Floyd, Ward, Malignaggi - Jealous of fighters with natural power?

I wish Paulie would marry a part black part samoan girl.
The child will become the GOAT, easily and early.
One of the most underrated minds in boxing.

Maybe Paulie. Ward doesn't have an envious bone in his body. Floyd has power, not everyone's power translate multiple weight classes.

You saw Floyd and Ward constantly shitting on GGG and now Wilder. Paulie couldn't stop hating on Manny.

Do fighters born without the gift of power tend to be jealous of fighters who are born with that gift? They probably had to work a lot harder to get where they got and overcome their physical limitations.

Floyd had MONSTROUS POWER at 135. He had hand issues. Paullie had good power prior to the hand issues.

I wouldn't say any of them are, they all share their opinions & sometimes the hype big punchers get, they are just quick to shoot down. Floyd had Kovalev beating Andre Ward, & thought Chocolatito at the time was P4P & highly respected his career. Both guys have natural power.

Floyd's #1 all time great is Roberto Duran, the guy born with hands of stone.

I'm sure Malignaggi had some jealousy over anyone that can punch at all, because damn that is unfortunate that you can't seem to even stun people when you land your best shot, but at this point he plays his position & knows that, so I think he less insecure about it & is truthful about boxers as well.

Also, Floyd and Andre Ward themselves have natural power, to be able to knock out any world class opponent you are going to need some serious pop, these guys are some of the best fighters in the world & the guys with bad chins get weeded out early. Anyone that truly think Floyd is featherfisted is being silly, I've seen him knock undefeated professional prospects dead out cold sparring in the gym with big gloves and headgear. Actually asleep type shit, and he would stop guys regularly.

Even Amir Khan's chin is gifted compared to ur average pro in the gym, some of the shots he took from Maidana were killer, he ate some seriously big blows from Canelo, he got up against Danny Garcia's hook and punches that we have seen send people to the shadow realm a few times, all those guys hit ur average pro in the gym and its a 1 minute first round KO.

I do think Malignaggi has a tendency to look at doping as a crutch more because of his own flaw in not having power though - almost a "so thats what it is!" kinda thing.

I wouldn't say any of them are, they all share their opinions & sometimes the hype big punchers get, they are just quick to shoot down. Floyd had Kovalev beating Andre Ward, & thought Chocolatito at the time was P4P & highly respected his career. Both guys have natural power.

Floyd's #1 all time great is Roberto Duran, the guy born with hands of stone.

I'm sure Malignaggi had some jealousy over anyone that can punch at all, because damn that is unfortunate that you can't seem to even stun people when you land your best shot, but at this point he plays his position & knows that, so I think he less insecure about it & is truthful about boxers as well.

Also, Floyd and Andre Ward themselves have natural power, to be able to knock out any world class opponent you are going to need some serious pop, these guys are some of the best fighters in the world & the guys with bad chins get weeded out early. Anyone that truly think Floyd is featherfisted is being silly, I've seen him knock undefeated professional prospects dead out cold sparring in the gym with big gloves and headgear. Actually asleep type shit, and he would stop guys regularly.

Even Amir Khan's chin is gifted compared to ur average pro in the gym, some of the shots he took from Maidana were killer, he ate some seriously big blows from Canelo, he got up against Danny Garcia's hook and punches that we have seen send people to the shadow realm a few times, all those guys hit ur average pro in the gym and its a 1 minute first round KO.

I do think Malignaggi has a tendency to look at doping as a crutch more because of his own flaw in not having power though - almost a "so thats what it is!" kinda thing.
I agree with this other than Khan having a 'gifted' chin compared to the average pro

I agree with this other than Khan having a 'gifted' chin compared to the average pro

Has Amir Khan ever been knocked out by anyone that is not a true puncher?

He went the distance with Maidana, something 31 some other hadn't been able to do at the time that he did it.

I truly believe it is not his chin as much as it is the punches he gets hit with, he gets timed with ridiculous punches.

A guy with a bad chin would have been knocked out by now by a guy with average power. Instead he gets knocked out by punches that knock out fighters even with great chins. (Erik Morales, Brandon Rios against Danny Garcia) Maidana against almost everyone he fought, Breidis Prescott is a true puncher as well, albeit not on the level of the other 2.

Canelo outweighed him by a ton, and Amir Khan ate some of his best hooks until he got sent to heaven from a monster of a shot he didn't see.

Even looking at his sparring videos, Prime pacman cracked him with some real killer shots aswell & never bothered him too much, back when he was knocking sparring partners out regularly.

He definitely don't got a great chin, lol. I think his glass jaw is a bit exaggerated though.

You saw Floyd and Ward constantly shitting on GGG and now Wilder. Paulie couldn't stop hating on Manny.

Do fighters born without the gift of power tend to be jealous of fighters who are born with that gift? They probably had to work a lot harder to get where they got and overcome their physical limitations.
Idk.. Maybe they just don't rate it

I doubt it. At around the same age Floyd finished 24 out of 39 fights by by TKO, KO or Corner stoppage. That is a 61% and that is pretty darn good. Floyd went from a KO artist early on to a defensive genius that enabled him to box well into his late 30's.

Has Amir Khan ever been knocked out by anyone that is not a true puncher?

He went the distance with Maidana, something 31 some other hadn't been able to do at the time that he did it.

I truly believe it is not his chin as much as it is the punches he gets hit with, he gets timed with ridiculous punches.

A guy with a bad chin would have been knocked out by now by a guy with average power. Instead he gets knocked out by punches that knock out fighters even with great chins. (Erik Morales, Brandon Rios against Danny Garcia) Maidana against almost everyone he fought, Breidis Prescott is a true puncher as well, albeit not on the level of the other 2.

Canelo outweighed him by a ton, and Amir Khan ate some of his best hooks until he got sent to heaven from a monster of a shot he didn't see.

Even looking at his sparring videos, Prime pacman cracked him with some real killer shots aswell & never bothered him too much, back when he was knocking sparring partners out regularly.

He definitely don't got a great chin, lol. I think his glass jaw is a bit exaggerated though.
Yeah the punches that put him to sleep would've done the same to anyone else inthe division. It's the fact that he's been knocked out in some of his biggest fights is why it looks like his chin is porcelin.

Last edited:
Back