Fortnite (incl Battle Royale) thread ***UPDATE: Released on Android***

I have been playing Fortnite since early closed Alpha, and I detest PVP game modes.

That being said, I actually REALLY dig Fortnite mixed with PUBG.

I LOVE Fortnite though. It has ALOT of room to grow and hit a VERY niche market where no other game currently is on the PvE side. I agree, support has been spotty, but they have been slowly but surely making progress.

For anyone who doesn't watch MMOs.com or have ever kept up with Omer ("Hi guys, it's Omer with mmohuts.com"), you should watch some of their videos.

I played the Battle Royale over the weekend and it was ok but we live in a world where PUBG is a thing.

I prefer FBR because it feels more casual. That's mostly due to the pace of the game. I can overlook the cartoonish graphics because of that.

Last edited:
I played the Battle Royale over the weekend and it was ok but we live in a world where PUBG is a thing.

Not everyone has access to it though. I got a new graphics card so I should finally be able to play PunkBat and after it releases on Xbone in November I’m sure Fortnite will see some heavy drop off, but FBR is still fun

Still don’t get why there’s a player select screen if you get a random character.

Oh, it's not on Steam? I have to download yet another 3rd party vendors store app to launch this thing? Epic Games launcher or whatever?

So that's Steam, Uplay, Origin, Battle.net, now Epic has a launcher, are there any others I'm forgetting?

Another thing I hate about fuckign PC gaming

I'll the few minutes downloading, installing and creating an account instead of paying between $5~10 a month just to play online.

Yeah that's bullshit having to pay for online but two wrongs don't make a right in my world

so is this for the pc? I got tricked into buying fortnite on the ps4 is this different?

Being as i bought H1Z1 in mid-2015 and PUBG during closed beta. I will never play another BR game even if its free. Genre is anti-competitive in design and has no depth to appeal towards my casual side.

Don't you say basically the same thing about anything that is popular?

So no "it's free" so download but to play you need to buy a founder's pack

Huh? I didn't pay a cent and I've been playing for almost the past week. I don't even know what a founder's pack is.

Huh? I didn't pay a cent and I've been playing for almost the past week. I don't even know what a founder's pack is.
it was for fortnite the pve game not the pvp game

Oh, it's not on Steam? I have to download yet another 3rd party vendors store app to launch this thing? Epic Games launcher or whatever?

So that's Steam, Uplay, Origin, Battle.net, now Epic has a launcher, are there any others I'm forgetting?

Another thing I hate about fuckign PC gaming

The only one on that list that is a 3rd party app, is Steam. The others are all first party.

I dont think you know what you're talking about

Battle.net is an Activision blizzard app that sells Activision blizzard games. u
play is a Ubisoft app that sells Ubisoft games, origin is an EA app that sells EA games, Epic launcher is an Epic app that sells Epic games. They are all first party.

Steam is the only 3rd party app in your list.

Doesn't sound like you think at all.

Last edited:
Had a game last night for the first time, it runs batter than Pubg but that isn't a surprise considering the graphics are sparse and cartoony, to me it just doesn't feel that good and there was no pull to play another game even though I got a few kills.

Pubg is just a better game imo.. it has atmosphere and even with its perfomance issues and clunky close up combat it just feels better and makes you wanna chicken dinner over and over.

Back