Forza Horizon 4; Toyota is back!

Alright this is a cool car pack. That ' 77 Lotus Esprit. Hnnng. Might have to pick this up.

Do real life licensed cars handle pretty much the same across different racing games? Same physics, same likelihood to spin out of control?

I need to pick a North American car to use, but so far the Corvette, Acura NSX, and Mustang Cobra spin out of control too easily.

Played the demo. Doesn't seem like a big enough upgrade from 3 to buy 4.

Liking the demo wish i could see more area though. From what ive seen it is a graphical upgrade on the X and PC compared to 3, but nothing "nex gen" but damn it looks bright and polished on the X in 4k HDR, the 30fps doesnt even bother me. Its just wow. Will probably play it on the X over PC but will wait for it to come out to see the full map.
I like the seasons idea and how they are making it more "mmo" with the new multiplayer system.

Forza is the only reason I want to buy an X. I have a ps4 pro and feel Playstation has way better exclusives but they are missing a good racing game..

Forza is the only reason I want to buy an X. I have a ps4 pro and feel Playstation has way better exclusives but they are missing a good racing game..

You can play Forza on a PC for a much better experience.

Not true. You can get a 4k visual option or a true 60 FPS option for performance at 1080p.

YouTubers already uploading videos on the game wtf. I guess Microsoft gave them press copies. Still lame that they can upload videos of barn finds and other easter eggs. Giantbombs quick look is solid though.

Played the demo. Doesn't seem like a big enough upgrade from 3 to buy 4.

The 4 seasons essentially quadruples the map size. Also the world will be populated by real players and they added a lot more in terms of avatar upgrades, houses, a lot more vehicles and a more realistic city compared to other games in the past.

Not true. You can get a 4k visual option or a true 60 FPS option for performance at 1080p.

YouTubers already uploading videos on the game wtf. I guess Microsoft gave them press copies. Still lame that they can upload videos of barn finds and other easter eggs. Giantbombs quick look is solid though.

I don't follow what you are saying. Are you saying the Xbox will do 4k or 1070p at 60FPS?

Experience you mean only visual or the whole game?

Online gaming in MS titles is a desert on PC, and a huge appeal of FH4 is the shared world you have online.

I don't follow what you are saying. Are you saying the Xbox will do 4k or 1070p at 60FPS?
It will do 4k at 30 FPS or 1080p at 60 fps. It's a performance or graphics option.

Reviews are out.

It will do 4k at 30 FPS or 1080p at 60 fps. It's a performance or graphics option.

Reviews are out.

Cool. Definitely picking this up on PC. It is also giving me reason to finally pick up a wheel.

I hope they do more Forza RC for this game, because FH3 had just two. The rewards are awesome and people are still fighting in the auction house over the cars you could win.

Debating this. Probably put about 60 hours into FH3 but really got burned out. One thing I definitely ain't doing is paying $40 to play it early this time around. I thought with FH3 I'd get the DLC with it but nope.

Is the demo still up?

Last edited:
Played the demo last night. Fun stuff. Great soundtrack, better than FH3's was. Also found out that the ultimate edition DOES include the DLC this time around so I got that. Will start up soon as I get home.

I am very interested, will this be microtransaction monstrosity?

I am very interested, will this be microtransaction monstrosity?

Not a "monstrosity" but they offer car packs and DLC for actual additional play space on the map, so i wouldnt call it a "monstrosity" but it has a few.
Otherwise IMO its a pretty complete game, hundreds of cars, huge map even without the DLC(just makes it even bigger usually) everything you need to have fun without spending additional money at the start.

Back