Fortnite (incl Battle Royale) thread ***UPDATE: Released on Android***

I watch it a lot, but haven't even played it yet. Will probably get rekt, but might still give it a try...

New world record for squad kills:

Did anyone see this fan suggestion for bringing consoles closer to PCs for build edits? Video was posted on November 8th. Timestamped:

Did anyone see this fan suggestion for bringing consoles closer to PCs for build edits? Video was posted on November 8th. Timestamped:

They do need to fix the building edit controls on console. It's not the easiest thing to do while being shot at. Xbox now allows keyboard and mouse. A few games allow it at the moment, like Fortnite. They've now made it so if you have at least one person on your squad that's using a keyboard/mouse, then the squad gets put in with other PC players and mixed squads.

It's pretty cool how they've allowed all the major platforms to play together! Even Sony caved in.

Did anyone see this fan suggestion for bringing consoles closer to PCs for build edits?

Doesnt go far enough. Microsoft/Sony need to remove the directional analog movement buttons above the left analog stick and replace it with a touchpad.

They do need to fix the building edit controls on console. It's not the easiest thing to do while being shot at. Xbox now allows keyboard and mouse. A few games allow it at the moment, like Fortnite. They've now made it so if you have at least one person on your squad that's using a keyboard/mouse, then the squad gets put in with other PC players and mixed squads.

It's pretty cool how they've allowed all the major platforms to play together! Even Sony caved in.
Yeah, I saw the Xbox added that support, but that they separated cross-platform matchups between PC and Console according to input. Kane here made a thread about it.

I watch it a lot, but haven't even played it yet. Will probably get rekt, but might still give it a try...
Dont under estimate the number of seven year old that play this game, if you have played a FPS at a decently high level before you will automatically be okay at this game, the building takes a little while to get down but the skill ceiling on building/editing is quite high and is a rewarding experience to learn imo

Dont under estimate the number of seven year old that play this game, if you have played a FPS at a decently high level before you will automatically be okay at this game, the building takes a little while to get down but the skill ceiling on building/editing is quite high and is a rewarding experience to learn imo
I've only played 3rd person shooter multiplayer games, and hardly at all. But thanks.

I still can't find the appeal in Fortnite...

My crystal ball says you have never played it
What if I told you I have played 20 hours? What kind of smug remark would you have then?

However, your crystal ball is accurate :D I don't like 3rd person shooters, I don't like Fortnite's building mechanics, I don't like the aesthetic of the game, and I'm not a huge fan of battle royale games(I have played several). Hence, I don't see the appeal. I do appreciate that Epic has put forth a lot of effort to constantly update the BR side, but kind of humorous that they completely abandoned the actual Fortnite part of the game.

Is Fortnite still purchasable, or did it go F2P as well?

What if I told you I have played 20 hours? What kind of smug remark would you have then?

However, your crystal ball is accurate :D I don't like 3rd person shooters, I don't like Fortnite's building mechanics, I don't like the aesthetic of the game, and I'm not a huge fan of battle royale games(I have played several). Hence, I don't see the appeal. I do appreciate that Epic has put forth a lot of effort to constantly update the BR side, but kind of humorous that they completely abandoned the actual Fortnite part of the game.

lol

I think the PvE original is still like 20$, the BR is free. Fortnite is the best BR because it avoids the hide and seek meta that other BR games are based around. The building lets you roam and engage and has a strategic element that makes its replay-ability really high. I played COD4 blackout for a bit and it's just too repetitive for my taste, although the sniping is really nice if you are into that. Playing random squads in fortnite is very fun, the community is really diverse even if it is riddled with children.

lol

I think the PvE original is still like 20$, the BR is free. Fortnite is the best BR because it avoids the hide and seek meta that other BR games are based around. The building lets you roam and engage and has a strategic element that makes its replay-ability really high. I played COD4 blackout for a bit and it's just too repetitive for my taste, although the sniping is really nice if you are into that. Playing random squads in fortnite is very fun, the community is really diverse even if it is riddled with children.
I actually play and enjoy one Battle Royale game at the moment. But it isn't a shooter. It's called Battlerite Royale and is really fun and well made. It's more MMO inspired, with skill shot and cooldown based combat. 30 people on the map, matches are fast paced and full of action from the moment you land.

