Former Marine Arrested on Terror Charge.

excellent OP. would read a

Must have been all that outrage from 49er players kneeling during the anthem.

but he was discharged for "fraudulent enlistment."

Wish they would highlight shit like the above quote when talking about "former" military members.

Lied on his medical, still graduated boot camp.
My point moreso is a fair amount of people hear "former Marine" and their brain subconsciouly jumps to guys like this:

When all he could have been fresh from bootcamp was a damn reporter like Joker from Full Metal Jacket.

I have a great respect for Marines, some of my best friends and coworkers from my last job were Marines, MARSOC, or Recon Battalion. But they even joke about it the old mantra of "Every Marine a rifleman" is horseshit in this day and age and make fun of the POGs that sit at a desk just like Rangers and other high end infantry units make fun of the JAG corps and shit.

My point moreso is a fair amount of people hear "former Marine" and their brain subconsciouly jumps to guys like this:

When all he could have been fresh from bootcamp was a damn reporter like Joker from Full Metal Jacket.

I have a great respect for Marines, some of my best friends and coworkers from my last job were Marines, MARSOC, or Recon Battalion. But they even joke about it the old mantra of "Every Marine a rifleman" is horseshit in this day and age and make fun of the POGs that sit at a desk just like Rangers and other high end infantry units make fun of the JAG corps and shit.

The day you get your EGA you are a Marine.

This is the kind of stuff that drives me crazy:

Oh, was he a Sharp Shooter? That's like super interesting....
Don't MOST people get out of basic with that? My understanding is that is something that sounds fucking incredible Chris Kyle, Carlos Hathcock level precision shooting to laymen but a ton of guys in basic infantry units have it.

motherfucker. i live in san francisco, and go to a few bars up there relatively often.

Don't MOST people get out of basic with that? My understanding is that is something that sounds fucking incredible Chris Kyle, Carlos Hathcock level precision shooting to laymen but a ton of guys in basic infantry units have it.

It's the second highest, of three possible shooting qualifications you can get in the Marine Corps. It means he was an average shooter.

Probably got shit canned inn MCT

That's kind of what I thought. I almost got shitcanned during SOI because I made the mistake of putting something about sleep walking on some form I had to fill out when I went to medical for something.

Back