For Bellator, what is the worst possible outcome of the tournament?

Fahrenheit1221

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
Let's humor the MMA gods and pretend there won't be any injuries or alternates.

Given the current fighters and match-ups what is the worst case scenario?

Bracket A:
- Rampage/Sonnen
- Fedor/Mir

Bracket B:
- Mitrione/Nelson
- Bader/Mo

Nelson/mo worst case scenario, Mo is a 185er and Nelson is a UFC reject

Fedor winning would be best

Sonnen sells fights

Bader a two weight champ would be good

Meathead would make champ being fun to watch

Mir and rampage both legends.

Only Mo or Nelson winning would really suck for them but don’t give either much chance

Realistically...The worst possible outcome in my view is the what will probably happen anyway...

Mir KOs Fedor in about 1 minute after initially getting rocked, Fedor's humiliation continues

Rampage barely beats Sonnen via decision in a horrible fight

Mir wins over a fat and unmotivated Rampage in a horrible fight via decision to win bracket A.

---------------------------------------------------

Nelson Subs Mitrione in an uneventful 1 minute fight

Mo beats Bader in a horrible fight via undeserved decision

Mo gets KO'd by Nelson or it's a horrible fight that ends in decision

Final: Nelson vs Mir II everyone boos, Mir decision.

Fedor's humiliation continues, Bader is exposed by Mo. Mo is exposed to Nelson.

Rampage, Mo, Nelson, Mir and Bader are all kings of horrible fights in recent years. Fedor is close having brain damage and Sonnen weaseled himself into this tournament but will take the first opportunuty to weasel out of it without taking any damage. IMO this tourny's brackets are horrible. Fedor vs Rampage was there for the taking

Rampage/Sonnen - ends up being boring like Rampage-Rashad

Fedor/Mir - Fedor wins, takes that fight outside Bellator against Bigfoot and somehow gets dominated again and either retires or gets injured and exits the tourney

Mitrione/Nelson - I think they'd like Meat more as a champ, but they could work with either one so as long as the fight isn't garbage all is good

Bader/Mo - Bader puts another boring snoozefest like against Davis

Worst case Bader wins the entire thing by boring everyone with uneventful decisions across the board

I guess if Bader wins in boring fashion, despite of being a two division champion, it wouldn't look good for Bellator

Guy would be a LHW winning a HW tournament, his style doesn't bring fans and the cards with him headlining didn't make good numbers

Funny thing is I give him real chances to win the whole thing

Fedor wins his first fight, everyone else gets injured and pulls out of the tournament, and instead we get Jaideep-Fedor 2

Fedor pulls out and someone like Augusto Sakai fills in for him. The tournament happens without Fedor, their most prestigious name.

- Beats Mir to an uneventful, Sakai-special decision
- Sonnen/Rampage are unable to take down Sakai due to size. Sakai is unable to KO Sonpage so it's another decision.
- Final: Nelson/Mitrione can't KO Sakai due to decent chin. Mo/Bader may not be able to Lay N Pray Sakai due to size. I can't see Sakai finishing any of those four. Sakai decisions the fellow finalist.

Sakai wins the Bellator HW championship. He then vacates the title and signs with the UFC. Loses to Marcin Tybura by decision and thus, makes the Bellator HW division look bad.

In 2019, with Kongo/Lashley being aged out of MMA, and all the other guys coming off tournament losses, Bellator resorts to Justin Wren vs James Thompson for the vacant title.

Last edited:
north korea drops a nuclear bomb on the arena.

Realistically...The worst possible outcome in my view is the what will probably happen anyway...

Mir KOs Fedor in about 1 minute after initially getting rocked, Fedor's humiliation continues

Rampage barely beats Sonnen via decision in a horrible fight

Mir wins over a fat and unmotivated Rampage in a horrible fight via decision to win bracket A.

---------------------------------------------------

Mo gets KO'd by Nelson or it's a horrible fight that ends in decision

Final: Nelson vs Mir II everyone boos, Mir decision.

Fedor's humiliation continues, Bader is exposed by Mo. Mo is exposed to Nelson.

Rampage, Mo, Nelson, Mir and Bader are all kings of horrible fights in recent years. Fedor is close having brain damage and Sonnen weaseled himself into this tournament but will take the first opportunuty to weasel out of it without taking any damage. IMO this tourny's brackets are horrible. Fedor vs Rampage was there for the taking

Well than lolllll that really is the worst possible way this could go. Damn lol

The worst possible outcome is that whoever wins it (especially a freshly signed UFC fighter) ends up vacating the HW belt and goes back to the UFC.

Worst: Uneventful fights with nobody watching.

There are no heavyweight prospects in this tournament, so no matter who wins...it's not going to mean much for their future heavyweight division.

The best they can hope for is exciting fights and ratings.

there's so many possible ways of this tournament going wrong hahaha if somehow it ends up being a sucess i'll be surprised tbh

There is only 1 bad scenario for me and that's Phil Davis is a replacement fighter and he fights bader in the final, I'm okay with anything else

You said this would probably happen? Really don't see how a one minute submission is uneventful. I see that fight going the distance. I think Bader be fine. I think he will decision Mo with relative ease.

You said this would probably happen? Really don't see how a one minute submission is uneventful. I see that fight going the distance. I think Bader be fine. I think he will decision Mo with relative ease.

Uneventful because other than the submission there wouldn't be anything in it

Simmilar to Mitrione vs Rothwell

Fat Nelson winning would probably be the least exciting.

The winner failing a drug test and having to vacate the title again.

Back