Fortnite (incl Battle Royale) thread ***UPDATE: Released on Android***

Glad you agree. I never said it was spectacular.

And as far as the "scraps I was afforded", I own PUBG so...yeah. I can talk. PUBG IS great. And FBR is still good. Mediocre good, slightly-less-than-great good, A little better than bad good, whatever you choose to define it as, it's good.

You're awfully affected by people's opinions, aren't you? There's no need to go into some long tirade about things. Just accept people like things you don't. Let it go, man.
I "agree" in the sense that it's "good" according to that incredibly low bar. I don't think 72% MC scores generally reflect "good" games. Due to the weighted nature of the scoring, that actually qualifies in the bottom 50% of rated games: meaning it is literally "subpar".

PUBG is great. Fortnite isn't.

You're equally affected by my opinion, clearly, snowflake. Don't play cards that can be flipped upside down.

I'm sure it's "good" in the Metacritic 72% kind of way. Mediocre good.

PUBG is great. That's why it's breaking records and inspiring copycats. That's how the industry works.

But don't lie to yourself. You're playing a game mode that didn't even go into development until after PUBG existed-- they themselves admitted this. It's that low-rent ripoff cover at Blockbuster video. That's what you're playing. Glad you're able to content yourself with the scraps that were afforded you.

Sony ain't winning every time out.
That's hardly fair. PUBG is a rip off of King of the Kill which a rip off of the Arma mod. It's not like PUBG was an original idea, it's just been the best executed version of the idea so far.

That's hardly fair. PUBG is a rip off of King of the Kill which a rip off of the Arma mod. It's not like PUBG was an original idea, it's just been the best executed version of the idea so far.
Exactly the point.

downloading now, love PUBG, but it doesnt take in the full power of my big sexy gaming PC

downloading now, love PUBG, but it doesnt take in the full power of my big sexy gaming PC
Still, it's a pretty goddamn demanding game to be having this kind of success. That's what makes this all the more incredible.

Look at the most popular PC games in the world and on Steam:
  • League of Legends
  • World of Tanks
  • Minecraft
  • World of Warcraft: Legion
  • Dota 2
  • CS:GO
  • Rocket League

MINIMUM SPECS

Of these WoW has the most demanding minimum specs by a considerable margin (and it's behind a pay wall):
  • OS: Windows XP/Windows Vista/Windows 7/Windows 8/Windows 10 with latest service pack
  • CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo E8500 or AMD Phenom II X3 720
  • GPU: Nvidia GeForce GT 440 or AMD Radeon HD 5670 or Intel HD Graphics 5000
  • RAM: 2 GB
  • DirectX: Version 9
Compare the minimum required specs for PUBG:
  • CPU: Intel Core i3-4340 / AMD FX-6300
  • GPU: Nvidia GeForce GTX 660 2GB / AMD Radeon HD 7850 2GB
  • RAM: 6 GB RAM
  • DirectX: Version 11

You can essentially play any of these other games on almost any mediocre decade-old computer. PUBG actually requires a respectable mid-level build that is 5-years-old or younger.

The pool of potential players is utterly dwarfed by these other games, and yet PUBG is hanging with all of them but LOL.

Dumbest thing about this game is when you down someone they are invulnerable for like 5 seconds

Still, it's a pretty goddamn demanding game to be having this kind of success. That's what makes this all the more incredible.

Look at the most popular PC games in the world and on Steam:
  • League of Legends
  • World of Tanks
  • Minecraft
  • World of Warcraft: Legion
  • Dota 2
  • CS:GO
  • Rocket League

MINIMUM SPECS

Of these WoW has the most demanding minimum specs by a considerable margin (and it's behind a pay wall):
  • OS: Windows XP/Windows Vista/Windows 7/Windows 8/Windows 10 with latest service pack
  • CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo E8500 or AMD Phenom II X3 720
  • GPU: Nvidia GeForce GT 440 or AMD Radeon HD 5670 or Intel HD Graphics 5000
  • RAM: 2 GB
  • DirectX: Version 9
Compare the minimum required specs for PUBG:
  • CPU: Intel Core i3-4340 / AMD FX-6300
  • GPU: Nvidia GeForce GTX 660 2GB / AMD Radeon HD 7850 2GB
  • RAM: 6 GB RAM
  • DirectX: Version 11

You can essentially play any of these other games on almost any mediocre decade-old computer. PUBG actually requires a respectable mid-level build that is 5-years-old or younger.

