former UFC champion Lyoto Machida rumored to be in talks with Bellator

Should Lyoto Machida leave UFC to Bellator?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Would be funny is Machida and TRTor rematched immediately so we could see how much of Belfort's performance can still be augmented with PEDs.

Bellator needs Machida more than UFC needs Machida, imo. I'd love to see what fighters actually make vs what is reported to get a better understanding of how the business works with managent fees, gym costs, etc.

What ever he decides... I wish him the best...

He just scored the most beautiful knockout of his career against another legend of the sport at 40 years old. Now would be the perfect time for him to hang them up and retire with dignity.
Nah, go to Bellator for 2-4 fights and make big bank with the sponsors.

He just scored the most beautiful knockout of his career against another legend of the sport at 40 years old. Now would be the perfect time for him to hang them up and retire with dignity.
Or go to bellator... lol

He might as well. He’s never going to sniff a belt in the UFC so he might as well go where there is less difficult competition, especially if he’s gonna make more money.

His clock is ticking down and he deserves to cash out as much as possible. No need to be a stepping stone for the young killers coming up in the UFC

Machida vs Mousasi 2 would be cool

Also plenty of intriguing LHW matchups
Machida vs Sonnen, Davis/Bader rematches

Even legends deserve some respect, happy for Machida fighting for Bellator now.

Rory vs Machida
MVP vs Machida
Schlemenko vs Machida
Manhoef vs Machida

Id watch some fun fights even though I cant stand Machidas fighting style. You need dudes that bring it to him.
GTFO with that Schlemenko shit, dude doesn't rate...

Last edited:
Damn.. At this stage I don't know if Lyoto could hang in Bellators LHW or MW division despite having victories over the two champions.

Got completely robbed against their second best LHW, Phil Davis, as well.

Davis probably beats him now though.

This.

I say go for it....... He'll never sniff a title shot in UFC again but in Bellator, it would be pretty soon .

No one retires from this sport with their dignity.

Who are you to tell a legend what he should or shouldn’t do?

Back