For all of you saying MMA is a "D-level sport"

I don't know any baseball fan, nobody cares about baseball in Europe. Also the UEFA still got 25 millions followers, while FIFA didn't even bothered opening an official account. I don't really see the difference though, MMA fans could still like and follow fighters instead of the UFC itself.

since when do you represent europe? lmaoo

5mPi.gif

Soon to be bigger than soccer bitches!

VJZD2lF.jpg

I just think that people don't realize how much of the UFC's popularity is boosted by international markets. The NFL, MLB, NHL or Nascar are huge in North America, but have pretty weak foreign ratings. Even if you look at baseball, which is super popular in Japan and other countries, people might still prefer their own league rather than religiously follow the MLB. On the other hand, people who love MMA are all watching the UFC.

The NBA has a much bigger international following than the NFL.

Thats true. But as you said, the NBA also has a pretty big international audience. I mean its pretty much like the UFC in terms of not having another league that comes close to it, so everybody around the world who enjoys basketball follows it

So, the UFC is......living?

Cristiano Ronaldo alone has 138 millions of followers.

since when do you represent europe? lmaoo

I actually played baseball for a year when I was a kid, after returning form my first trip to America. The lack of options to even train and to buy baseball gears told me a lot about the interest for that sport. Then we moved to another place where there simply was zero team at all. I live in Europe's second most populated country and traveled in most EU countries of various occasions, and I have literally never seen any publicity for a baseball match.

Edit: just checked Wikipedia about the last European baseball championship :

Games played 45
Attendance 30,191 (671 per game)

So yeah, nobody cares.

Wait how does NASCAR have the lowest numbers? White middle America lives for that shit

This shittiest nhl them can't host an arena 40 nights a year, the better ones sell them out ever game

With the worst players making 600k a season

And NHL isn't even popular in the us

Lol at ufc not being d level.

Look, we all love mma and the ufc in particular but let's be real, it's a joke.
Wwe for adults.

It's run like a shambles, the fighters are thick as shit and there is zero to none professionalism across the board.
But they scrap an we all love a good scrap.
Give it another 25yrs an let's see where its at but my guess is, still a very long way behind proper sports.

5mPi.gif

Soon to be bigger than soccer bitches!

MMA fans are basement dwelling cheeto fingered nerds who spend all days spamming Sherdog and creeping social media profiles.

I actually played baseball for a year when I was a kid, after returning form my first trip to America. The lack of options to even train and to buy baseball gears told me a lot about the interest for that sport. Then we moved to another place where there simply was zero team at all. I live in Europe's second most populated country and traveled in most EU countries of various occasions, and I have literally never seen any publicity for a baseball match.

Edit: just checked Wikipedia about the last European baseball championship :

Games played 45
Attendance 30,191 (671 per game)

So yeah, nobody cares.

i dont give a fuck where you were. Im in germany right now and a baseball club is opening here.

gtfo with this shit: "The lack of options to even train and to buy baseball gears told me a lot about the interest for that sport." but yeah, no one gices a fuck about americans sports (nfl/mma/nba/baseball).

the only sport thats really big here is basketball.

I'm just saying these numbers aren't an accurate representation of things since you can just buy followers on sites like Fiverr like a million for $5

Thanks!!! I was thinking about that site and I totally forgot the name when I wanna google it

Back