Elections Former Presidential Candidate Hillary Clinton: The Electoral College "Needs To Be Eliminated"

You are special arent you? The United States works as a whole. Not seperate. If you think Cali or New York could secede you dont really understand how this works. Want to be your own country? Sweet, we will withdraw our military. Want to protect your coast?(you have alot of it) build your own Navy. Get the idea? The United States of America funds all of that for you and if you think you have enough money to do it yourself, go for it. We will laugh our asses off when Russia anal rapes you. Or when you come crawling back for military protection.
Did you think we pay for EVERYTHING with tax revenue? LMAO(edit:typo)
our tech runs all of the militaries weapons. Without us, the rest of America is a third world non nuclear power. we provide the rest of the country with 90% of your produce, without us you starve. When Cali secedes we have Lockheed Martin making our nuclear weapons (they are a CALI company) and control all the tech you use to communicate and if the rest of you bozo red states don't give us what we want, we disable all the tech, including GPS which is managed in Cali and you become one giant pump piece for whichever country decides to come in and make you its bitch, remember, you are Trump country and have pissed off everyone, you have no allies, no money, no tech, no weapons. You are basically Honduras without the cocaine. You will be raped and pillaged and we will laugh while it happens.

While I agree on the points you're making about her character, I meant why you thought that the EC should be abolished? I think it needs to be tweaked from its current state, but the principle of having representation from the states instead of just the major population centers seems pretty reasonable.

I am undecided on this point. I will have to read up on it a lot more.

I am undecided on this point. I will have to read up on it a lot more.
Very well. I was merely responding to this:
It does need to be eliminated. But Hillary is only saying that because she can't get over her loss to Trump....
You are, of course, welcome to hold any viewpoint that you wish. After all, we live in a free country! :) And I am so happy that we do, as it's certainly something that most of us take for granted most of the time. Good day to you, Sir.

I think if a state doesn't have a viable economy and only takes and takes (Most of the southern states) and refuses to improve or get with the times, that it should be expelled from the union.

our tech runs all of the militaries weapons. Without us, the rest of America is a third world non nuclear power. we provide the rest of the country with 90% of your produce, without us you starve. When Cali secedes we have Lockheed Martin making our nuclear weapons (they are a CALI company) and control all the tech you use to communicate and if the rest of you bozo red states don't give us what we want, we disable all the tech, including GPS which is managed in Cali and you become one giant pump piece for whichever country decides to come in and make you its bitch, remember, you are Trump country and have pissed off everyone, you have no allies, no money, no tech, no weapons. You are basically Honduras without the cocaine. You will be raped and pillaged and we will laugh while it happens.

e31.jpg

Seriously, get help. You are either batshit insane or just plain mentally disabled. California would never survive on its own. Hell, you are already being invaded and you are enjoying it. Mexico will rule you before you can ever secede.
As for the military tech, sorry about you but that shit is owned by the U.S.A. Government. We are keeping that shit and all the other military tech, want to know why? We are the worlds largest Superpower with or without you and if you secede(not that you could ever do that anyways) you lose all the benefits of belonging to the number one superpower.
Dont like it? Come at us bro. California vs the U.S.A? LMAO

Btw, we can grow food too jackass, we just let you grow it because you seem intent on using all of your water, your neighbors water, and their neighbors water to feed the rest of us. Thanks bitch.

You are special arent you? The United States works as a whole. Not seperate. If you think Cali or New York could secede you dont really understand how this works. Want to be your own country? Sweet, we will withdraw our military. Want to protect your coast?(you have alot of it) build your own Navy. Get the idea? The United States of America funds all of that for you and if you think you have enough money to do it yourself, go for it. We will laugh our asses off when Russia anal rapes you. Or when you come crawling back for military protection.
Did you think we pay for EVERYTHING with tax revenue? LMAO(edit:typo)
That's all he's got, no matter the thread. It's pathetic, just let him rub one out.

The republic needs to be eliminated does not sound all that great as a campaign slogan.

