Floyd Mayweather: Terence Crawford is hands down #1 P4P

P4P is such a lame concept -- only the "little guys" care about that vague/vapid title.

both Lomachenko and Crawford are extremely boring to watch. You know what's important to promoters and TV networks? Who is the most entertaining fighter and the answer to that my friends is 1) GGG 2) Canelo 3) Kovalev

Go home.

Its absolutely blows my mind when people like to just gloss over the fact that Loma lost to Salido lmao.
People love to sit around and perform all kind of mental gymnastics to justify Loma being pvp number one but it just dosent add up to me.
To me he hasnt beat enough quality opponents to be considered p4p #1 and to top it off HE LOST TO SALIDO lol. People talk about his movement, what he did to Rigo and his amateur career but try their absolute best to gloss over the fact he still has a unavenged lost to Salido.
Skill wise does he do some amazing things? Yes without a doubt. BUT excuse the ever loving fuck out of me for not crowning a guy p4p champ when his best win is a 37 year old man(rigo) and he lost to a 40 yr old Mexican journeyman(salido) lol

I don’t think should be a unanimous top 3 but I see why.

Who do you think could be above one of the three guys in that group?

I honestly would not be opposed to Canelo being at 3 and Lomachenko at 4. I think his resume compares favorably.

After rewatching Sri/Chocolatito again, I'm leaning more towards Sri in the Estrada matchup. I want Estrada to come through, but that dude ran through Roman last time out. JFE is going to have a hard night ahead of him.
I really don't know who to pick in that fight. JFE is the bigger guy, but Srisaket looked electric against Chocolatito in the rematch, and contrary to the popular narrative, we have seen Srisaket against other good fighters, it's not like he's a totally unknown quantity who somehow managed to upset Choco.

Either way it'll be a tough fight, but I'm narrowly edging Srisaket.

I didnt hear a word he said...
I was too busy noticing him looking baller as fuck with those glasses on

EDIT: WTF TS went back to watch vid again..
Hes obviously being humble

Go look that word up in the dictionary TS....As a mayweather fan, you might nit know what(or many other words for that matter) mean

I believe Loma is the most skilled boxer active today. Yet, Crawford is one of the greatest tacticians I've recently seen (like ward, SRL, and perhaps Floyd). The way he adjusts and changes his tactical plan as the fight progresses makes him a better strategist than most trainers (I aventure myself in saying he'll be a great trainier when he retires). The way he changed the fight against Gamboa (after being outbox for most 5 round or soo) was simply a masterpiece.

Compared to Crawford, Loma is more dependent on is his natural skills, ergo unidimensional, and we don't really know if he has the intelligence and tactical versatility and improvisation requiered to be among by greatest ever...

Most of them seem to be MMA fans coming from the heavies, as well; Rogan saying that he had reinvented boxing or whatever nonsense he spouted likely has something to do with that. It happens to any really talented fighter who starts getting close to breaking through as a star, though, so it's to be expected. Homochenkos might get some traction.

Get over it. This site is first and foremost an mma site so I have a signature that reflects that. I am a fan of Duran, Jersey Joe Walcott, Joe Louis, Jack Demspsey, Lennox Lewis, Hearns, Hagler, Sugar Ray Robinson, Tyson etc. I’m not an expert but I am training boxing after Muay Thai and I am catching up with the modern competitive environment. For instance, I have my eyes on Errol Spence Jr, Terence Crawford, Anthony Joshua, Gervonta Davis...I am a fan of both GGG and Canelo.

You can be pretentious about boxing all you want to be...and I actually really like Floyd. I have training or highlight vids on my iPhone for the gym of all the above fighters and many more...even a few lesser known greats like Aaron Pryor And Julian Jackson. It’s not unnatural for a legend like Floyd to be upset when he steps out of the spotlight. It happened to many people across many different careers. Particularly if people are great at their craft.

And ya, Conor is in my signature and I should probably change that cause I made it a long time ago before he was champ at 145. I get that he is a Weinberg and I don’t support him now that he is just cashing out. But you can’t deny he has a more aestethicly pleasing style than the majority of mma fighters. It was hard not to be a fan in the beginning.

Last edited:
Floyd is so salty about Lomachenko. That last bit makes it clear. Although Crawford is awesome. I think we all agree with that.

Yup. Floyd hates Lomachenko. He'll try and dump all over him for as long as Loma is around.

