali's boxing legacy. Even if Floyd cops a beating in MMA, it'll just be like the Inoki//Ali fight for his boxing legacy. A non-factor.

Making another 300-400 million dollars for a fight that won't affect your boxing legacy at all is mighty tempting, even for someone as loaded as Floyd.

And I think an MMA fight would be even bigger than the boxing match, because there's a huge chance Floyd will lose. People have been paying money for years to see him get beaten, and it's never happened. Boxing fans who love and hate Floyd will shell out big time for PPV. Especially those who have waited 20 years to see him get his ass kicked.

Dana must be licking his chops at the prospect of Floyd seriously considering this. It'll be the biggest event in MMA history if it happens.

Now I'm also seeing why this sub-forum wasn't closed soon after the boxing match. Sherdog owners were thinking ahead.LOL!

Last edited:
You just dont know wtf youre talking about. Youre just giving your opinion and its dripped in bitterness to say the least. Floyd is ranked already in the top 5. Deal with it and quit crying
Well you know what they say about opinions and how they're like a part of the human anatomy. Everyone's got one.

You're just stating you're opinion as well. You're not stating facts that are backed up by any sort of data.

My opinion: Floyd is in no way a top 5 all-time great. He picked and choosed his opponents in order to safely earn a lot of cash and keep an unbeaten record. He is an all-time great, just not top 5. No way, in my opinion and a lot of others is he greater than: Ali, Louis, both Sugar Rays, Hagler, Hopkins, Foreman, Moore, Monzon, and if you want to go way back, I'd put Dempsey, Tunney and Jack Johnson above him too. So, I might put Floyd somewhere in the top 25 or so but that's it. Maybe if he would have taken on some real challenges, in their primes and won, he would be higher on the list.

Also, I've got zero bitterness toward Floyd. I think he was a helluva a boxer and actually think he did himself a disservice by protecting his record and not really stepping up to challenges.

The thing about being a hardcore fan (which I think describes your feelings toward Floyd) is that your judgement gets clouded and you no longer have objectivity. I don't really have favorite fighters or boxers which frees me up to just look at their accomplishments for what they are.

Anyway, man, nothing wrong with having a favorite and being dedicated to them like you are with Floyd. Seriously, it's all good.

EDIT: removed Marciano from list of greats above Floyd.

Last edited:
Well you know what they say about opinions and how they're like a part of the human anatomy. Everyone's got one.

You're just stating you're opinion as well. You're not stating facts that are backed up by any sort of data.

My opinion: Floyd is in no way a top 5 all-time great. He picked and choosed his opponents in order to safely earn a lot of cash and keep an unbeaten record. He is an all-time great, just not top 5. No way, in my opinion and a lot of others is he greater than: Ali, Louis, both Sugar Rays, Hagler, Hopkins, Foreman, Moore, Marciano, Monzon, and if you want to go way back, I'd put Dempsey, Tunney and Jack Johnson above him too. So, I might put Floyd somewhere in the top 25 or so but that's it. Maybe if he would have taken on some real challenges, in their primes and won, he would be higher on the list.

Also, I've got zero bitterness toward Floyd. I think he was a helluva a boxer and actually think he did himself a disservice by protecting his record and not really stepping up to challenges.

The thing about being a hardcore fan (which I think describes your feelings toward Floyd) is that your judgement gets clouded and you no longer have objectivity. I don't really have favorite fighters or boxers which frees me up to just look at their accomplishments for what they are.

Anyway, man, nothing wrong with having a favorite and being dedicated to them like you are with Floyd. Seriously, it's all good.

Nobody in the history of boxing fought and beat more active world champions than Floyd. He made all-time great fighters and Hall Of Famers look like club amateurs. Anyone who thinks he didn't step up to challenges, to quote Uncle Roger Mayweather, "don't know shit about boxing". His former paymasters at HBO, like Jim Lampley spent of lot of time and effort trying to discredit his record, but it simply doesn't hold up. The list of champions (who were all top 10 P4P fighters when he crushed them) that he knocked off is mindboggling. Someone like Marciano shouldn't even be mentioned in the same breath as Mayweather. Marciano became world champ by beating a guy who was nearly 40 years old. He feasted on too many bums to count, and his most notable victory came against Joe Louis when he was basically an old man, and had come out of retirement for one last fight to pay his tax bill.

Floyd's claim to being GOAT or TBE is incredibly legit.

Nobody in the history of boxing fought and beat more active world champions than Floyd. He made all-time great fighters and Hall Of Famers look like club amateurs. Anyone who thinks he didn't step up to challenges, to quote Uncle Roger Mayweather, "don't know shit about boxing". His former paymasters at HBO, like Jim Lampley spent of lot of time and effort trying to discredit his record, but it simply doesn't hold up. The list of champions (who were all top 10 P4P fighters when he crushed them) that he knocked off is mindboggling. Someone like Marciano shouldn't even be mentioned in the same breath as Mayweather. Marciano became world champ by beating a guy who was nearly 40 years old. He feasted on too many bums to count, and his most notable victory came against Joe Louis when he was basically an old man, and had come out of retirement for one last fight to pay his tax bill.

