Forearm pain while benching

deadshot138

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
So in my quest to find my perfect bench technique, I’ve cleaned up my bar path which has cured the shoulder pinching I was experiencing from my other bench thread. I have since narrowed my grip after watching another Matt Wenning video about using a shoulder width grip on the bench press and making it a tricep dominant exercise rather than chest and front delta. Problem is, I get a lot of crushing pain in the muscles in my forearms in the bottom position, so much so that it makes me lose tightness and almost fail lifts.

That said, I can bench as much with my wider grip as the grip he suggested. The wider grip is just more comfortable on my forearms. When I say wider grip, I mean middle finger on the rings of a Texas Power Bar.

Anyone else experienced this?

Nope, but you might like a neutral hand position on one of them fancy bars with the neutral grips?

Nope, but you might like a neutral hand position on one of them fancy bars with the neutral grips?
I think I fixed it, my grip was TOO narrow, so as the bar touched my chest, there was a weird angle with my forearms that caused a lot of compression of the forearm muscles. Had to find a happy medium.

And also fuck those bars, a Rogue one is like $300 or more I believe

And also fuck those bars, a Rogue one is like $300 or more I believe

Some coach said they were good for his high-school football o line and now I'm sorely tempted.

I'm such a rube.

I put your symptoms into webmd and it looks like you've got brain cancer

do you mean the muscles of your forearm or the tendons?

when I close grip bench I often have to stop because of tennis elbow, which is tendonitis but can feel like forearm pain. IDK. Good luck.

i made a thread about forearm pain but some douchebag loser deleted it.

its ok man there are other forums out there.

hope that "moderator" feels all cool and strong and tough knowing hes trying to fuck over a guy looking for help.

fuck this forum fuck the mods im out.

Bent wrists. Not stretching properly pre workout...there’s a million things that could cause “ pain”

I like wrist wraps for a lot of free weight stuff.. it keeps your carpel from tweaking.

Bent wrists. Not stretching properly pre workout...there’s a million things that could cause “ pain”

I like wrist wraps for a lot of free weight stuff.. it keeps your carpel from tweaking.
For me it may have been a form issue combined with overuse. I started takin rest days when I was scheduled and tweaked my wrist form and bar path and I haven’t had an issue since.

For me it may have been a form issue combined with overuse. I started takin rest days when I was scheduled and tweaked my wrist form and bar path and I haven’t had an issue since.
Yup..More then likely over use...I forgot to mention that in my post.

My wrists will act up if I do certain bar specific work outs back to back .

I minimize this by switching off and on from cables to free weights... I’m actually gravitating to all machine and cable routine with less free weights because of pain,I am 40 so it’s really starting to be a hindrance.

Funny thing is my work outs deal a lot better since doing less free weights

Back