Fortnite or Unknown Player Battlegrounds.. which one should I get?

Took me roughly 60 hours to start noticing them to the point of beginning the debate towards leaving the game.

• No regions, not talking about continental regions. Here in the USA i live in NY. 75% of my matches placed me in west coast servers. This results in 90ms delay by default.
  • Movement controls are delayed. When you trying strafing one direction then strafing another direction a massive delay exists(accelerate, decelerate, stop, accelerate then reach full strafing speed). Delay also exists in the initial strafe for the character takes 1-2 second to reach their full strafing speed. The delay jumping has is mimicked in all character movement keystroke actions.
  • End game. To play the game in any competitive nature it requires you to be anti-competitive for the first 20-30 minutes of each match.
  • Hitreg. When they bumped player count from 60 to 99 the servers degraded and hitreg became a massive issue. Instead of reverting player count they instead lowered the server tickrate, broke melee and reduced the match loot table.
  • Character eye level. You'll notice your character eye level is equal to a door handle.
  • Bullet origin being from the weapon muzzle. Original map is plagued by direct line of sight yet your bullets are impacting an object infront of you that isnt seen. Newer maps seem to have been designed properly to avoid this.
  • Weapon loot table. Clumping and absent loot is common.
  • Close quarters combat is abysmal.
  • Game sound. While they improved certain sounds over the past year the overall sound is still horrific.
  • Game balancing. Brendan Green isnt a game developer. PUBG developers, this is their first ever FPS genre game. They dont have the talent and knowledge to balance the game. Instead theyll wait for Fortnite to roll out a positive BR change and copy it(first circle location from plane prior to drop).
Doesnt help that they delayed Pc development to rush out the console version before christmas. Created real world currency loot boxes while still in early access. An still havent opened up the game to modding like orginally promised. First two points was also a promise that they wouldnt allow happen until Pc hit 1.0.

Only just read this.

Some of the things you are talking about in this list arent bugs, they are things you would like to see improved.

A bug is something that basically breaks the game or renders a certain feature useless, saying you dont like the game sound is not a bug, that is your personal preference.

I wont reply to all points, but some of them are just things that you(and maybe others) personally would like to see improved, that does not mean they are 'bugs', you are just looking for the perfect gaming experience by the sounds of it.

When and why was he banned? Guys been around a long time. Guess the Sophie’s Choice Wizard finally came for him.

This has come up a bit and I asked around. War room race baiting got him apparently. War room takes another victim. It's why I barely post there.

This has come up a bit and I asked around. War room race baiting got him apparently. War room takes another victim. It's why I barely post there.

Iirc he was Filipino. I wonder what group he was going after that got him the ol’ heave ho.

PUBG isnt a competitive game. Common trend exists when a new multiplayer game becomes popular among users. Vocal minority demands an esport element to justify their game of choice. Certain game developers take it a step further by promoting an esport element of their game title to sell units; Evolve did this.

This topic surrounds two game titles that are at best casual competitive.

You’re using a very narrow, specific definition of “competitive” here. I’m sure the poster you’re responding to would use the same definition that I would, namely any game that can be played online in PvP. It doesn’t need to be Counter Strike, LoL or Starcraft level of esport or anything like that. If it puts players against each other I’d call that competitive. And if cheating becomes rampant then that fucking sucks.

Back