Floyd's claim to being GOAT or TBE is incredibly legit.
I get it, you’re a Floyd fan too.

So which one of these all time greats that Floyd beat we’re in their primes when they fought him?

I do agree to a large extent with what you’re saying about Marciano though I would challenge that the playing field was tougher back in the day and he was almost always shorter and lighter than his opponents due to the lack of a cruiserwright division. Anyway, In hindsight, I’ll rank Marciano below Floyd due to the old men on Rocky’s record.

I get it, you’re a Floyd fan too.

So which one of these all time greats that Floyd beat we’re in their primes when they fought him?

Canelo, Hatton, Marquez, Gatti, Castillo, Cotto, Corralles.

Guys he fought slightly outside of their prime (but when they were still top 10 P4P fighters) all ducked him when he wanted them in their prime. Mayweather spent years calling out Shane Mosely and Oscar De La Hoya, and neither wanted anything to do with him, because young Floyd was a high risk, low reward fight. Mosely claimed he had a toothache when asked about young Floyd calling him out.

Pacquiao was hell to get made because Bob Arum hated Mayweather more than it's possible to hate another human being. But Mayweather was still older than Pacquiao when they fought.

My opinion: Floyd is in no way a top 5 all-time great. He picked and choosed his opponents in order to safely earn a lot of cash and keep an unbeaten record. He is an all-time great, just not top 5. No way, in my opinion and a lot of others is he greater than: Ali, Louis, both Sugar Rays, Hagler, Hopkins, Foreman, Moore, Monzon, and if you want to go way back, I'd put Dempsey, Tunney and Jack Johnson above him too. So, I might put Floyd somewhere in the top 25 or so but that's it. Maybe if he would have taken on some real challenges, in their primes and won, he would be higher on the list.

Hagler, Monzon, Hopkins (Hopkins himself rates Floyd clearly ahead of himself and Hopkins doesn't even like Floyd), Foreman, Dempsey, and Jack Johnson are clearly behind Floyd. Their resumes are clearly inferior to Floyd's. I like Tunney and he has a very impressive resume, but it's hard to rate him above Floyd, especially considering he didn't fight any of the black fighters from his era (which wasn't necessarily the norm; Greb fought the majority of the top black contenders from the same era and he clearly has a better resume than Tunney).

There is an argument for Archie Moore being ahead of him. Robinson is obviously ahead of him, and I'd likely rate R. Leonard ahead of him, as well. Duran, Charles, Armstrong, Pep, B. Leonard, and Greb could all be rated ahead of him, as well. I'd probably have Floyd barely ahead of Ali. He's either low end top 10 or barely outside of the top 10, but the likes of Hagler, Monzon, Hopkins, Foreman, Dempsey, and Johnson definitely don't deserve to be rated above him.

Well its not an opinion that he is the greatest of this generation. so...keep crying if you want.

Well its not an opinion that he is the greatest of this generation. so...keep crying if you want.
That’s exactly what it is. An opinion. It will only ever be an opinion. There is no way to make it a fact. That’s not how facts and opinions work. And crying? Not sure how me having a different opinion than you constitutes crying.

Hey that actually looks really cool! lol! Love the TMT on the gloves lol!

Hagler, Monzon, Hopkins (Hopkins himself rates Floyd clearly ahead of himself and Hopkins doesn't even like Floyd), Foreman, Dempsey, and Jack Johnson are clearly behind Floyd. Their resumes are clearly inferior to Floyd's. I like Tunney and he has a very impressive resume, but it's hard to rate him above Floyd, especially considering he didn't fight any of the black fighters from his era (which wasn't necessarily the norm; Greb fought the majority of the top black contenders from the same era and he clearly has a better resume than Tunney).

There is an argument for Archie Moore being ahead of him. Robinson is obviously ahead of him, and I'd likely rate R. Leonard ahead of him, as well. Duran, Charles, Armstrong, Pep, B. Leonard, and Greb could all be rated ahead of him, as well. I'd probably have Floyd barely ahead of Ali. He's either low end top 10 or barely outside of the top 10, but the likes of Hagler, Monzon, Hopkins, Foreman, Dempsey, and Johnson definitely don't deserve to be rated above him.

My argument was that he isn’t top 5 all time and you’ve backed that up better than I did.

These debates are always tough because in the end there is always so much conjecture. Fun to discuss though!

Lol...theres no way in actual life that he believes this shit. It just cant be.

How the fuck could he ever think that image is a possibility?

Dude is retarded. Just go hang out in your strip club dork.

Yyyyeeeaaahhhhh

Back