For Those Upset At Trump Pardoning Joe Arpaio But Not Pardoning Bradley Manning....

Honest Judges don't lean either way. They make rulings based on the Law and keep their Political Bias out of it.
Are you just wildly asserting that the judge was dishonest, only made the ruling because of political bias, and didn't follow the law in doing so? Or do you have evidence?

(also, there are a number of highly regarded judges who have written extensively about how it is acceptable for judges' prior beliefs to enter into legal analysis. I'll add to that by noting that often, a judge is involved because the law is ambiguous and could be interpreted in more than one way.).

Sadly, true.
Like I work in a courthouse and would argue the 4 Judges and 3 Commissioners we have at Superior Court are damn good at what they do for a living.

That said, 2 of the 4 Judges have been Judges for near 15-20 years each and were Commissioners for at minimum 5 years prior to that.

You'd think after near 25 max sitting on the bench they wouldn't be a County Judge anymore. The only way you get those state and Federal Judge positions, from the jaded view of a person that works in the system, is by being the Judge that checks all the boxes for whoever appoints people.

Honest Judges don't get tapped to be federal district court judges either.
Yeah, this is reflexively cynical bullshit. I've worked with a number of federal judges. While many have issues, corruption is almost never one.

Yeah, this is reflexively cynical bullshit. I've worked with a number of federal judges. While many have issues, corruption is almost never one.
Not being honest doesn't mean corrupt from where I am standing dude.

The honest judges that do everything by the book and right down the middle won't make waves. Not making waves means you won't get noticed which means you won't get tapped for the State and Federal level stuff.

I literally asked one of our longest sitting Judges in my county why he has been in his position for near 20 years and isn't at least on a State Appeals court or our State Supreme Court and his exact words were "I never made waves. I admittedly never saw the point to make waves but if you do everything by the book you don't get noticed"

Not being honest doesn't mean corrupt from where I am standing dude.

The honest judges that do everything by the book and right down the middle won't make waves. Not making waves means you won't get noticed which means you won't get tapped for the State and Federal level stuff.

I literally asked one of our longest sitting Judges in my county why he has been in his position for near 20 years and isn't at least on a State Appeals court or our State Supreme Court and his exact words were "I never made waves. I admittedly never saw the point to make waves but if you do everything by the book you don't get noticed"
. . . Federal district court is pretty much the entry-level federal position for judges. You might argue that magistrate judges (or bankruptcy judges) are, but magistrate judges are hired by the local federal judges. It's similar to the county position for state court in that respect. You don't need to make waves to get to the district court level - it's better if you don't, since it makes confirmation easier (Trump had trouble with a recent pair of judges because they had "made waves").

The first judge I worked for started as an attorney in a medium small firm, developed a reputation for excellence and deliberation, was hired to a term as a magistrate judge on the recommendation of the local bar, and then, when the state senators were looking for names to put forward as new district court judges, was suggested to said senators by the other district court judges.

It's not simple stupidity when you're bypassing due process to imprison people you deem illegals within a tent city, surrounded by an electric fence, that reached 141 degrees.

It's not stupidity when your jails have mass amounts of women sleeping in their own menstruation due to your policies.

It's not stupidity when your department routinely, systematically ignores massive amounts of sex crimes, including child rapes.

I wasn't saying it as some kind of defense.

Just I think he's so stupid he didn't realize he was doing anything wrong.

1. Manning's sentence was commuted, she wasn't pardoned.

2. Joe Arapio is a piece of shit, and the law should deal particularly harshly with authority figures/law enforcement who abuse their powers.

3. How do you always manage to be so wrong all the time?

4. I'm glad Manning leaked that information to the public via Assange.

5. I mean, seriously, it's like you're an idiot savant at being an idiot.

6. Giving the American people a glimpse of what our military does in our name is cool by me, using your position as a Sheriff to encroach on human rights and abuse your authority is not cool.

Fuck Sheriff Joe, war Chelsea Manning.

@TheStruggle
Reply #22
1st to just answer the question.

Why?

I want to hear your reasoning now before the MSM writes their opinion for you, why if pardoning Joe Arpaio is bad why did you have no problem with Bradley Manning getting pardoned after 6 counts of Espionage?

OP, I would just like to thank you for using the traitor's proper name and pronoun.

Because one shed light on shitty things the government was doing and the other was the government doing shitty things?

Why do right wingers claim they hate authoritarian communists but hate whistleblowers?

Manning is a sexual deviant; therefore, he is figuratively, and possibly literally, the main stream media's darling.

Right, he also leaked videos of American troops indiscriminately killing civilians.

Not to mention that Obama called Assange's bluff.

I condemn the pardoning of both Bradley and Arpaio. Both broke the law, and both got pardoned for political reasons.

Fuck Manning.

I had the same MOS.
8+ months worth of being told dont share these materials or you'll be busting rocks and making furniture.

Yall have no clue how many documents we signed stating we understood. On top of that he raised his right hand and took that oath.

This dumb mother fucker deserves what he is getting, you pardon him and all hell will break loose from every angsty soldier thinking they are ethically and morally correct.

He aint special. Fuck him

I haven't seen anyone in this forum fall into the category that the OP mentioned.

Just seems like TS is looking to be outraged about something.
Its pretty common with the right wing snow flakes, outraged at everything.

Fuck Manning.

I had the same MOS.
8+ months worth of being told dont share these materials or you'll be busting rocks and making furniture.

Yall have no clue how many documents we signed stating we understood. On top of that he raised his right hand and took that oath.

This dumb mother fucker deserves what he is getting, you pardon him and all hell will break loose from every angsty soldier thinking they are ethically and morally correct.

He aint special. Fuck him
I had the same reaction when I first learned about what she did, although I was a linguist and not an analyst. It still bothered me a lot at the time, especially as Manning didn't seem to take the care to sift through all the information she dumped, making sure nothing that would endanger troops was leaked recklessly.

I don't mind the sentence having been commuted though. 7 years is a long time.

Edit: I'm not condemning your opinion or anything. It's totally understandable.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kilgorevontrouty
Back