Floyd Mayweather v Fantastic Four

Floyd vs. Aaron Pryor is the one I am curious to think who you guys would win

I got Pryor by workmanlike decision hurting mayweather multiple times

Duran vs Pryor is a fight we could have and should have seen.

Hagler and Hearns are too big, but shrink them down to Floyd's size and floyd schools them both.

Duran would probably beat Floyd the first time out, but would lose a trilogy. Leonard beats floyd.

its definitely possible but pryor has been caught by right hands by multiple dudes and floyds right is fantastic.
it is an interesting fight for sure i like Pryors uppercuts to right hand combos thrown off a pivot or bob would give floyd headaches

Floyd lacks the pop to hurt Hearns from inside when Tommy gets tired, IMO. Hearns JD via lots of jabs, harder to time and counter than usual for Floyd.
Hagler via JD over 15 rounds. Over 12 rounds it's a tossup, depending a lot on which Marvin shows up. If he boxes stupid, he gets outboxed. If he applies the right pressure I don't think Mayweather's power at 160 can stop him on his tracks à la Leonard.
I like the idea of Floyd winning a trilogy against Duran. If Castillo could be a threat to Mayweather at 135 then Duran can rough him up once, then Floyd's adjusments prevail in the following bouts.
Floyd vs Pryor at 140 is very intriguing. Going 12 or 15 rounds would definitely be a factor. I can't really make up my mind on this one.

Floyd lacks the pop to hurt Hearns from inside when Tommy gets tired, IMO. Hearns JD via lots of jabs, harder to time and counter than usual for Floyd.
Hagler via JD over 15 rounds. Over 12 rounds it's a tossup, depending a lot on which Marvin shows up. If he boxes stupid, he gets outboxed. If he applies the right pressure I don't think Mayweather's power at 160 can stop him on his tracks à la Leonard.
I like the idea of Floyd winning a trilogy against Duran. If Castillo could be a threat to Mayweather at 135 then Duran can rough him up once, then Floyd's adjusments prevail in the following bouts.
Floyd vs Pryor at 140 is very intriguing. Going 12 or 15 rounds would definitely be a factor. I can't really make up my mind on this one.
Why does Hagler beat Floyd over 15 rounds? Floyd never had issues with conditioning. Also, Duran was no big puncher at middle and he had Hagler tentative. Never visibly hurt Duran that I can recall either.

I just can't see how people pick Hagler and Duran to beat Floyd. Hagler and Duran didn't beat guys like Floyd. Hearns and Leonard beat guys like Floyd.

Why does Hagler beat Floyd over 15 rounds? Floyd never had issues with conditioning. Also, Duran was no big puncher at middle and he had Hagler tentative. Never visibly hurt Duran that I can recall either.

I just can't see how people pick Hagler and Duran to beat Floyd. Hagler and Duran didn't beat guys like Floyd. Hearns and Leonard beat guys like Floyd.

It's not all that complicated, though. Duran did pretty much everything better than Castillo at 135 and JLC caused Floyd a world of trouble. Then Floyd adjusted. And I don't see Floyd's pop keeping Hagler honest at 160, while at this weight Duran floored a big guy in Barkley. Hagler's size advantage and conditionning are more difficult to handle over 15 rounds than 12. Hagler lost to tall MWs when he was green, then to SRL, whose power was superior to Floyd's and could stop him on his tracks. I don't think Floyd fought anyone like Hagler, let alone at 160. Not sure how one can be sure of Floyd's beating him. I give him a chance over 12 rounds if Hagler fights silly, which he can do, though.

Last edited:
It's not all that complicated, though. Duran did pretty much everything better than Castillo at 135 and caused a world of trouble to Floyd. I don't see Floyd's pop keeping Hagler honest at 160, while at this weight Duran floored a big guy in Barkley. Hagler's size advantage and conditionning is more difficult to handle over 15 rounds than 12. Hagler lost to tall MWs when he was green, than to SRL, whose power was superior to Floyd's and could stop him on his tracks. I don't think Floyd fought anyone like Hagler, let alone at 160.
I believe Duran and Hagler proved to have a lot more issues with technicians than Floyd did vs pressure.