Its absolutely blows my mind when people like to just gloss over the fact that Loma lost to Salido lmao.
People love to sit around and perform all kind of mental gymnastics to justify Loma being pvp number one but it just dosent add up to me.
To me he hasnt beat enough quality opponents to be considered p4p #1 and to top it off HE LOST TO SALIDO lol. People talk about his movement, what he did to Rigo and his amateur career but try their absolute best to gloss over the fact he still has a unavenged lost to Salido.
Skill wise does he do some amazing things? Yes without a doubt. BUT excuse the ever loving fuck out of me for not crowning a guy p4p champ when his best win is a 37 year old man(rigo) and he lost to a 40 yr old Mexican journeyman(salido) lol

It blows my mind when people just gloss over HOW Salido won the fight against Lomachenko. It wasn't exactly a one-sided straight forward victory devoid of any controversy. Salido managed to set a world record of landed low blows. And he still almost lost only the referee saved him. The same blind referee that ignored the 100 plus low blows. Not exactly a clean clear cut victory for Salido. And he won by the narrowest of margins getting the split decision. Factor in that it was Lomachenkos second pro fight and that's why people don't take the loss that seriously. No sane person would even bet a dollar on Salido winning a rematch which is unlikely to ever happen as Salido has been ducking it hard for quite some time now and looks to have retired.

It blows my mind when people just gloss over HOW Salido won the fight against Lomachenko. It wasn't exactly a one-sided straight forward victory devoid of any controversy. Salido managed to set a world record of landed low blows. And he still almost lost only the referee saved him. The same blind referee that ignored the 100 plus low blows. Not exactly a clean clear cut victory for Salido. And he won by the narrowest of margins getting the split decision. Factor in that it was Lomachenkos second pro fight and that's why people don't take the loss that seriously. No sane person would even bet a dollar on Salido winning a rematch which is unlikely to ever happen as Salido has been ducking it hard for quite some time now and looks to have retired.
Honestly read your post and look at how many excuses you just made in one paragraph! LOL. I agree Salido would likely lose a rematch but that doesnt change the fact that Loma still LOST the original bout fam, he took an L it happens and that isnt a knock on him as a boxer, but guys praising him as this phenom when he just lost to a 40 year old journeymen isnt gonna fly while im around lmao he needs to prove himself some more as pro before the d*** riding starts and thats just my humble opinion.

Is Floy trying to promote Crawford? Is he already his promoter? Serious question.

Is Floy trying to promote Crawford? Is he already his promoter? Serious question.

Crawford is with TR. It's a defensible position; no one near the top (Golovkin, Canelo, Lomachenko, Rungvisai, etc.) have really separated themselves as the clear #1 p4p.

I have Crawford at the top spot but I could accept Loma as #1 as well. There clearly isn't an undisputed #1 fighter at the moment.

Bud's resume may be lacking but he is a former 2 weight world champ, is unbeaten and he did unify the division at 140. That to go along with his flawless boxing ability (plus he is a finisher with both hands) makes a fine argument for him having that spot.

Loma def has an argument as well...also a former 2 weight world champ. A stellar amateur record. 2x Olympic gold medalist. His footwork/slick movement are a game changer no doubt. He did make 4 consecutive opponents quit on their stool after all. But despite all that, he did get beat at the pro level by a journeyman fighter.

Either way I could see arguments for both those guys or even GGG as the top ranked fighter at the moment.

As for Floyd, though his opinion is a valid one, he's always had his biases.

Honestly read your post and look at how many excuses you just made in one paragraph! LOL. I agree Salido would likely lose a rematch but that doesnt change the fact that Loma still LOST the original bout fam, he took an L it happens and that isnt a knock on him as a boxer, but guys praising him as this phenom when he just lost to a 40 year old journeymen isnt gonna fly while im around lmao he needs to prove himself some more as pro before the d*** riding starts and thats just my humble opinion.
There are excuses because that's what actually happened. You can't call out a single loss without looking at it in the proper context. If you think it was a legit victory for Salido then good for you but I like to look a bit more into why and how someone lost rather than just taking it as a number on the win loss record. Numbers don't tell the whole story. For me the loss was nothing that took away from Lomachenkos obvious talents. It just a shame he'll never get to avenge that loss. It must burn him knowing the type of character he is.

There are excuses because that's what actually happened. You can't call out a single loss without looking at it in the proper context. If you think it was a legit victory for Salido then good for you but I like to look a bit more into why and how someone lost rather than just taking it as a number on the win loss record. Numbers don't tell the whole story. For me the loss was nothing that took away from Lomachenkos obvious talents. It just a shame he'll never get to avenge that loss. It must burn him knowing the type of character he is.

Salido actually decided to "unretire" after a few days of thought. He said that he announced his retirement in the heat of the moment after the Roman fight. Salido realizes that he could still get the Lomachenko rematch, just not for what he was demanding previously (tons of money in his most recent interview before the Roman fight).

Orlando Salido: Retirement is Over, I'm Coming Back in 2018!

Back