Former FLW title contender John Moraga is looking for easy fights, "fought top guys for pennies"

Good for him. Not sure why fans are so bent out of shape about guys like Askren making easy money in One FC and shit.

I don't see why people should choose a harder path to money, unless it's about ego.

I dont have a problem with people making money but dont be like Askren and pretend you're the best WW when you haven't fought anyone

Only real leverage he has is that he's the lineal WSOF Flyweight champ. Other than that, I think he would be better off outside the UFC, like most flyweights.

He could challenge Adriano Moraes over at ONE or get into RIZIN's "Fly-ZIN" gimmick once his contract is over.

Fair fucking play
I'm a big fan of this kinda behaviour

I dont have a problem with people making money but dont be like Askren and pretend you're the best WW when you haven't fought anyone
Exactly. Askren always talked how he could beat GSP and whoever else was relevant in the UFC WW mix at the time. He was a big enough name to make good money in the UFC on his first contract. He just chose to face nobodies for mid-level money, when he could have got the same (if not better money) with his first UFC contract and gone on to make a truckload if he backed his talk.

He was in no way the same position Moraga was in. Or someone else like Michael McDonald who had the same complaints.

Exactly. Askren always talked how he could beat GSP and whoever else was relevant in the UFC WW mix at the time. He was a big enough name to make good money in the UFC on his first contract. He just chose to face nobodies for mid-level money, when he could have got the same (if not better money) with his first UFC contract and gone on to make a truckload if he backed his talk.

He was in no way the same position Moraga was in. Or someone else like Michael McDonald who had the same complaints.

It sucks how Michael McDonald was the future of 135, then got hurt, alternated wins and losses and is now in Bellator.

Dude had to take a second job to pay for camps.

http://www.espn.com/mma/story/_/id/...ight-michael-mcdonald-career-remains-hold-mma

That's not true. His offer at onefc was a top contender contract not "midlevel" and all reports lead to that contract offer being better than the ufcs

That's not true. His offer at onefc was a top contender contract not "midlevel" and all reports lead to that contract offer being better than the ufcs
I meant "mid-level" in regards to what he could be making if he were a UFC champ or top contender. not his status as a fighter joining a new org. They don't release Asian purses -- to my knowledge -- but there is no way he was getting more than what he could have been making had he signed with the UFC, won his first fight, and beat the champ (like he was saying he could).

He's no doubt in the top payroll for OneFC, even when he signed. What I'm saying is, that while he might not have gotten the same offer from the UFC before signing with 1FC, he would have gotten a good offer that would have been reasonably close, and he would have no doubt gotten a title shot after one or two wins. He has good management, and they know doubt would have negotiated a championship pay increase clause.

Therefore, if he was able to beat whatever WW champ there was at the time, all he had to do was take a small pay cut in the interim, beat the champ, and make 2, 3, 4x as much being the UFC WW champ.

UFC are tightasses, for sure, but all the champs are getting paid better than anyone in OneFC. No doubt about it.

17k is pathetic money for a guy like that to be paid

So he should act like he’s not the best, kill his selfesteem, pride and confidence, aknowledge someone else is better than him and also kill his marketability?

Seems like a deal!

So this is the "elite level" competition Demetrious is facing? 17k for a TS?????
<mma4>

And he was 2-0 in the UFC with both his fights taking place in the prelims (not on tv, nobody has even arrived at the arena yet).

And he was 2-0 in the UFC with both his fights taking place in the prelims (not on tv, nobody has even arrived at the arena yet).
Exactly. Imagine that 17k was the best pay he ever had, and with that money he has to raise a family for a few months, plus invest in his career.....the truth is he probably needs to borrow money from his coaches even to buy weigh protein. Sad.

So he should act like he’s not the best, kill his selfesteem, pride and confidence, aknowledge someone else is better than him and also kill his marketability?

Seems like a deal!

There's something to be said for humility and restraint

Is Normal. The guy isn't a draw. Even if he goes to Bellator. Better not expect much more.

I'm so glad he sparked out Kadyrov's little puppet.

I'm shocked this isn't brought up more, people care more that Werdum said :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek: than the fact Bibulatov is a personal friend of a murderous warlord.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kilgorevontrouty
Back