football (soccer ) vs MMA...

The Soviet Union? you mean the country that doesn’t exist anymore because they lost the Cold War to us?

They were all roided freaks. AmerIca played free and clean: you even watch rocky 4 bro? Check it out, it’s a documentary.
whatever,these are the facts,juiced or otherwise,its not as if murica's medals were all won clean.

whatever,these are the facts,juiced or otherwise,its not as if murica's medals were all won clean.
All natty bruh. America is GOAT in all sports. We don’t dominate male soccer because that’s a girls’ game. Our girls do win everything in soccer, so all is good.

The United States of America is out of the 2018 Russian World Cup

LMAO

I know this is hard for American sports fans to understand, but the game is exciting even if you are a fan of a bottom to mid tier team like I am - this is because of the possibility of relegation on one hand and the fact that the top 7 can go in to Europe, which is an achievement in itself. The 82-game NBA season is a huge slog if you like the Knicks or Lakers, but my team flirted with European football last year and is at the bottom of the table this year, making every game worth watching because something is at stake (it is painful when they lose, but then suddenly beating the Champions last night to kickstart the season was a huge high). It's not like basketball where you want your team to lose so you can get a top pick, wtf is that about?
who do u support i couldnt guess from that description lol

As an American I absolutely love soccer played when I was the age 4 all the way the way throughout highschool. I just can't get behind American soccer ie MLS and the US team. US men's team has done awful too many times. They are like the little engine that could but sinks like the Titanic.

are you claiming the World Cup has higher level teams then the Champions League ?
<{you!}>

No sir, Real Madrid, Barcelona etc would beat any national team. What I'm saying is the World Cup seems to be a more prestigious trophy for a player to have on their CV.

In saying that, the two best players in the world have not won the World Cup so take it as you will.

Last edited:
Soccer sucks though. Same teams always win. No parity and only a few teams have a chance of winning anything.
Yet , even the reserve players on most Premier League/La Liga teams make more than 90% of MMA fighters..

<GinJuice>

"I've watched UFC a couple of times, but it's so boring. All the guys do is punch at the air like they're trying to fight, but then they just start rolling on the ground and hugging each other. It sucks". Replace UFC with soccer, and that's essentially this thread in a nutshell.

As an American I absolutely love soccer played when I was the age 4 all the way the way throughout highschool. I just can't get behind American soccer ie MLS and the US team. US men's team has done awful too many times. They are like the little engine that could but sinks like the Titanic.

Honestly, I think soccer could (and probably will at some point) become bigger here if the Men's team was actually good. Then there's the issue of how to get them good when we can't pull in legit top athletes. Then there's the fact that most if not all of the youth leagues are pay-to-play essentially, pricing out a lot of immigrant kids that already love the game and have better skills.

I tried to get into american football a while back, its hard not to be at least a little interested given how fantastic their producation quality is. But actually watching the sport was so fucking boring lol. Aside from the fact that there are only 3-4 positions on the field who require any amount of skill, its super lame how the action is constantly interrupted and "plays" only last a few seconds. On top of that I personally find it hard to get into sports in which the athletes arent even a little bit sweaty or winded after a full game.

I'm not at all surprised that american youth unanimously has shifted towards the NBA, even they have started to realize the fabrication of the NFL.

This is like the other end of the spectrum. I see that you didn't grow up watching (so I'm assuming not playing either), so I get how daunting getting into the game can be. To your points, linemen on both sides of the ball takes considerable skill. You don't notice it probably because your eyes are on the ball so you aren't going to see the nuance of what they are doing with blocking schemes, and rushing/blocking techniques. ...and if you asked me what position is usually the best all-around athlete on the field, I'd say Defensive End pretty much every time.

yesterday's game between Liverpool and Manchester United was seen by 900 mill people worldwide. When Barca plays Real Madrid it's seen by over a billion people.

I'm a football (soccer) fan.

Those numbers are total bullshit. 1 in 7 people on the planet are not sitting in front of a tv all at the same time to watch a non WC football game. Its just marketing hyperbole.

I'm a football (soccer) fan.

Those numbers are total bullshit. 1 in 7 people on the planet are not sitting in front of a tv all at the same time to watch a non WC football game. Its just marketing hyperbole.

actually they are close to mark, here in Europe when ever there is some big football game streets are empty....and scary thing is that women are real into it these days ....

actually they are close to mark, here in Europe when ever there is some big football game streets are empty....and scary thing is that women are real into it these days ....

I'm from England, so I am aware of the games mainstream popularity, and you're exaggerating. Only time streets are going to be remotely close to empty is El Clasico (and only in Barca or Madrid obv) or if its the knockout stages of the WC and your country is in it.

"close to the mark"? doubtful. The real number is probably a third of whats claimed, possibly less. I remember reading 2-3 years ago the claim that El Clasico gets 400 million viewers, now its apparently more than doubled all of a sudden and we are claiming a billion plus? puh-lease. As I said i'm a football fan and even I sometimes skip Barca/Real if theres a decent English game on or ive just got something better to do that day. Its all hyperbole.

Back