Forget this Christmas s***...

IBeLurkin

I see you've come to this battle of wits unarmed
@Black
Reaction score
I've spent the last 3 hours putting together a "present" for one those gremlins we call children, and I'm not even done yet.

And they're going to wake me up super early too!

Bah fucking humbug, this really fucking sucks

Do you have it worse on Xmas?

You're supposed to let them assemble the legos

Your lack of preparation is lamentable.

I'm just about to get driven to the parents by my wife so I can drink, eat their food and come home before the washing up. I drove her about yesterday to eve parties to get the day off, #winning

Struggling to assemble things =

A. Gay
B. Millenial son of single mother
C. Not a man
D. All of above

Yesterday I assembled bike, toys, and fixed all the broken crap at hosts house. Because I’m a man who was raised by a man.

I've been there.

My daughter's ten and she got a telescope this year.

Pretty sweet. But no clear nights yet! Hoping for first light tomorrow evening

Kids prefer video games.

I remember those days . . .

Merry Christmas suckers!

I've been there.

My daughter's ten and she got a telescope this year.

Pretty sweet. But no clear nights yet! Hoping for first light tomorrow evening

I almost bought a telescope last year. I took astronomy classes in college and we spent some nights on the roof of the Science building with 6 inch Celestrons telescopes and the college had a 12 inch telescope. Of course the best viewing is in cold weather and it was cold on that roof when it was below freezing. It took a while to get a telescope aligned as you needed to know your position, latitude and longitude. Telescopes were expensive in the late 60s and motorized tracking cost as much as the telescope. Going outside on a summer night in Wisconsin means losing a quart of blood to mosquitoes.

I happened to see the Celestron Nexstar 8 SE. Everything is easy these days. It's quick and easy to set up and practically aligns itself with the GPS accessory. You can get a camera and wifi setup to control it from indoors and watch on a television. Many objects are programmed in so you just enter a number.

The college that I went to moved their 12 inch telescope several miles out of town to avoid light pollution and it's connected via cable television fiber optic cable. They can control and view from a building in town without having anyone at the telescope location. They even set it up to record so they don't have to stay up all night.

Struggling to assemble things =

A. Gay
B. Millenial son of single mother
C. Not a man
D. All of above

Yesterday I assembled bike, toys, and fixed all the broken crap at hosts house. Because I’m a man who was raised by a man.
Assembling the bike was no problem, as was stopping my mom's leaking faucet, so yeah....fuck you very much too.

Putting together this vanity that was broken during shipping is a whole different thing, asshole

I almost bought a telescope last year. I took astronomy classes in college and we spent some nights on the roof of the Science building with 6 inch Celestrons telescopes and the college had a 12 inch telescope. Of course the best viewing is in cold weather and it was cold on that roof when it was below freezing. It took a while to get a telescope aligned as you needed to know your position, latitude and longitude. Telescopes were expensive in the late 60s and motorized tracking cost as much as the telescope. Going outside on a summer night in Wisconsin means losing a quart of blood to mosquitoes.

I happened to see the Celestron Nexstar 8 SE. Everything is easy these days. It's quick and easy to set up and practically aligns itself with the GPS accessory. You can get a camera and wifi setup to control it from indoors and watch on a television. Many objects are programmed in so you just enter a number.

The college that I went to moved their 12 inch telescope several miles out of town to avoid light pollution and it's connected via cable television fiber optic cable. They can control and view from a building in town without having anyone at the telescope location. They even set it up to record so they don't have to stay up all night.
Ahhhh. I remember star hopping.
A self guiding, motorized, properly aligned mirror with an input pad is a thing of beauty ; simply firing in coordinates is so easy.

The old way felt like earning it though. I still have my first Coulter Optical 13.1" Dob.
No setting circles, still.
I clearly recall the night I found M13. I'd been bumbling about, scanning, and then it panned slowly into view, and it was breathtaking. A few stars, then more and more, then a glorious multitude, then an enormous glowing ball of stars so big I had to change eyepieces to a wide angle just to get it all into view.

If you but pulled out years ago, youd be opening your own presents instead of theirs.

<31>

Last edited:
No kids, I just walked the dogs around the neighborhood. Got back to the house, made some breakfast (eggs and bacon). Now I just wait until around noon for the wife to get up and we'll exchange gifts, and then go upstairs and for about 7 minutes and have sex.

Ahhhh. I remember star hopping.
A self guiding, motorized, properly aligned mirror with an input pad is a thing of beauty ; simply firing in coordinates is so easy.

The old way felt like earning it though. I still have my first Coulter Optical 13.1" Dob.
No setting circles, still.
I clearly recall the night I found M13. I'd been bumbling about, scanning, and then it panned slowly into view, and it was breathtaking. A few stars, then more and more, then a glorious multitude, then an enormous glowing ball of stars so big I had to change eyepieces to a wide angle just to get it all into view.

Yes, you plan a night to do some stargazing and it would always be cloudy or a cloud would slide by about the time you where close to finding what you wanted to see. By the time the cloud passes, the earth has rotated and you have to start over.

Not saying I have it worse as i'm not a parent but i have shingles and a staph infection, hardly slept the past 3 days and too ill to go to a family dinner. I'm feeling pretty pissed at Christmas too

Back