Before it's official release, I put in over a hundred hours into PUBG. I'll probably never even purchase BLOPS4, and highly doubt I'd ever install Fortnite UNLESS I had buddies playing the game that wanted to squad up. In that case I'd probably give it a shot, and may even enjoy it. I'm just mostly not a fan of 3rd person shooters and the battle royale format, for the most part.

I actually play and enjoy one Battle Royale game at the moment. But it isn't a shooter. It's called Battlerite Royale and is really fun and well made. It's more MMO inspired, with skill shot and cooldown based combat. 30 people on the map, matches are fast paced and full of action from the moment you land.

Before it's official release, I put in over a hundred hours into PUBG. I'll probably never even purchase BLOPS4, and highly doubt I'd ever install Fortnite UNLESS I had buddies playing the game that wanted to squad up. In that case I'd probably give it a shot, and may even enjoy it. I'm just mostly not a fan of 3rd person shooters and the battle royale format, for the most part.
For sure, I'm on PS4 not PC so that affects my pool of choices in a limiting fashion. You'd be surprised how quick you make friends on fortnite people are chill af on there tbh, like I said one of the best communities imo, but I'm really outspoken on the mic and I love chatting people up.

I played the arena game battlerite is based on when I used to be in the PC gaming scene. I fucking loved the fatass with the bugs he was a hybrid healer/DPS. I bet that game is fun as hell.

Never played pubg but blackout is just souped up pubg and like I said the meta is way too repetitive, but that's COD in general I guess.

For sure, I'm on PS4 not PC so that affects my pool of choices in a limiting fashion. You'd be surprised how quick you make friends on fortnite people are chill af on there tbh, like I said one of the best communities imo, but I'm really outspoken on the mic and I love chatting people up.

I played the arena game battlerite is based on when I used to be in the PC gaming scene. I fucking loved the fatass with the bugs he was a hybrid healer/DPS. I be trying that game is fun as hell.

Never played pubg but blackout is just souped up pubg and like I said the meta is way too repetitive, but that's COD in general I guess.
One thing that can rope me into a multiplayer game is a tight knit community, so it's rad that FN has that.

I've only played a little bit of BR Arena, but I've been hopping in more often to practice my PVP skills exclusively. If you enjoyed arena you'd probably like BRR, tbh. Pestilus, he is fucking SUPER OP in the right hands(aka, not mine) lol. Great hero concepts and mechanics in Battlerite, I love it.

Yeah, I doubt I'll ever buy another COD game TBH hah. Even if I did get BLOPS4, I wouldn't really play the blackout mode, I prefer classic multiplayer style matches.

BR is still free.

Stw isnt yet.

Dude legit just give it a try and have a laugh.

Its fun as shit lmao, if you can get a few mates on you'll have some moments.

The first Fortnite World Cup with $100 million in prize money is happening in 2019
Hadn't seen the above posted.

I happen to be spectating Tfue right now, and his squad has been holding this high ground for a solid 5+ minutes, taking fire from all sides, when someone just sniped his squadmate as they got bored and started dicking around, and this ensued, LOL:

And people don't understand why Twitch is gaining so much momentum. C'mon. Gaming is so much goddamn silly fun.

Thats not the important news from Epic Games. For its them trying to burn through some of their income to keep the game relevant towards elementary and middle schoolers as they age. Its more of an indication to the absurd amount of money FortniteBR is making. Since a BR game as a esport has never been self sufficient. Game mode is far to chaotic from a live viewers perspective. Would require taping with heavy editing by production for a somewhat coherent broadcast. H1Z1 and PUBG had these exact same problems.**PUBG's viewership numbers halved per esports event. It was only when they did events involving streamers(not Pro players) that they pulled in equal viewers.

Big news is Epic Games announcing the release of their own online game distribution service. Thats where the true investment is occurring.

Back