Very well. I was merely responding to this:

You are, of course, welcome to hold any viewpoint that you wish. After all, we live in a free country! :) And I am so happy that we do, as it's certainly something that most of us take for granted most of the time. Good day to you, Sir.

I guess I lean towards ending the electoral college. This is partially because I don't vote based on what will benefit my state or even myself primarily. None of my friends do either.

I vote for what I think is best for everyone and because of that am less swayed by thoughts about certain states basically controlling our elections were we to go vote for vote.

I also think that getting money out of politics is the biggest issue. We need politicians who are honest educators and enactors of policy and money out would help with that.

Lockheed is based out of Bethesda, MD (HQ) and has locations all over the world.
I'm from California, still have property in California and think that Cali is a great asset to the union. Stop lying. Anybody can debunk EVERYTHING you state if they have a phone.
Shtick is old man...

I guess I lean towards ending the electoral college. This is partially because I don't vote based on what will benefit my state or even myself primarily. None of my friends do either.

I vote for what I think is best for everyone and because of that am less swayed by thoughts about certain states basically controlling our elections were we to go vote for vote.

I also think that getting money out of politics is the biggest issue. We need politicians who are honest educators and enactors of policy and money out would help with that.
If you want what is best for everyone you certainly shouldn't support a pure democracy. Have you ever heard of "Mob Rule"? It never ends well...

Lockheed is based out of Bethesda, MD (HQ) and has locations all over the world.
I'm from California, still have property in California and think that Cali is a great asset to the union. Stop lying. Anybody can debunk EVERYTHING you state if they have a phone.
Shtick is old man...
you probably live in Fresno or something. That isn't real California.

I don't live in California now. Property in Palm Springs... Where I grew up..
lol, the elderly gay man capital of the world. Also not the real California. Its basically Florida.

If you want what is best for everyone you certainly shouldn't support a pure democracy. Have you ever heard of "Mob Rule"? It never ends well...

I am more optimistic than that.

As it is money in politics and corporate owned Republicans managed to suck the Dems down in the same way that steroid users have sucked would be honest athletes onto their hole in the ground.

I trust 1 person 1 vote WAY more than corporate owned politics which is basically 1% deciding on most every issue and politicians being paid to sell shit sandwiches to voters.

This is an interesting thing, one that I've never understood. I apply the following logic: I vote for what's good for me and the people in my immediate circle with whom I share a common interest (my wife, coworkers, friends, etc). I pretty much expect everyone to do the same, and when the votes are counted, we determine what's best for the most people and move in that general direction. Otherwise, reconciling all the competing interests becomes nigh impossible on the individual level.

Money in politics is certainly something that most of us don't care for. I'd like to see a spending cap put on elections more than I'd like to see contributions capped. As much as I'd like to see otherwise, when I looked at Citizens United, I have to begrudgingly agree with the SCOTUS. It certainly seems like a free speech thing, so the way around that is to cap spending, reducing the demand for fund raising instead of going after the supply.

I am more optimistic than that.

As it is money in politics and corporate owned Republicans managed to suck the Dems down in the same way that steroid users have sucked would be honest athletes onto their hole in the ground.

I trust 1 person 1 vote WAY more than corporate owned politics which is basically 1% deciding on most every issue and politicians being paid to sell shit sandwiches to voters.

I don't like corporate run politics either... The rest of your post is is idiotic blather. Are you really blaming the republicans for how the Dems do business? Come the fuck on, man.
BTW, anyone can start a corporation for less than $700.00 US.

upload_2018-7-19_13-29-23.jpeg

I don't like corporate run politics either... The rest of your post is is idiotic blather. Are you really blaming the republicans for how the Dems do business? Come the fuck on, man.
BTW, anyone can start a corporation for less than $700.00 US.

View attachment 408859

Let's be civil shall we?

Republicans were just naturally easier to rope into cooperate corruption because they were already tied to big bussinss. Democrats used to be less suseptible to this because once upon a time time were the party of the blue collar worker.

Dems saw how easy it was to raise money serving corporate money and began to migrate that direction. Then as the Dems shifted further towards bribery the right also shifted towards bribery and now we are not really a democracy anymore.

Back