FNG : Vitaly Minakov vs Tony Johnson for the 15 Décember 2017

Sergei-Kharitonov

White Belt
@White
Reaction score
Official Fight - Vitaly Minakov vs Tony Johnson for the 15 Décember 2017 .
-
( Rumored Fight Bellator : Sergei Kharitonov vs Matt Mitrione for the Month of Décember 2017 ) .

Both good fights. Especially the Kharitonov/Mitrione fight if it happens, that shits got just bleed all over it.

Matt - Sergei should be for the belt.

Good fight. Tony Johnson is boring as fuck but I dont think he can outgrapple Minakov.

Mitrione sleeps 2017 Kharitonov.

imagine how pissed would Kongo be if it happens

Fuck Kongo lol. I know he rightfully deserves it based on how many wins he has in Bellator but goddamn he is dreadful to watch

Good fight. Tony Johnson is boring as fuck but I dont think he can outgrapple Minakov.

Mitrione sleeps 2017 Kharitonov.

If Minakov doesn't KO him in the first minutes I think it could turn into Minakov vs Kongo 2
(well, if Minakov actually trains for this fight)

If Minakov doesn't KO him in the first minutes I think it could turn into Minakov vs Kongo 2
(well, if Minakov actually trains for this fight)
Am I the only one who thinks that Minakov looked like he trained and was in a good shape for the Bigfoot fight?

He looked bad against Linderman but I thought he looked outstanding in his 4 previous fight. Like a guy who did not take any chances and took the easiest path to victory.

Am I the only one who thinks that Minakov looked like he trained and was in a good shape for the Bigfoot fight?

He looked bad against Linderman but I thought he looked outstanding in his 4 previous fight. Like a guy who did not take any chances and took the easiest path to victory.

Yeah I'm probably thinking on Linderman's fight
Against Graham he looked chubby too

Just comparing his weight you can see he has gained 10 pounds since his Bellator fights

Yeah I'm probably thinking on Linderman's fight
Against Graham he looked chubby too

Just comparing his weight you can see he has gained 10 pounds since his Bellator fights
I rewatched his fight with Bigfoot.

Sad to say Minakov has the Fedor syndrome. He could take 90% of HWs down and finishe then there easily but somehow he likes to get into sloppy brawls against subpar fighters. His striking defense is not that good but he has a hell of a chin.

Minakov stomps KO's Tony without a doubt.

Sergei is shot, reminds me of Nog in his later career, seems to move like he underwater. Saying that I think he wins by KO. Meathead loves to stand and will be confident given his speed advantage but he is getting cracked. Sergei is still tough and his chin isnt totally shot yet though its not what it used to be. I think he survives long enough to land the KO shot standing. Was only a few years ago Sergei had enough to beat Anderson SIlva (K-1 Anderson) and Jerome Le Banner. Id not back meathead to do the same. My most looked forward to heavyweight fight coming up.

Bellator should hold a proper SF like grandprix and make this tournament official when Fedor and Mir are ready to go. Throw Rampage, Nelson, Meathead, Sergei, Mo and Kongo in. Youd have some fun fights and big names. Lashley on standby as a replacement.

Minakov stomps KO's Tony without a doubt.

Sergei is shot, reminds me of Nog in his later career, seems to move like he underwater. Saying that I think he wins by KO. Meathead loves to stand and will be confident given his speed advantage but he is getting cracked. Sergei is still tough and his chin isnt totally shot yet though its not what it used to be. I think he survives long enough to land the KO shot standing. Was only a few years ago Sergei had enough to beat Anderson SIlva (K-1 Anderson) and Jerome Le Banner. Id not back meathead to do the same. My most looked forward to heavyweight fight coming up.

Bellator should hold a proper SF like grandprix and make this tournament official when Fedor and Mir are ready to go. Throw Rampage, Nelson, Meathead, Sergei, Mo and Kongo in. Youd have some fun fights and big names. Lashley on standby as a replacement.
Great idea. Make it happen Bellator.

Maybe the Matt-Sergei winner versus the winner of a rematch between Kongo-Roy. I think that'd be a fair title fight. Either that or just go ahead and make Justin Wren vs. Roy Nelson and the winner of that fights Matt-Sergei winner for the vacant title.

I think Wren and Nelson had a close fight back on TUF if I remember correctly.. So that would make sense. Also a fairly big named fight to further Wren's career and draw more attention to his admirable cause with the pygmies.

Would love to see this, I cant imagine Bellator is still waiting on Minakov. Give someone a belt and then run a GP with some big names and mostly new faces to get some life in their HW divison.

imagine how pissed would Kongo be if it happens

Fuck Kongo lol. I know he rightfully deserves it based on how many wins he has in Bellator but goddamn he is dreadful to watch

Mitrione beating Fedor is more substantial than anything Kongo has done. IF Fedor could get a win or 2, a rematch with Mitrione for the title would be interesting.

Maybe the Matt-Sergei winner versus the winner of a rematch between Kongo-Roy. I think that'd be a fair title fight. Either that or just go ahead and make Justin Wren vs. Roy Nelson and the winner of that fights Matt-Sergei winner for the vacant title.

I think Wren and Nelson had a close fight back on TUF if I remember correctly.. So that would make sense. Also a fairly big named fight to further Wren's career and draw more attention to his admirable cause with the pygmies.

Not bad, was hoping Wren would be more active it seemed like he was a little while ago though but haven't heard much from him

Ah man, werent they saying they wanted Minakov vs. Sergei just a little while ago? Thats a way better fight.

Ah man, werent they saying they wanted Minakov vs. Sergei just a little while ago? Thats a way better fight.
They are doing it next year.

I think he's pretty entertaining when he lets himself kick. His fights that he kicks regularly in have always been pretty fun (like against Peter Graham and Eric Smith; even the Godbeer fight started getting fun once Kongo started using his legs.) It's like he doesn't kick a lot of the time because he's really worried about getting taken down, though, but his punching game really isn't up to par with his kicks, and he still doesn't try to kick opponents he'd be perfectly safe to, like Augusto Sakai or even Roy Nelson. So in those fights, he'll try to punch and either get rocked or have to resort to clinching and leg-riding his opponents en route to a decision. He has all that Savate experience, but you never see it.
His clinch game's pretty interesting if you're a fan of that part of the sport, though. He's developed a real skill with sneaking his way into getting underhooks from the outside, and he has real good head-control. Not the most exciting stuff, but interesting.

Mitrione beating Fedor is more substantial than anything Kongo has done.

Including beating Mitrione?

I think he's pretty entertaining when he lets himself kick. His fights that he kicks regularly in have always been pretty fun (like against Peter Graham and Eric Smith; even the Godbeer fight started getting fun once Kongo started using his legs.) It's like he doesn't kick a lot of the time because he's really worried about getting taken down, though, but his punching game really isn't up to par with his kicks, and he still doesn't try to kick opponents he'd be perfectly safe to, like Augusto Sakai or even Roy Nelson. So in those fights, he'll try to punch and either get rocked or have to resort to clinching and leg-riding his opponents en route to a decision. He has all that Savate experience, but you never see it.
His clinch game's pretty interesting if you're a fan of that part of the sport, though. He's developed a real skill with sneaking his way into getting underhooks from the outside, and he has real good head-control. Not the most exciting stuff, but interesting.

Including beating Mitrione?

You are right but as a guy that's heart is in the sport of kickboxing. I think he is boring as fuck. No clinching like that in kickboxing lol and with good reason. So that is where I am coming from. I realize that what he is doing is pretty slick considering the rules of the sport. It's always getting him the win. Just in a very drawn out lame way.

Back