FOX is likely to replace UFC with WWE TV

UFC is boring now.

The UFC cannot create new stars. I'm at the point where I don't know half of the fighters on the cards and i don't care. Everyone looks the same in their reebok uniforms. All of the fighters I liked are getting brutally beat out of the sport.

I don't even know why I watch anymore.

I don't get it either.
Still draws some of the highest weekly ratings in television today. You don't have to get it. There are plenty of people who don't get Combat sports either, but here we all are.

I'm surprised that HBO and Showtime are not in the running, given the coin they use to shell out for boxing. Honestly, that would be the best and not 1,000 commercials a card.

The commercial breaks on the free cards really are fucking brutal. It takes SO fucking long to get from one fight to the next that I rarely watch those cards live anymore.

It's too easy to just DVR them and fast forward through all the bullshit.

I find very little to get excited about with the UFC and I feel I'm not alone.

My interest in MMA in general has been on life support for a few years now. I used to watch every event from every organization, every Countdown/Primetime show, would read MMA magazines, listen to MMA podcasts, etc.

Now half the time I don't even know who's fighting on the next card. It will be Saturday morning and I'll look it up and be like, "Oh shit, such-and-such is fighting tonight." I still watch, but not as much or with the enthusiasm that I used to, haven't watched a Countdown show in probably a year, I consume very little MMA news, and the only podcast I still tune into is the Co-Main Event.

I don't know if the sport changed or if I changed. Or some of both. But it's just not the same these days. I've tried to find ways to reinvigorate my interest but have been mostly unsuccessful.

I don't get it either.
Don't watch it but I'll at least give it one thing, they try to be fun, it knows exactly what it is and doesn't pretend otherwise, I'm sure most people who watch it take it for light fun too, uncomplicated and over the top, they watch because they know exactly what they're getting

Ronda's ultimate revenge.

Ronda-Rousey-Elimination-Chamber-2018.jpg

I really don't get the hype around WWE.
Maybe it's because I am european but I just don't understand the concept of fake wrestling and why people are interested in watching something like this.
Wrestling is like God, I know it’s fake, but if feels real.

Where's that gif of the Furtita brothers smirking when you need it

really? Didn't think WWE still had mass appeal in 2018.

I mean I was really into it ... back when I was 14-15, but now it's pretty hard to maintain my interest.
Nah brah, alive and well

Ufc is a joke No one wants to see cards full of d level bar room brawlers. At this point wwe wrestlers are more of an athlete than they are.

I really don't get the hype around WWE.
Maybe it's because I am european but I just don't understand the concept of fake wrestling and why people are interested in watching something like this.

its more like a drama/tv show then a sport... which also confuses me as to why FOX would want to broadcast a non-sport. To be honest I think Fox trying a bargaining tactic to get UFC to bite and take their offer of 250m or w/e it was.

Fuck the UFC and their greed. I kept telling most people that once the FOX deal was up the UFC is gonna have to take a huge ass pay cut or put most of their material on Fight Pass because they burned bridges with ESPN already and nobody else gives a fuck about having them. Dana White openly talked SOOOOOO much shit about ESPN in 2011/2012.

WME/IMG should have fired Dana White immediately and rallied to steal Scott Coker so they could clean up their image and maybe build some bridges with all the people they fucked with. I think this is a great thing for the fans though. If they can't reach a deal, most of the shows will go on Fight Pass.

It's just gonna suck for those greedy motherfuckers. They deserve it though. Fuck'em in the neck.
Don't think Coker would be a good fit, he's too much of a nice guy. I do agree with the Dana situation though, sometimes he should zip his trap but his ego won't let him.

UFC is boring now.

The UFC cannot create new stars. I'm at the point where I don't know half of the fighters on the cards and i don't care. Everyone looks the same in their reebok uniforms. All of the fighters I liked are getting brutally beat out of the sport.

I don't even know why I watch anymore.
It honestly feels like watching 2 random people off the street.

No one promoted themselves.

They hold up divisions for no reason or retired fighters wanting to come back.

WW doesn't have anyone scheduled in the too 10 to fight.

They just don't care anymore, making decent money and not spending fuck all. Just want to clear that debt.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ruckus245
Back