Forza 7 ... why why why why why why why why why

Nimrod

Wistfull With A Fist-Full
Double Yellow Card
Reaction score
Is anyone else having issues downloading this game via the windows store?

Been on 2 days now trying to download this fucking game!

Its 95 gig in total, i got to 45 gig yesterday then it stopped, then i left it on over night and it downloaded a total of 9 gig in 10 hours!!! wtf is this shit? its 2017 ffs ...

I have had steam now for 12 years and its been 99% stable with big downloads like GTA 5 and Doom downloading no problem, and if there is a break in the download it continues from where it stopped.

WINDOWS MICROSOFT FUCK YOU ....

Did you talk to MS support? Could be many issues. Low Hard Drive space, over taxed servers due to launch day, corrupt sectors on drive, you need a firmware update, your ISP bandwidth has limits.

Did you talk to MS support? Could be many issues. Low Hard Drive space, over taxed servers due to launch day, corrupt sectors on drive, you need a firmware update, your ISP bandwidth has limits.
It sounds like he is on the PC, not Xbox, so "firmware" doesn't really make sense here (Windows has always referred to its firmware updates as "Service Packs"). He called it the "Windows Store", not the Xbox Live marketplace, after all, and referred to his prior experiences on Steam. If that is the case, then all of these possibilities you mentioned are controlled by the seamlessness of Steam; it's unique to the WIndows store.

Low hard drive space is a possibility since it's always the most recent game overloading the drive that causes this problem, but again, I would assume he understands that he needs adequate storage, and a PC will notify you before the download begins that there isn't enough storage on the drive for the complete download.

Sounds like overtaxed servers to me, but it could certainly be something else. That would be MS being cheap because they control the largest server farms in the world.

Its on pc, dont lecture me about hardrive space/bad sectors etc etc.. im not a numpty...

Just read a few forums etc .. its a microsoft server fuck up..

Pc users getting shafted again.

Its 95 gig in total, i got to 45 gig yesterday then it stopped, then i left it on over night and it downloaded a total of 9 gig in 10 hours!!! wtf is this shit? its 2017 ffs ...

I have had steam now for 12 years and its been 99% stable with big downloads like GTA 5 and Doom downloading no problem, and if there is a break in the download it continues from where it stopped.

jesus fucking christ..

well it eventually downloaded .. and

its fucking great.. woot ..

Its on pc, dont lecture me about hardrive space/bad sectors etc etc.. im not a numpty...

Just read a few forums etc .. its a microsoft server fuck up..

Pc users getting shafted again.

Don't be a whiny dick. Just trying to help.

Twenty years ago, Zelda 64/Orcania of Time was released, and the total size of the game was 32 MB.

Think about that.

Makes me wonder if in another 5 years if we'll see the first game that's an entire terabyte.

Damn, I wasn't aware I could get Forza 7 on PC.. Now the question is, do I wait a couple weeks for the new Gran Turismo on PS4, or buy Forza 7 on PC now?

NINETY-FIVE GIG?!

Fuck
The AAA makers are fucking clueless. Their games are bloatware at this point. Fallout 4 has an official HD texture pack for those of us wanting better visuals. The texture pack comes in a 58 gigs

The Microsoft store is fucking garbage, that's why I dont buy games from it. I learned my lesson back when I had a 360...

Also, get back to us on the microtransactions of the game.

In Forza 6, I heard that HALF of the games cars were behind a paywall.

In this case, I wouldn't be surprised if you've already downloaded every single car in the game, but you have to pay $$$ to access them... because of 'convenience.'

Damn, I wasn't aware I could get Forza 7 on PC.. Now the question is, do I wait a couple weeks for the new Gran Turismo on PS4, or buy Forza 7 on PC now?

If you buy the play anywhere code version you get the pc version and Xbox one which is awesome value, I picked the code up for 42 Brexit pounds..

It's a really good game.

Also, get back to us on the microtransactions of the game.

In Forza 6, I heard that HALF of the games cars were behind a paywall.

In this case, I wouldn't be surprised if you've already downloaded every single car in the game, but you have to pay $$$ to access them... because of 'convenience.'

I have finished the first player champoinshipship and have unlocked around 8 cars and bought a couple with the in-game credits you earn as you finish races, in total I know have around 400,000 in game credit to buy cars... the thing is, they have now put cars behind a tier system which means you can't just buy any car you want, you have to unlock the tiers by playing the game, or alternatively paying to unlock early..

This is a jerk move on turn 10s part .. but fortunately the game is great so it is ok for me to play the championship through.. if your good at the game you will have to turn the ai to 100% to get a challenge because the ai is garbage .. but still it's good and the graphics are incredible with weather changing halfway through a race etc, it's really great stuff.

This is a jerk move on turn 10s part

Yep.

Gotta pump people for more money than the full $60 price tag.

Because you're obviously not paying enough to own the game, you have to pay, after you've paid, for the cars you actually want to drive in the game.

Yep.

Gotta pump people for more money than the full $60 price tag.

Because you're obviously not paying enough to own the game, you have to pay, after you've paid, for the cars you actually want to drive in the game.

Microtransactions and loot boxes are bogus no doubt. Look what 2K games did with 2K18.

Rockstar is making billions off shark card sales and I am sure other studios saw this as more motivation.

Back