Foster by Flying Knee also dedication personified

Been a great week of MMA. Well, aside from all the messed up calls tonight. Tavares and High got screwed.

Been a great week of MMA. Well, aside from all the messed up calls tonight. Tavares and High got screwed.

That is very fucked up what happened to Jason High in such a big tournament in a fight he was winning.

Foster looked great. He just went for everything until he got something. I didn't expect him to fare well on the mat against Ramsey, but he really worked him. That finish was beautiful, too.

i missed the Tavares situation, what happened there?

His opponent kicked him in the crown jewels so hard that Tavares couldn't continue.

The officials ruled it a TKO victory for said opponent.

A TKO.... from an illegal strike.

Sherdog has it listed as a NC (leg kick) but that's not what the officials ruled it as. I think that's just a moral stance from Sherdog's part.

Tavares has disputed the result. But considering the High situation. It seems very unlikely that the commission will change their minds.

His opponent kicked him in the crown jewels so hard that Tavares couldn't continue.

The officials ruled it a TKO victory for said opponent.

A TKO.... from an illegal strike.

Sherdog has it listed as a NC (leg kick) but that's not what the officials ruled it as. I think that's just a moral stance from Sherdog's part.

Tavares has disputed the result. But considering the High situation. It seems very unlikely that the commission will change their minds.

Lol cmon, no way. That can’t be real. The High situation is nonsense and it should be overturned but, getting kicked in the nuts and not being able to continue...then LOSING is crazy.

Lol cmon, no way. That can’t be real. The High situation is nonsense and it should be overturned but, getting kicked in the nuts and not being able to continue...then LOSING is crazy.

What can we say? Illinois is a cesspool as far as common sense goes.
http://www.ilga.gov/commission/jcar/admincode/068/068013700E06300R.html
It turns out it may have been a defensible call per the insane Illinois rules:

A contestant who is hit with an accidental low-blow must continue after a reasonable amount of time, but no more than 5 minutes, or he or she may lose the bout by technical knockout.

A contestant who is hit with an accidental low-blow must continue after a reasonable amount of time, but no more than 5 minutes, or he or she may lose the bout by technical knockout.

That's a really weird phrasing.

"may lose the bout by TKO"?

So... by implication... they may also not lose the bout?

WTF is going on here?

What can we say? Illinois is a cesspool as far as common sense goes.

Yeah but they have some good Italian beef sandwiches and the pizza isn’t bad either.

Back