How does Floyd keep Hagler off of him? Floyd's not a mover like Leonard, he just re-positions himself and takes you through the same routine.

I believe Duran and Hagler proved to have a lot more issues with technicians than Floyd did vs pressure.

Well, everyone had issues against SRL until he faded. And before that Hagler struggled the most against Seales, Watts and Monroe. They certainly could box, but they were also tall MWs. He mangled them afterwards when he got better. Dunno if technique was his biggest issue. He could choose a poor gameplan, though.

As for Duran, I'd say the slower version of him would certainly struggle against Floyd. At 135 he moved well enough

How does Floyd keep Hagler off of him? Floyd's not a mover like Leonard, he just re-positions himself and takes you through the same routine.
Floyd was a 100X slicker than Leonard. I think a lot of people imagine 38 year old Floyd vs prime Hagler.

Floyd was a 100X slicker than Leonard. I think a lot of people imagine 38 year old Floyd vs prime Hagler.

I already said that Floyd's a better boxer than Ray. But I don't think his subtle upper body movement, clinching, shoulder roll, etc. is enough to prevent Hagler from getting up close and having a high punch frequency against him. He's too small and not powerful enough.

Think about it - Floyd has a much better chance against Hearns than he does against Hagler.

Think about it - Floyd has a much better chance against Hearns than he does against Hagler.
No way. Hearns is the worst fight of the 4 for him. Hearns knew how to beat a slickster. Watch the Benitez fight.

Its pretty obvious to anyone familiar with the 2 fighters. Aggression never got the job done against Floyd at his peak and he fought some of the better offensive fighters of his era.

On the other hand, you have Hagler, who got outboxed at multiple points in his career by lesser guys than Floyd. Hagler beat guys by dragging them into slugfests. No one did that to Floyd. Floyd would clown him.

Duran, same deal. Anyone Duran could force into a "real fight" would come up short. Box him up a little and he couldn't really deal with it. Look at him against Benitez or against Leonard the second time.

Well said. I think people's dislike of Floyd just makes them look at things with a bit of a hate bias. Not saying Floyd would have an easy time or he couldn't lose against any of these 4. But anyone just thinking it's a sure thing Floyd loses against them is just a hater. Floyd from a skill, conditioning, and boxing IQ perspective is as good (if not better) than any of them. It would not be an easy fight for ANYONE involved.

Well said. I think people's dislike of Floyd just makes them look at things with a bit of a hate bias. Not saying Floyd would have an easy time or he couldn't lose against any of these 4. But anyone just thinking it's a sure thing Floyd loses against them is just a hater. Floyd from a skill, conditioning, and boxing IQ perspective is as good (if not better) than any of them. It would not be an easy fight for ANYONE involved.
Sort of agree but I think that Leonard beats him the most easily. He had such speed, skill, conditioning and athleticism as well as being a naturally bigger man than Floyd. He had ring IQ as well.

if we're talking lightweight duran, he'd probably win, I assumed people were speaking the 80's version of duran who was very beatable. It's a good thing he had his rep by that time, I don't know if a fighter with that kind of erraticness could have built a career having to fight young, hungry fighters instead of getting big fights, most of which he lost or barely won.

I think Hearns woud beat him. Leonard too but that one would be closer than people would expect.

Floyd whoops all these, Jesus Christ are you guys brain damaged?

Sort of agree but I think that Leonard beats him the most easily. He had such speed, skill, conditioning and athleticism as well as being a naturally bigger man than Floyd. He had ring IQ as well.
Watch Leonard and Hearns both fight Benitez. I think Hearns was the better guy against a good technical boxer.

Side note, the 2 staredowns from those fights are pretty interesting too. You could tell Benitez intimidated Leonard but not Hearns. Benitez broke eye contact with Hearns.

Leonard doesn't look intimidated at all to me.

I think Duran's look from his staredown with Heanrs is memorable. I don't know if Duran was intimidated, but he looked sort of wary. Maybe Duran had dark presentiment of what was about to happen.

Back