Floyd speaking the harsh truth about Dana White and Conor

How many people like Dana took home 100 mil+ or the Fertittas taking home huge paychecks? The fact that their profit shows as 200 mil may mean very little when the owners of the company also have 'positions' within the company.
True True... Dana's paycheck is like 9% of profits I think. So that's 18 mill. for Dana in 2016. Good call... & I'm sure Ari & others are getting a big piece of that as well.

It is a much different model than what boxers do... as the UFC is pretty much their entire sport... whereas boxers negotiate individually through different entities to make deals... so it's hard to compare the 2.... but at the same time, Floyd does have a point... that top end fighters are making much more than the promotion.

Conor's got 3 fights left on his UFC contract... & I'm sure he's thinking about these tingz. Wonder is this Floyd fishing to get McGregor under his own promotion once Conor's UFC contract is up :eek:

2010 if a card only sold 300k PPVs then it was a massive flop
Well they were just bombarded with massive stars all with big hype behind them. Lenar, GSP, & Spider were all carrying the big cards, but the Pride crossover was still hot, so Rampage & Rua... were carrying some weight. Even Liddell carried one of the cards back then. it was a great year for sure, but PPV isn't everything now-a-days. The current TV deal bridges some of the gap... you got UFC gyms out there adding to profits... etc... PPV's are important... but there's a lot more income being generated outside of PPV than there was back then.

To your point though... this has been a terrible year for PPV... but I suppose it happenz. Thingz like Rousey & Jones dropping out of the picture were un-expected... but they will move on.

The guy who made mystic Mac look like a real pillow fist,..

lt did cross my mind actually but I don't see what his motive is.
Well I'm pretty sure this clip was made during the build up to their fight or maybe even in the negotiations before the fight.

Well they were just bombarded with massive stars all with big hype behind them. Lenar, GSP, & Spider were all carrying the big cards, but the Pride crossover was still hot, so Rampage & Rua... were carrying some weight. Even Liddell carried one of the cards back then. it was a great year for sure, but PPV isn't everything now-a-days. The current TV deal bridges some of the gap... you got UFC gyms out there adding to profits... etc... PPV's are important... but there's a lot more income being generated outside of PPV than there was back then.

To your point though... this has been a terrible year for PPV... but I suppose it happenz. Thingz like Rousey & Jones dropping out of the picture were un-expected... but they will move on.

Not just PPV. Didn't the average gate do much better back then? TV ratings were much better back then and they were on fucking Spike. Fox may pay better, but more people were watching on Spike. Casual fans used to get excited just to watch a UFC card. Now they only care about Conor and GSP. THE UFC brand seemed far more popular back then

No we're here to talk about the fights nerd lol

Do you not know the name of the sub forum you are in? Its called ufc discussion.

Nerd lol. Are you a timetraveller from the 1980's haha

Boxing is light years away from fighting.

Goddamn, but have you said that a lot. For a while I thought there were a bunch of Conor fans repeating that like a religious mantra, but it's you every time.

Floyd is the man and he is 100% right, but it took boxers centuries to figure out they don't have to pay these scumbag "presidents" or promoters.

But it takes two to fully implement it, it would take someone else with a star the size of Conor in the UFC, as well as Conor, to pull off what Delahoya and Floyd did in their fight.

Delahoya was a big enough star to do it on his own and he really was the first one to do it while he was still active and actually WINNING fights.

Goddamn, but have you said that a lot. For a while I thought there were a bunch of Conor fans repeating that like a religious mantra, but it's you every time.
Sometimes you have to fight fire with fire.

Why should he compete in a sport he's never trained for? Conor has boxed since he was 12, when has Floyd done any wrestling Bjj or kickboxing? I frequently fantasize about having sex with animals. Lmao, stay salty hater.

Dude that's weird. Keep your perverted animal sex thoughts to yourself.

You creepy bastard.

Why have so many people got a problem with the ufc in an mma forum?. Haha.

i can t talk for everybody but for me i m a fan of mma in general,and the ufc is the bigger league, but i hate the hypocrisy of dana white, the favoritism of conor,90% of the wmma fights, the direction the ufc is going with manufactured drama etc
i support the fighters and i wish all of them to have a succesful career, but i wish that an another org appear and at least compete with the ufc (bellator isn t there yet)
it s becoming to much of a circus to me

Back