Fortnite (incl Battle Royale) thread ***UPDATE: Released on Android***

The first Fortnite World Cup with $100 million in prize money is happening in 2019
Hadn't seen the above posted.

I happen to be spectating Tfue right now, and his squad has been holding this high ground for a solid 5+ minutes, taking fire from all sides, when someone just sniped his squadmate as they got bored and started dicking around, and this ensued, LOL:

And people don't understand why Twitch is gaining so much momentum. C'mon. Gaming is so much goddamn silly fun.

That was fucking sick. Tfue, tim, and nickmercs are always a good watch. So is daquan. I can't watch ninja for more than 30 seconds before i have to mute him.

My kid woke me up to show me the season 7 video, along with the new "skins" and planes. Looks like they did a nice job, and are putting some of that money to good use.

Also, forgot the "e" in the word before battle royal lol

'Ninja,' the Fortnite streamer who's one of video gaming's biggest stars
181224144529-ninja-playing-fortnite-exlarge-169.jpg

Ninja earned $10m this year streaming ($830K/month). Trending up hard since last year when he reported $600K/month, I believe.

Gaming is the future. pro sports will die. Especially NFL
A hard body never goes out of style.

Pro sports aren't going anywhere. The ones with unacceptably high rates of head trauma will be usurped by other physical sports.

It will have a negative impact on traditional sports viewership among younger demographic viewers. Unrealistic to say 'it will kill traditional sports'. One entertainment industry to keep an eye on would be WWE. Seeing if personality streamers can acquire and retain viewers from a scheduled entertainment broadcast that involves physical activity.

you don't know that for sure.

Making this assertion is equivalent to Dana White saying the UFC would be bigger than soccer in ten years.

It will have a negative impact on traditional sports viewership among younger demographic viewers. Unrealistic to say 'it will kill traditional sports'. One entertainment industry to keep an eye on would be WWE. Seeing if personality streamers can acquire and retain viewers from a scheduled entertainment broadcast that involves physical activity.

Making this assertion is equivalent to Dana White saying the UFC would be bigger than soccer in ten years.
no because Gaming is a multi billion doll industry and growing. Bigger than the film industry.

UFC let CM punk fight

no because Gaming is a multi billion doll industry and growing. Bigger than the film industry.

Differences exist in gaming from televised sports. Streamers attract viewers because of their personalities not their capabilities in-game. An when it comes to Esports only three games exist in the space that can potentially rival traditional sports. Those three Esports titles havent stagnanted in growth, they just havent grown at the same rate as 2016 and 2017 produced. While aspiring game titles who push an Esport element have crashed and burned or been relegated to one high profile event a year for they arent Esports worthy.

Pro sports aren't going anywhere. The ones with unacceptably high rates of head trauma will be usurped by other physical sports.

There is and always will be a market for physical violence.

Even staged theatrical violence (pro wrestling)

Humans want this

All Hail JUST BLEED God

<{JustBleed}>

It’s a fun game to watch the derps panic build only for me to kill them anyway via shooting their flooring out or coming up behind them.

Lol floating around with 2 balloons shooting people in the face as they try to build/jump-shoot me

Love me dem balloons boy

Honestly feel so sorry for anybody that plays / watches Fortnite.

Unless you're 15 years of age or younger, you have no excuse to be doing this and you should keep it to yourself.

I played it when it first came out, didn't enjoy it.. then enjoyed it quite a bit... then got very bored.

I can't believe this game got as huge as it did. The fall off of this game will be hard, but I'm apparently quite out of touch so what do I know. It just doesn't seem sustainable.

its been on top for awhile.. its fun to play drunk with friends... they are adding to much imo... so easy to beat the storm now ... dislike getting messed up by planes

Honestly feel so sorry for anybody that plays / watches Fortnite.

Unless you're 15 years of age or younger, you have no excuse to be doing this and you should keep it to yourself.
Oh bs.. The game is rated T, and quite frankly kids under 12 shouldn't be playing as much as they are.

That said I think it's funny they gave trog a nice ass.

My kid knows Demetrious Johnson from gaming, not from MMA.

Played for the first time in a few months and I have no idea how anyone could play blackout and come back to this.

Back