Footwork discussion

What's with the hatred, it's footwork discussion thread, it's meant for this.

No hate but its not an ironkhan57 footwork discussion. It can be whatever you'd like i guess but if youre making it a competition and plan to fill the thread with your own updated videos why wouldn't you just create a new thread for the competition...i dont know you could even name it Ironkhan57 Dudemanguy footwork competition.

Even spacetime creates new threads for his videos and they are two seconds long.

As far as i understood this is a thread to go over concepts, ideas, some tutorials ect.

side note: the way the whole competition even came together is odd, you took a gif as a challenge. Maybe its not me hating, just your perception of what im saying

No hate but its not an ironkhan57 footwork discussion. It can be whatever you'd like i guess but if youre making it a competition and plan to fill the thread with your own updated videos why wouldn't you just create a new thread for the competition...i dont know you could even name it Ironkhan57 Dudemanguy footwork competition.

Even spacetime creates new threads for his videos and they are two seconds long.

As far as i understood this is a thread to go over concepts, ideas, some tutorials ect.

side note: the way the whole competition even came together is odd, you took a gif as a challenge. Maybe its not me hating, just your perception of what im saying

It was a joke at first but I decided it might be fun lol.

What's with the hatred, it's footwork discussion thread, it's meant for this.
He has a valid point. We can still make it a public thread so the real bruisers can give us pointers though. Give me a couple days I'll put a video up.

He has a valid point. We can still make it a public thread so the real bruisers can give us pointers though. Give me a couple days I'll put a video up.

Just trying to keep it on topic. we have some good stuff in here i wanted to keep that rolling

wasn't trying to hate on you, khan or the comp in any way im sure itll be awesome. Props to you guys for actually doing it to be honest.

Just trying to keep it on topic. we have some good stuff in here i wanted to keep that rolling

wasn't trying to hate on you, khan or the comp in any way im sure itll be awesome. Props to you guys for actually doing it to be honest.

Thanks, but you could still get some advice, from a lot of people on here too depending on how our footwork is people who are experienced can still give advice and you can learn from it. It's a win-win basically.

Thanks, but you could still get some advice, from a lot of people on here too depending on how our footwork is people who are experienced can still give advice and you can learn from it. It's a win-win basically.

Dude i know. I said to make a thread for the purpose of that, not to just delete it all together. The purpose of THIS thread however is not to upload videos of ones self to get advice but to share techniques, concepts, tutorials etc. Hence why spacetime or anyone els just creates a new thread to get advice. It is focused on you and people advising you.

Personally i wouldn't consider it win-win because people giving the advice dont really get anything but alas, no one really came to this thread to see your progression of footwork. just my two cents

Dude i know. I said to make a thread for the purpose of that, not to just delete it all together. The purpose of THIS thread however is not to upload videos of ones self to get advice but to share techniques, concepts, tutorials etc. Hence why spacetime or anyone els just creates a new thread to get advice. It is focused on you and people advising you.

Personally i wouldn't consider it win-win because people giving the advice dont really get anything but alas, no one really came to this thread to see your progression of footwork. just my two cents

Oh ok, @dudeguyman do you want me to make a thread, or do you want to just put the videos in here it's your thread so you decide. Personally I think people can still learn a little to an extent.

Oh ok, @dudeguyman do you want me to make a thread, or do you want to just put the videos in here it's your thread so you decide. Personally I think people can still learn a little to an extent.
He already previously said

Which would be a great idea.

The OP already asked " What do you guys think these guys got right or wrong? Do you have anything to add about what any of these videos cover? Maybe you use a technique in a unique way. I'm hoping this thread can be a good deep look into footwork as we put our minds together."

Im sorry man. No one is coming to see your progression of footwork just make another thread its probably even easier then replying to me...

He already previously said

Which would be a great idea.

The OP already asked " What do you guys think these guys got right or wrong? Do you have anything to add about what any of these videos cover? Maybe you use a technique in a unique way. I'm hoping this thread can be a good deep look into footwork as we put our minds together."

Im sorry man. No one is coming to see your progression of footwork just make another thread its probably even easier then replying to me...
I've created the thread already actually.

No footwork in this video.

Well 2min in he decribes and shows how poping out at a 45 to the weak side of an opponent after a jab can set up a cross or overhand well. I would consider that footwork people could take from the video into sparring. Iv used this a lot myself. Or did you mean something els by "no footwork" in the video?

Edit: Not a big part but its there and the concept behind the "pop" can be used for so many different strikes

Last edited:
So just one move makes this a footwork video?

<45> Take from it or not I truly dont care man. Just put it here because it involved using your feet to set up a follow up strike...and its a video so "footwork video" would apply regardless of moves.

No need to, chance to use some gifs now. <4><BirdieOwn>

I was being facetious. I really think "An alleged scientific discovery has no merit unless it can be explained to a barmaid." to an extent but with MA and specifically striking its really just "movements" in endless sequences.

Ill leave it with this:
"Before I learned martial arts, a punch was just a punch and a kick was just a kick. When I studied martial arts, a punch was no longer just a punch and a kick was no longer just a kick. Now I understand martial arts, and a punch is just a punch and a kick is just a kick."

I was being facetious. I really think "An alleged scientific discovery has no merit unless it can be explained to a barmaid." to an extent but with MA and specifically striking its really just "movements" in endless sequences.

Ill leave it with this:
"Before I learned martial arts, a punch was just a punch and a kick was just a kick. When I studied martial arts, a punch was no longer just a punch and a kick was no longer just a kick. Now I understand martial arts, and a punch is just a punch and a kick is just a kick."

I was being a kid.

Back