FOX is likely to replace UFC with WWE TV

Is it really that difficult to understand? You may not like WWE because you’ve outgrown it but there’s new viewers growing into that demographic everyday. Combine that with the lifelong fans who bring their kids into it and you have a constantly growing audience.

Yes it’s fake and you know what else is fake? EVERY other show on tv. I think some people hate on it because they consider it “not a sport.” It’s entertainment, not sport...there’s characters and storylines and drama just like any other tv show.

Just because it’s not for you anymore doesn’t mean it’s not for everybody.

I work in radio and studying demographics is a big part of what we do and it’s crazy how they can pull such a multi generational audience.

This
Plus the average age of a WWE viewer is older than UFC

Movies and TV Comedies / Dramas and Sci Fi are scripted too.

Lighten up. WWE is much better at fan interaction and hardcore wrestling fans are notoriously sticky.

UFC has to get better at making stars.

Fox right now to UFC. LOL
stone-cold-jeff-jarrett.gif

this sounds like nothing more than negotiating tactics by fox. I doubt they have any real interest in the wwe.

wow, a pseudo sport beating a niche sport...

McMahon is making uncle dana his jabroni once Fox makes that deal true.

bork1}<21><20><Y2JSmirk>

really? Didn't think WWE still had mass appeal in 2018.

I mean I was really into it ... back when I was 14-15, but now it's pretty hard to maintain my interest.

same thing can be said about ufc to be honest. but i guess it really doesn't have that big of an appeal if they're getting dropped lol

wwe is something that teens like then grow out of when they are around 18. ufc is something for the "i don't like sports as much as i like to just get drunk", and then grow out of it around the mid 20s. after that it is on to real sports

The UFC hit it's prime in 2009.

Try going to a bar during an event at that time. Every event was packed.

During the last 5 years many of those same bars are struggling to get much interest, assuming they even show the fights (many smaller bars don't anymore).

Watered down cards, the Fox deal, eventually the hardcores were replaced by Ronda and Conor tards, who are possibly the dumbest and most uneducated cohort possible, who won't carry the sport on their backs.

Reebok deal? WME/IMG? It peaked way before that. Selling for record numbers and hitting "the mainstream" doesn't mean peak. It means the starting of a decline.

When something is catered to the masses, it's soul gets divided into a billion pieces and sold to the LOWEST bidders.

Call me a hater, blind, or a hardcore fan who's just a blip on the radar, but this shit's been stale for years.

Fox.... I hate to say it but WWE would probably make them more money. Can they please sign Punk back up too..

<21><{smellit?}>

"[Fox] is definitely trying to get [the WWE]. They'll pass on UFC, then use 'Raw' for [Fox Broadcasting] and FS1 content,"

http://www.sportingnews.com/wwe/new...-down-ronda-rousey/1ovzh7gbpyt9t1fglfp1m7xr2w

The UFC met with ESPN, Turner Sports, CBS and NBC last year to try to drum up interest, according to John Ourand of SportsBusiness Journal. But none seemed interested in paying the $450 million annual average. Fox recently put an offer of $200 million annually on the table.

giphy.gif

f6HJPkM.png

fd111ace7931683341ffc2d8fced3242.gif
40e6a2b74494ca887cff563e325c9725.jpg

da2b0dce9d7a2421c42a0589d6ef1a04.gif
HTTP2lydW50aGVpbnRlcm5ldC5jb20vbHVsemR1bXAvaW1hZ2VzL1dXRS1tb25leS1pbi10aGUtYmFuay1Kb2huLUNlbmEtcmVhbGx5LWhhcHB5LTE0MDM2MzU0NzIwLmdpZgloglog.gif

<20>
Do people actually watch WWE still? I thought it was practically dead.

Fox.... I hate to say it but WWE would probably make them more money. Can they please sign Punk back up too..

WWE makes about 1/5 the ad revenue that UFC does
Even with better ratings

Edit: @Kung Fu Tze - I checked & its 30%

Last edited:
Fox should get both.

really? Didn't think WWE still had mass appeal in 2018.
You're right, it doesn't. But the UFC has even less appeal than pro wrestling now.

What an embarassment of a "sport".

It kind of makes sense to move on. The cards that the UFC puts on Fox have steadily gone downhill over the period of the contract. It also really doesn't seem like the UFC has grown in popularity on the fox network. I think you could argue that its worth less now than the original deal.

They're selling out 60K+ seat venues every WrestleMania, so there's seems to be some interest.

.... Wrestlemania is literally the Super Bowl of pro wrestling. it's THE biggest event every year it should sell out. I had a slight chance to go 13 years ago and am still regretting it. Cue Self chest chop

FOX is a mess. They would lose a lot of credibility having WWE replace the UFC.

That's the thing I was kinda hinting at earlier ... there's a lot of negative stigmas associated with pro wrestling

yes it's entertainment and not everyone's cup of tea ... but I mean it's not like I ever got a "Wow you watch Pro Wrestling ... nice " (cue high five)

it's more "You watch that shit?" (what a weirdo)

same thing can be said about ufc to be honest. but i guess it really doesn't have that big of an appeal if they're getting dropped lol

wwe is something that teens like then grow out of when they are around 18. ufc is something for the "i don't like sports as much as i like to just get drunk", and then grow out of it around the mid 20s. after that it is on to real sports

Hate to say it but UFC is kinda getting to that point. I'm growing kinda tired of all the tough talk on social media for one.

and not far behind it is all these callings for so called "Money fights"

but I think what else is hurting the UFC is something SuperNintendo suggested too many watered down cards. It's great for the athletes as more weight classes = more opportunity, but I dunno I just think it's getting a bit overkill, and it's gotten to the point where there's not as many big must see PPVs.

That shit hurts on a bare chest.

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Can't blame him for crying then.

Back