Floyd: 'MMA is for whites who can't box'

A boxer is a fighter in all scenarios. He may not have as many tools as an MMA guy and may not be as prepared for the street as he thinks he is, but a boxer is still a fighter.
But a boxer in a boxing match is not a fighter he's a boxer

It's really pathetic how boxing marks always seem to introduce weapons into the equation.

It's the only way they can even the odds I guess <Moves>

But a boxer in a boxing match is not a fighter he's a boxer

What makes him not a fighter?

Is it the rules and limited skill set they use?

Then by that logic, an MMA athlete isn't a fighter either. He's just an MMA competitor because there are plenty of things done in real fights that they don't even train for in their sport.

These guys all agree to rules and limits of what they can and can't do.

I happen to respect what both boxers and MMA guys do. They're fighters. No doubt about it.

Knives, bottles, bats are a reality in fighting. Doubt they'll ever be allowed in the UFC, but if you're gonna keep flapping your gums about what is and isn't fighting, the least you can do is be prepared to answer legit questions that address real fighting situations.
My last two fights have involved weapons, and both were 2-against-1. In neither of these fights was grappling a sensible option despite the fact that I could probably have handled these guys easily on the ground. I had to disarm a club TWICE in the first fight. In fact, I disarmed guy 1, threw the club far away, dropped him with a straight right as he charged in. I mounted him when he was on the ground (rather than stomping him), but of course his buddy ran to get the club and hit me in the head when I was on top of guy 1. So, disarm guy 2, then run away. So, in order of importance: (1) disarming a weapon, (2) boxing, (3) sprinting, (4) grappling. Experiences like that convinced me that dedication to sport fighting has nothing to do with real fighting. I love training and sparring, but real fighting is something very different and to be avoided at all costs. In fight 2 I had my face shredded with brass knuckles by guy 2 while guy 1 was trying to bite my finger off. They started hitting me when I was standing at a urinal. I am pretty sure boxing saved my life there. I think key to survival in both cases was also being able to take a club or brass knuckles to the head and keep fighting.

Then by that logic, an MMA athlete isn't a fighter either. He's just an MMA competitor because there are plenty of things done in real fights that they don't even train for in their sport.

I happen to respect what both boxers and MMA guys do. They're fighters. No doubt about it.
Hence, boxing is light years away from fighting compared to MMA.

My last two fights have involved weapons, and both were 2-against-1. In neither of these fights was grappling a sensible option despite the fact that I could probably have handled these guys easily on the ground. I had to disarm a club TWICE in the first fight. In fact, I disarmed guy 1, threw the club far away, dropped him with a straight right as he charged in. I mounted him when he was on the ground (rather than stomping him), but of course his buddy ran to get the club and hit me in the head when I was on top of guy 1. So, disarm guy 2, then run away. So, in order of importance: (1) disarming a weapon, (2) boxing, (3) sprinting, (4) grappling. Experiences like that convinced me that dedication to sport fighting has nothing to do with real fighting. I love training and sparring, but real fighting is something very different and to be avoided at all costs. In fight 2 I had my face shredded with brass knuckles by guy 2 while guy 1 was trying to bite my finger off. They started hitting me when I was standing at a urinal. I am pretty sure boxing saved my life there. I think key to survival in both cases was also being able to take a club or brass knuckles to the head and keep fighting.
Now I want you to imagine it was just you versus an MMA fighter

It's really pathetic how boxing marks always seem to introduce weapons into the equation.

It's the only way they can even the odds I guess <Moves>
It's in line with their delusion...that punches magically negate all other aspects of fighting and weapons now too

Is an arm wrestler a fighter?

But way closer than boxing is

See how that works?

I agree. But why stop at boxing?

Why not just go all in and add "Conner's MMA is light years behind real fighting", each and every time you type your boxing slogan?

No. An arm wrestler is like strong man. Like those guys who lift cars over their heads and pull logs chained around their waists.

But if the arm wrestler trains in a ring sport like Muay Thai and competes, then he is a fighter.

Hence, MMA fighting is light years behind real fighting.

See how that works?
Hey marlon sims

It's in line with their delusion...that punches magically negate all other aspects of fighting and weapons now too

Believe it or not, there are people who include weaponry as part of their overall training.

It's usually delusional boxing fans or delusional MMA fans who neglect this reality.

No. That's REAL fighting.

I'm talking about stuff like knives, bottles, sticks, bats, even firearms. The kind of stuff ordinary people, who are serious about real fighting have general access to. The kind of stuff that is light years ahead of MMA as far as real fighting is concerned.

When you know boxing, and then you know MMA, and then you know about weaponry, the people who preach that MMA is the final word on fighting end up looking like the boxing fans who think that boxing is the final word too.

No. That's REAL fighting.

I'm talking about stuff like knives, bottles, sticks, bats, even firearms. The kind of stuff ordinary people, who are serious about real fighting have general access to. The kind of stuff that is light years ahead of MMA as far as real fighting is concerned.

When you know boxing, and then you know MMA, and then you know about weaponry, the people who preach that MMA is the final word on fighting end up looking like the boxing fans who think that boxing is the final word too.
Goes to show how far boxing is from fighting

No. An arm wrestler is like strong man. Like those guys who lift cars over their heads and pull logs chained around their waists.

But if the arm wrestler trains in a ring sport like Muay Thai and competes, then he is a fighter.
Is an Olympic wrestler a fighter?

What makes a boxer a fighter but an arm wrestler a mere strongman?

Is an Olympic wrestler a fighter?

What makes a boxer a fighter but an arm wrestler a mere strongman?
Pure. Gold.

Back