Opinion FMR Secretary of State Tillerson on Trump

ScottE

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
https://www.washingtonpost.com/poli...ned-doesnt-like-read-tries-do-illegal-things/

Some pretty scathing stuff coming from this interview. Not surprising considering Tillerson allegedly use to refer to him as a moron.

It's troubling to have a president with no poltical experience, who has clearly lead a very privileged and sheltered life, likes to go on instinct as opposed to learning about the issues.

Most alarming is his apparent habit of asking for illegal actions to he undertaken only to have to be told no. Begs the question of what occurs once he runs through even remotely competent appointees and really drives into the sycophants. What happens when someone isn't there to tell him what he wants is illegal?

Sounds like Tillerson has a book he wants to sell soon.

We are about to find the answers to those last questions.

from the article
“So often, the president would say, ‘Here’s what I want to do, and here’s how I want to do it,’ " Tillerson said, according to the Houston Chronicle, “and I would have to say to him, ‘Mr. President, I understand what you want to do, but you can’t do it that way. It violates the law.’ ”

I can totally picture this discussion taking place

giphy.gif

Sounds like the president is hated by his Best People ™ for some reason that's a complete mystery since he treats everyone SO well.
How do we know that Tillerson was among his best? We don't know if he did a good job or not.

How do we know that Tillerson was among his best? We don't know if he did a good job or not.

So then you either have the issue of Trump bringing in incompetent people to important government positions or those people were competent hires and their negative views towards Trump have validity.

Neither is a good look for Trump, he can't just write off Tillerson as an incompetent appointee because he was the one that appointed him.

No, Just funny that....
Liberals: Big Oil = Evil, but now Tillerson good because he criticizes Trump.

Trump supporters have reversed direction so many times they've forfeited their right to use this type of argument.

So then you either have the issue of Trump bringing in incompetent people to important government positions or those people were competent hires and their negative views towards Trump have validity.

Neither is a good look for Trump, he can't just write off Tillerson as an incompetent appointee because he was the one that appointed him.
Sounds like you have never run a business and had to fire someone.

No, Just funny that....
Liberals: Big Oil = Evil, but now Tillerson good because he criticizes Trump.
Even you have to realize that makes no sense...I hope.

Big Oil = Evil doesn't have any bearing on Tillerson's role in the White House. He wasn't there as a representative of Big Oil. He was there as a rep of the administration. And now ever accused Tillerson of not being good at his job in Big Oil.

If the man was an effective leader in one place then he's capable of assessing the leadership of others. He didn't comment on the policy choices themselves of the administration. He commented on the method by which they were reached.

I did not need Tillerson to tell me Trump is a Moron. There has been history since the 80's that he is a Moron.
Trump was a rent collector in his 30's for his father. Multiple bankruptcies and if Duestche Bank did not step up when nobody else would loan him money, he would be broke right now.
Trump lucked out that the older brother drank himself to death.

I did not need Tillerson to tell me Trump is a Moron. There has been history since the 80's that he is a Moron.
Trump was a rent collector in his 30's for his father. Multiple bankruptcies and if Duestche Bank did not step up when nobody else would loan him money, he would be broke right now.
Trump lucked out that the older brother drank himself to death.
<{you!}>

Even you have to realize that makes no sense...I hope.

Big Oil = Evil doesn't have any bearing on Tillerson's role in the White House. He wasn't there as a representative of Big Oil. He was there as a rep of the administration. And now ever accused Tillerson of not being good at his job in Big Oil.

If the man was an effective leader in one place then he's capable of assessing the leadership of others. He didn't comment on the policy choices themselves of the administration. He commented on the method by which they were reached.
You can look at it from that angle, but it makes perfect sense when see the debates in here on climate change.

Back