The pool of potential players is utterly dwarfed by these other games, and yet PUBG is hanging with all of them but LOL.
PUBG, and games like DayZ and Arma, are poorly optimized for any system(I have a highesh end PC and constantly get fps drops to 10, barely maintain 50fps, game constantly crashes, servers lag, server maintenance at peak hours, etc). If Blue Hole would get their shit together and relaunch PUBG as a bug-free title it would blow its own numbers out of the water.

I still cannot believe this game has risen to these levels despite being just a moderate upgrade to H1Z1(only ~150,000 most unique players). But it's only up from here for this genre which could define a generation. I fully expect 2018 COD(and similar games) to have a battle royale due to the insane popularity.

Exactly the point.

It's crazy that PUBG reached a seemingly magic threshold of being good enough to attract all of the players who were on the fence--and it turns out that number of players was fucking massive. H1Z1 team has to be kicking themselves to literally miss out on millions of players with just a couple updates.

But don't lie to yourself. You're playing a game mode that didn't even go into development until after PUBG existed-- they themselves admitted this. It's that low-rent ripoff cover at Blockbuster video. That's what you're playing. Glad you're able to content yourself with the scraps that were afforded you.

Jesus why so douchey about someone liking a different video game than you?

PUBG is slow and boring as hell. FN pacing and building is awesome.

You didn't even make a single legitimate criticism of the game. When it came out, whatever you are talking about with metacritic, and the fact that PUBG is breaking records are not good reasons as to why a different game can't even be classified as "good."

FN legitimately does a few things better than PUBG.

PUBG's update progress is also coming along slow as fuck despite all that money they are making.

There is room for plenty of Battle Royale's. Shitting on ones trying something different is lame tbh.

PUBG could learn a thing or two from the "scraps that FN is affording" to it's plebeian playerbase.

You guys

Get the bare minimum founder's pack for xbox one Fortnite, i'm f*ckin confused by the sheer loot showering

Collect Halloween Llamas that will most definitely go extinct within a few weeks

Fortnite%2Fblog%2Fthe-fortnitemares-update-coming-next-week%2FHalloween_Line-up_2017_2-4-3240x2800-dc1f527d7bbf57ef8006dd04515fa0b70e217ec9.jpg

Because they are solid high level drops

The card collecting value system is massive and specialized for everything from gun schematics to human base defenders to scouting parties and playable characters, it makes the Halloween drops ten times more stacked than the long grind v bux upgrade llamas (which can be earned in game, but with way more challenge reqs)

6qMJvGi.jpg

Basically the halloween specials are worth the story mode buy

End of rant

Anyone else playing PVE and digging the loot?

I am tempted to buy the PVE

I was 200% thinking the story mode PVE was going to be about as deep as a potato, but with the sheer amount of firepower and traps and resources you burn through on high level missions, earning loot drops is fun as hell and worth grinding just about any mission for

Been waiting to try it out but takes too long to join a match.

I have a ? about wireless controller for xb1.

My controller keeps disconnecting from the console and everything i tried changes nothing,i even have my console on a table sitting not even a foot away but yet it still disconnects.

What could be causing this?

I was 200% thinking the story mode PVE was going to be about as deep as a potato, but with the sheer amount of firepower and traps and resources you burn through on high level missions, earning loot drops is fun as hell and worth grinding just about any mission for
I mean it's free next year isn't it? But with how much I play battle royale I feel like I owe them. Something.

I mean it's free next year isn't it? But with how much I play battle royale I feel like I owe them. Something.

You don't even need the mega bonus crazy buy-in packs for story because the halloween drops are so lucrative you'll be as stacked as that in hours

7 hours servers cue times right now, their Twitter is exploding in death threats from free and paid players

You don't even need the mega bonus crazy buy-in packs for story because the halloween drops are so lucrative you'll be as stacked as that in hours

7 hours servers cue times right now, their Twitter is exploding in death threats from free and paid players
Jesus christ! Australia would have its own servers wouldn't it so I'd probably skim through for our own or doesn't work like that

I spent too much on that game already although I think I do have 2 or 3 free founder packs from buying the top tier founder pack on the ps4

Back