Forza Horizon 4; Toyota is back!

These Horizon story missions are a kernt. Took me a while to get LaRacers missions all 3 starred. Looks like Worlds Fastest is going to take even longer.

Anyone buy a castle yet?

Psh...I'm not even bothering going for 3 stars on all the LaRacer and movie set missions. That shit gives me the grrs big time.

I suck at racing games but I'm more than content just driving around finding boards.

Ok I started yesterday, got the Charger first, disabled every noob assistance and the car doesn't spin (it's a RWD), doesn't slide even if I throttle through the whole corner. Then I got the Impreza and it's like it has glue on the tires (it's AWD tough), even on dirt.

I was playing Motorsport 7 not long ago and it wasn't much different from Horizon 3. To me they changed the physics a lot in this game.

Last edited:
Ok I started yesterday, got the Charger first, disabled every noob assistance and the car doesn't spin (it's a RWD), doesn't slide even if I throttle through the whole corner. Then I got the Impreza and it's like it has glue on the tires (it's AWD tough), even on dirt.

I was playing Motorsport 7 not long ago and it wasn't much different from Horizon 3. To me they changed the physics a lot in this game.

Trust me once you get in something like a Hennessey Venom the wheels will spin up to 100 mph in 3rd gear.

Trust me once you get in something like a Hennessey Venom the wheels will spin up to 100 mph in 3rd gear.
I hope so. I'll try to finish the tutorial today.

Is it true you can drag race? And get a 1955 Chevy?

Which cars are universally good to use regardless of which video game it's featured in?

I'm using the mandatory starter Honda Fit in GT6 and with some tuning upgrades, it beat some cars I didn't think it could.

Is it true you can drag race? And get a 1955 Chevy?

Yes drag races exist but not as good as in previous games. The strips are too short and not a good run off area.

If you guys need tips for tuning.

Which cars are universally good to use regardless of which video game it's featured in?

A lot has changed since 1963, but there has always been one thing that you could count on. There has always been a 911 and it has always been magnificent.

A lot has changed since 1963, but there has always been one thing that you could count on. There has always been a 911 and it has always been magnificent.
Wasn't that a LaRacer chapter? Lol

Now that you mention it they did choose that as #1...

What car has good max speed and acceleration but also handles obediently like a compact hatchback without falling off the road?

Finally finished all 40 horizon story chapters. The drift ones were a chore to get through. I hate drifting in this game and it seems like playground is forcing players to do crap they dont wanna do. Like whenever I get a forzathon live event there is always a drift zone or drift skill you have to do.

What car has good max speed and acceleration but also handles obediently like a compact hatchback without falling off the road?

Get the 2012 Nissan GT-R Black Edition and upgrade it. Mine is sitting at S2 961 and it is my go-to for every "I can't win this race with the car I want to drive, so I'll drive this instead." situation. It has a ton of power, and it puts every ounce of it down on the road. It launches like a monster and has a top speed somewhere around 216. It helped me win the drag racing series without breaking a sweat, it handles the icy roads in the Winter like a champ (so I basically used it all last week), I used it to 3-star several jumps, and I'm currently using it to run through the street racing series (with its annoying lack of barriers and constantly wet roads).

Part of what makes the car so fantastic is its AWD system, but that's also what makes it a bit challenging to drive on the pavement. If you try to drive it like a RWD car, this thing will understeer like a mother. Like, you can lock the wheel all the way to the left or right and it will careen head on into a wall. You need to slow down on the curves and run a proper racing line and then let the AWD pull you out of the corner. If you learn to do that, you're golden.

What class?
Any and all.

I grinded to buy and tune an Aventador and in a race where I couldn't switch tires to sticky ones, the fucking thing fishtailed too often and slid off the track too many times.

Even the Nissan Fairlady ZX300 fishtailed a bit and I remember using it as a decent car in older Gran Turismo games.

Any and all.

I grinded to buy and tune an Aventador and in a race where I couldn't switch tires to sticky ones, the fucking thing fishtailed too often and slid off the track too many times.

Even the Nissan Fairlady ZX300 fishtailed a bit and I remember using it as a decent car in older Gran Turismo games.
Usually lighter cars tend to handle better, Ultima 1020, MC12 FE, Radical SR8, Focus RS, all the Imprezas, Legacy, 037 (ie rally cars and small track toys), etc.

I learned to deal with the tire issue because of Forza 7, most homologations didn't allow you to use racing tires, so you had to git gud.

Yes drag races exist but not as good as in previous games. The strips are too short and not a good run off area.

If you guys need tips for tuning.

Awesome. I am so clueless in these games, love them though. Been looking for a good tuning guide.

Awesome. I am so clueless in these games, love them though. Been looking for a good tuning guide.
You don't need to know everything, maybe just suspension and downforce. The rest you won't use much in Horizon.

https://www.dltuning.co.uk/tuneityourself

This guide is for Forza 7 but you can use it for pretty much any Forza you want.

When playing with upgrades and classes, use rims and weight reduction to adjust the power to weight ratio so the car fits in the class you want.

Back