Forum preservation thread

It's easy for kickboxers and Thai fighters to duck the best guys.

who's ducking who exept Buakaw and Petrosyan? Ducking is basically non existent in Thailand and Kickboxing. You fight who the promoters give you.

I'm sure that I'm not the first person to suggest this, but in a sport like kickboxing with so many promotions on different continents where the top fighters don't all fight each other, a ranking system based on the consensus of the writers or contributors makes a lot more sense to use than a lineal ranking system where a fighter would have to beat another fighter to move up, despite the fact that a lot of the matchups are practically impossible.
Oddly enough though the best almost always fight the best in every weight class but 2(70 and 65 kg). I kinda like the liverkick system, but I also like Combat Press' concensus system.

So LiverKick just updated their rankings and before clicking on it I knew it would be bogus. They always have questionable rankings. Firstly I don't understand why Petpanomrung and Roosmalen are not in the FW top 10. Secondly why is Marat at number 1 in LW and sittichai at number 2? You cant tell me that 1 win over superbon puts him ahead of sittichai even thou he's lost to him 3 times. Do you think that's fair?
Cause Pet has about 0 actual wins over legitimate top kickboxers? At least I think results should play some part in rankings.

Roosmalen is definitely an oddity in the liverkick rankings but that's also pretty much on Glory. They had top guys and then dumped them and basically never brought in any guys who had current wins over those top guys.

I'm sure that I'm not the first person to suggest this, but in a sport like kickboxing with so many promotions on different continents where the top fighters don't all fight each other, a ranking system based on the consensus of the writers or contributors makes a lot more sense to use than a lineal ranking system where a fighter would have to beat another fighter to move up, despite the fact that a lot of the matchups are practically impossible.
The LK rankings predate the period of time kickboxing has been like that though.

There's good and bad in both systems. I'm glad we have them both.

Liverkick's system is easier to keep going fairly in the long run even though following all those results must be a pain in the ass too.

Combat Press system only works because of the main guy doing it and if/when he gets tired of doing it it'll quickly go bad. I wouldn't trust 99% of the writers and such in the sport to run it. It is a very rare media guy in this sport who follows Glory/Europe AND K-1 AND Kunlun/other main China promotions. You have plenty of guys who follow one or two but that wouldn't result in a fair ranking with a system like what Combat Press uses.

Easy to criticize either ranking if one wants to really.

Last edited:
Cause Pet has about 0 actual wins over legitimate top kickboxers? At least I think results should play some part in rankings.

Fair enough on paper he didn't beat Roosmalen and Wei Rui but Adamchuk is a legitimate name in his division. Zakaria Zouggary and Alexei Ulyanov seem like decent wins also.

Adamchuk and Zouggary not bad wins at all, but I don't think either ranking had them in the top10 at the time.

Adamchuk and Zouggary not bad wins at all, but I don't think either ranking had them in the top10 at the time.

Liverkick only started doing the 'who beat who' system at a certain point didnt they? It feels like their featherweight rankings are way too K1 heavy. Amrani beat Kubo after he beat Noiri to win the Glory tournament. Amrani then lost to Varga and then it went to Adamchuk and so on. The idea that Adamchuk has never been top 10 seems odd to me.

the fact that josh jaunty was at one time in their 70 egg top 10 for over a year tells you how much they follows their own ranking criteria

Think he got in cause someone dropped for inactivity or retired and then someone gets in there without beating a top10 guy so it does follow their system. Don't remember would there have been some other other guy outside the top 10 more worthy at the time? That'd be the only sorta subjective part of that system which at least some in this thread seem to think as better ;)

Last edited:
Think he got in cause someone dropped for inactivity or retired and then someone gets in there without beating a top10 guy so it does follow their system. Don't remember would there have been some other other guy outside the top 10 more worthy at the time? That'd be the only sorta subjective part of that system which at least some in this thread seem to think as better ;)
When has warren Stevenmans ever been top 10? Jauncy still at this point does not have a win over anyone who at any time was ever ranked in the top 10

When has warren Stevenmans ever been top 10? Jauncy still at this point does not have a win over anyone who at any time was ever ranked in the top 10
Yes as I said, when someone drops out of the ranking for inactivity, someone else outside of the top10 gets in without beating that guy. Think that's what happened with him anyway.

It's amazing how presumptuous western muay thai people are relative to where they actually stand in the sport. They're like the delusional hobbyist mathematician who thinks they've built/proven something big.

Also, 2:05:00-2:06:05

Christ on a bike

The way that guy is so dismissive of Thai scoring is so pompous, I remember when he was implying that Kevin Ross should have got the decision over Saenchai.

"Under the scoring we just made up in our heads, he totally beat Saenchai." <45>

Dude thinks Lerdsila is more evasive than Somrak and Saenchai. You know, because he looks neat against foreigners and whatnot.

ATG candidate, Lerdsila.

Dude thinks Lerdsila is more evasive than Somrak and Saenchai. You know, because he looks neat against foreigners and whatnot.

ATG candidate, Lerdsila.

Who of the current fighters would you compare his skills to?

Back