Foods you used to hate but learned to love?

Radishes

How can a grown adult dislike onion, by the way? Or are you talking about raw onion? I'm asking seriously - because onion is one of the most basic and common ingredients to flavor food. WTF would you do without onions and garlic?

Tomatoes, seafood, eggplant, tofu, hard cheese, and vinegar.

I would genetically engineer some bacteria or fungus that would completely destroy all onion crops around the world.
tenor.gif

I absolutely love onions.

I used to hate liver. Still do.

Never used to like eggs in any form and now I love them.

Pancakes. I hated them tbh and could never finish a whole one.

Now, I think I’ll go make one in a moment. Mhmm love them thick n fluffy n drenched in maple syrup

Canadian detected!

I came up with my own way to make a platecake. I put the batter on a butter coated plate and cook it in the microwave. No maple syrup!

onions - i didn't like the taste of them, raw or cooked, didn't understand how people can eat them. now i can eat them with offal, meat, potatoes, peas...
garlic - now potatoes go the best with garlic sauce
mustard - didn't like it, especially the spicy one. now i like the spicy one, especially with radish
liver - now it goes great with raw or cooked onions
rice - because in my childwood it was this boiled rice type of food, with vegetables. later, i discovered that fried rice with condiments is quite tasty...
alcohol - found it sour and not-sweet... years later

Couldn’t stand brussels sprouts as a kid. Now i love them. Steam them just a bit then roast them in oven with a pinch of salt.

I can homestly say that there aren’t foods that I won’t eat now. And I’ve tried a lot as i’ve traveled extensively. I haven’t acquired the taste for kimchi yet, but i still eat it in small doses.

Used to hate salt & vinegar chips, somehow they grew on me. I think that’s the only one though

Mayonnaise. Think I tried it once as a kid and decided i didn't like it. Now I could put it with most foods.
Nothing nicer on fries than mayo

Couldn’t stand brussels sprouts as a kid. Now i love them. Steam them just a bit then roast them in oven with a pinch of salt.

I can homestly say that there aren’t foods that I won’t eat now. And I’ve tried a lot as i’ve traveled extensively. I haven’t acquired the taste for kimchi yet, but i still eat it in small doses.
Sprouts are lovely when cooked right. A lot of people just boil them until they are nearly mush.

Mangos and avacados. Now I love them. When I look back I think, "Wtf was wrong with me??" Although, Mango's have a vague sense of smelling like dirty feet, and that was part of the reason I didn't like them. They still smell like that but they taste sooooo good. Put mango on a mans feet, and then what?

Back