FLW Champ Nicco Montano: I don't think PVZ and Valentina can make the weight. They don't deserve it

It's a brand new division, nobody has 'earned' or 'deserves' it (other than herself).Therefore it matters not. Her point is moot.
Well its a brand new division in the ufc but it's not a brand new division.

In fact the entire top 15 in the ufc rankings have fought at 125, includes one invicta champion, an invicta title contender. The fighters ranked two and three in the world at 125 prior to tuf..

So its not really new.. And the vast majority of the fighters have fought multiple times at 125 in other orgs

The exceptions being Davis and carmouche who fought the other night and Lauren murphy

So yes, there are fighters who have earned at least being in contention for the title. Andrea Lee when she is cleared to fight (legacy 125 champion), Jennifer Maia (invicta 125 champion) when she is brought over..

Mma does exist outside the ufc you know

In the audio Nicco comes off as a respectful, humble yet proud person. She mentions laughing at ridiculous comments online since she won the belt. It's worth listening to in full.
Listen to audio in full?

This is sherdog. We pay attention to titles and we like to be morally indignant.

In fact the entire top 15 in the ufc rankings have fought at 125, includes one invicta champion, an invicta title contender. The fighters ranked two and three in the world at 125 prior to tuf..

So its not really new.. And the vast majority of the fighters have fought multiple times at 125 in other orgs

The exceptions being Davis and carmouche who fought the other night and Lauren murphy

So yes, there are fighters who have earned at least being in contention for the title. Andrea Lee when she is cleared to fight (legacy 125 champion), Jennifer Maia (invicta 125 champion) when she is brought over..

People (not you, you are not people :) ) also forget that Montana had a few fights that are not counted, some of which are fairly significant. Her amateur fights, not so much, but during her time on TUF she beat two former Invicta Champs (the #2 seed and the #3 seed), one who was champ at 125 and the other at 135. She beat the #1 seed for the title - a woman has over three times the experience and a great many against larger fighters.

So while she will not remain champ all that long, what the fuck else should she have done to earn the damn title? I do not like TUF, I sure do not like seeing Dana every week, but the short format tournament was about the best way to quickly populate and rank the division. Whatever other method they used, assholes/arseholes would still cry about it.

Shevchenko would kill all 16 of those girls from TUF if she fought them at the same time. Ridiculous.

You acted like an ass to me first but thats ok right ?

& where & when did this occur?

You are not doing well ITT at all.
You came into it attacking & did so with wrong info.

I don't even remember ever typing to you (until now)

Last edited:
What is funny is for those old enough to remember the early days of the internet (I am more than old enough, having used dial up BBS and such) that even in un-moderated places, most discussions were fairly civil, simply because people acted the same way they did in real life. It has taken about a generation for people to turn into the fucking assholes they wish they could be but are afraid to in the real world.

I signed onto AOL 20+ years ago & did the chatroom stuff
It was fun at first.
i think back then, people were looking to chat to find new friends from across the world.
Now its about getting a rise out of people.
But thankfully it is easy to spot who to ignore & focus on the productive members on here & people in general.

It was fun at first.
i think back then, people were looking to chat to find new friends from across the world.
But thankfully it is easy to spot who to ignore & focus on the productive members on here & people in general.

The AOL mass-cd mailings of the mid 1990's was the beginning of the end of intelligent conversation on the internet.

& where & when did this occur?

You are not doing well ITT at all.
You came into it attacking & did so with wrong info.

I don't even remember ever typing to you (until now)
I didnt mean you but he sorry man i cant edit .

I made a comment and he got all douchey an was like if i was talking to you than you would know it or some dumb shit like that & i made a innocent comment .

It was fun at first.
I was on this board when you were eating cheerios and watching pokemon . Ive contributed plenty to this mma board & many others among boxing boards so take you and souls circle jerk and go else wheres .

Ive been a huge fan of this sport since 1999 and love discussing styles tactics and so on , what i dont enjoy is making an innocent comment and have "eater of souls" asshole comment for no reason other than to be a dick and then have your dumb ass "nyfrankie " act like i was being the dickhead in this whole thing when really it was your circle jerk friend .

But if you guys actually wanna talk about the sport lets do it if not piss off mmkay .

I was on this board when you were eating cheerios and watching pokemon . Ive contributed plenty to this mma board & many others among boxing boards so take you and souls circle jerk and go else wheres .

Ive been a huge fan of this sport since 1999 and love discussing styles tactics and so on , what i dont enjoy is making an innocent comment and have "eater of souls" asshole comment for no reason other than to be a dick and then have your dumb ass "nyfrankie " act like i was being the dickhead in this whole thing when really it was your circle jerk friend .

But if you guys actually wanna talk about the sport lets do it if not piss off mmkay .

& you just proved my point(s) & others

Notice who is DOUBLE YELLOW & who isn't

Take care

Nope. The minor leagues don't count baby! This is the UFC. If your AAA baseball team wins their championship does that give them the right to compete in the MLB World Series? Fuuuuuuck no.

Nope. The minor leagues don't count baby! This is the UFC. If your AAA baseball team wins their championship does that give them the right to compete in the MLB World Series? Fuuuuuuck no.
Stupid comparison.

You are comparing a tournament style competition and one that already exists.

If mlb didn't exist (like ufc 125 division) and mlb world under a championship style setup (like ufc) and and they then created mlb from scratch and had an initial champion..

Them yes, future challengers would come from teams that had extensive success at that sport at other levels.

A team that had previously played basketball would not get the first title shot

And you had fought Roxie 5 rounds with a broken foot that had kept you from sparring throughout your camp, and kept you from running for cardio or weight management pre-fight?

Stop believing exaggerated crap

Back