Former ufc fighter Pat Barry Ko'd and UNCONSCIOUS for 5 minutes

Surprised that he was a successful kickboxer. He always looks so sloppy out there (MMA)
The only decent Kickboxers that he fought were Freddy Kemayo and Zabit Samedov and he lost to both. Don't let the Rogan hype fool you. He was never a successful Kickboxer...

This thread is full of so much stupidity it is hard to stomache.

What could Barry coach? Really?
Pat doesn't have kickboxing skills? Really?

Barry is a warrior and I like the guy. I get that he's no world-beater as he appears go be on the decline big time. No need to discredit anyone though, fighters fight, and guys like Barry deserve much appreciation.

Guys that read Jack Slack articles and suddenly become striking experts are such a cancer.

The only decent Kickboxers that he fought were Freddy Kemayo and Zabit Samedov and he lost to both. Don't let the Rogan hype fool you. He was never a successful Kickboxer...

He also had three fights against Aleksandr Pitchkounov, who was decent at that time, but lost two fights against him, only one fight being a draw. In the last one he took a beating.

K well guess what, smart ass. This is not a kickboxing forum. In fact, sherdog has one of those, which I specifically avoided. Thanks for the advice though.

Do you have to log into sherdog every day? Stay away from it if u don't want spoilers.

You have an ex UFC guy on the card, there's a reasonable chance it will come up.

Surprised that he was a successful kickboxer. He always looks so sloppy out there (MMA)

and the gif looks like he got ko'd with a leaping left uppercut while the guys feet weren't even planted.

he wasn't that succesfull at all

I'm so glad I can record a kickboxing card, then come on a UFC forum without finding out the results. Awesome.

Maybe deal with your fucking addiction to forums, then. Was it really so fucking inconceivable that you would hear about what happened in Pat Barry's fight, given that's a former UFC fighter? The obvious answer here is no, no it isn't.

This thread is full of so much stupidity it is hard to stomache.

What could Barry coach? Really?
Pat doesn't have kickboxing skills? Really?

Barry is a warrior and I like the guy. I get that he's no world-beater as he appears go be on the decline big time. No need to discredit anyone though, fighters fight, and guys like Barry deserve much appreciation.

Guys that read Jack Slack articles and suddenly become striking experts are such a cancer.

You seem butthurt. In order to coach you have to have fight IQ. We are talking about a guy who mounted lavar johnson and instead of bashing his skull in he went to side control and tried to get an americana...

You seem butthurt. In order to coach you have to have fight IQ. We are talking about a guy who mounted lavar johnson and instead of bashing his skull in he went to side control and tried to get an americana...

i can't think of any other fighter that thrown so many fights ,destroying Cro cop,Kongo,Struve ,Lavar just to do some stupid shit and lose.

He should have be fighting at 205. He is a small guy and is fighting legit HWs... fuck

Last night he fought someone who was 97 Kilos, which is 2 kilos off the LHW limit. Guys at LHW have power too, his glass chin isn't safe no matter where he fights.

i can't think of any other fighter that thrown so many fights ,destroying Cro cop,Kongo,Struve ,Lavar just to do some stupid shit and lose.

That's not true.

First off he wasn't destroying Struve. Actually struve started to win even the stand up.

Actually Lavar dominated that fight. He has the better and more powerful punches. I don't now what fight have you watched.

He beat cro cop in round 1. He lost round 2 and was losing round 3. I think he broke his hand in this fight, but shit happens.

He was winning only Kongo's fight.

He never was a great fighter.

I think Barry was looking good. His kicks looked great, jsut didn't have the effect yet he needed to have. That was a punch you rarely see from that distance. Stylewise this was not a good fight for him as he was facing a pretty good boxer and Barry doesn't have the skills to deal with guys these hands.

Really low fighting IQ and no chin, just bad combo.

Except pat Barry was getting ko'ed standing in MMA also so yea K1 striking is still a myth

That's his point. When joe rogan calls somebody like pay Barry or Fabriano Maldonado a world class striker then they get beat everyone loses their shit with "omg k1 level strikers suck". But just because someone had a kickboxing record does not mean they were a great kickboxer. Pay Barry is not a good kickboxer so beating him doesn't disprove the statement that the best strikers are in striking only sports.

How was he unconcious when he moved his legs and arms after the ref stopped it.

How can you have been following combat sports since 2007, without having seen a fighter doing the st. vitus dance after getting ko'd? It's involuntary muscle movement. Happens without conscious signals being sent from the brain to the limbs.

And if he went for ground and pound and Lavar got an underhook and quickly got up, you all would be saying "why didn't he try to submit him does he not know one submission"?!?

It's easy to point out mistakes and act like we know better. Just like when Nog got submitted by Mir. Everyone on Sherdog all of a sudden was an expert and knew that that was a dumb move.

That's his point. When joe rogan calls somebody like pay Barry or Fabriano Maldonado a world class striker then they get beat everyone loses their shit with "omg k1 level strikers suck". But just because someone had a kickboxing record does not mean they were a great kickboxer. Pay Barry is not a good kickboxer so beating him doesn't disprove the statement that the best strikers are in striking only sports.

This. And realize that striking in mma is different with threat of takedowns and submissions. Just because someone gets KO'd in mma by a lesser guy doesn't mean they suck at striking.

Y'all really think Cain would destroy JDS like he did if it were a kickboxing match?

Back