Fox News has learned Trump will end DACA. Update: Cancel with 6 months delay

The reason we haven't deported everyone here illegally already is that the cost (financial and other, such as infringing on people's rights in order to find the guilty) and effort of identifying them and executing the order are prohibitive. So we've prioritized removing criminals. If we want to start prioritizing low-skill workers, that's bad economics and morally questionable, but you'd at least have more of a moral-hazard-type argument and an appeal to people's sense of "justice" (wanting to punish transgression) if the targets have chosen to cross the border illegally or to overstay their visas.
My contention is that many low skilled and low IQ Americans would be helped economically by the deportation of low skilled illegal immigrants en masse. Many CEOs would be unhappy to see their labor costs increase. Many upper middle class people would be unhappy to have to pay more for landscaping and child care. But for a lot of Americans at the low end of the income ladder, such a policy would be beneficial.

My contention is that many low skilled and low IQ Americans would be helped economically by the deportation of low skilled illegal immigrants en masse. Many CEOs would be unhappy to see their labor costs increase. Many upper middle class people would be unhappy to have to pay more for landscaping and child care. But for a lot of Americans at the low end of the income ladder, such a policy would be beneficial.

From what I've seen in terms of research, that doesn't appear likely. Seems like the same fallacy I mentioned earlier is motivating that thinking.

DACA is kids coming over after they're born and then being given legal residence when their parents illegally immigrate with them.

By "kids" you mean anyone under the age of 31...lol

Obama...

giphy.gif

From what I've seen in terms of research, that doesn't appear likely. Seems like the same fallacy I mentioned earlier is motivating that thinking.
In the corner of the world in which I live, median income and wealth are not too far off from the US standard. Prices for necessities are also comparable.

My monthly haircut here costs $3 total. In the US, I typically paid $15, not including tip. Why do you think there is such a discrepancy?

If the US imported 20 million people from the third world to cut hair, what do you think would be the effect on the price of haircuts?

In the corner of the world in which I live, median income and wealth are not too far off from the US standard. Prices for necessities are also comparable.

My monthly haircut here costs $3 total. In the US, I typically paid $15, not including tip. Why do you think there is such a discrepancy?

If the US imported 20 million people from the third world to cut hair, what do you think would be the effect on the price of haircuts?

Even in Tianjin, GDP per capita is around $17K U.S., and I'd guess median income is much lower. So Baumol would explain the cost gap. Importing that many hairdressers would either lead to a boom in artistic hairstyles or a lot of career changes (or some combination of both).

Trump will be credited with securing our borders, strictly enforcing our immigration laws, deporting criminals en mass AND yet also providing a pathway to citizenship for law-abiding illegals already here.

Quote this post. Mark my words. Before he's done being President he will be praised as the GOAT and Latino Americans will love him.

I don't care if they are all great people.

Obama over stepped in this and it is and should have always been beyond his power.

If Congress wants to pass a bill then fine.

Which everyway they go the people can make their opinion know at the next election.

What Obama and the left said was fuck what the people want we are going to go around them and do what we want.

IMG_3218.jpg

Liberals are completely and absolutely incapable of thinking rationally

Even in Tianjin, GDP per capita is around $17K U.S., and I'd guess median income is much lower. So Baumol would explain the cost gap. Importing that many hairdressers would either lead to a boom in artistic hairstyles or a lot of career changes (or some combination of both).

Why did you bring up Tianjin? It's not close to the wealthiest city in the mainland. Anyway, I live on a tropical island with GDP per capita (PPP) estimated at $49,500 for 2017. The equivalent number for the US is $57,300 (2016, latest available data). That's a difference of about 15%. Yet a haircut in the USA costs at least 600% more than here.

So let's try this again. You really attribute the discrepancy in price to cost disease?

A much more plausible explanation is that large numbers of unskilled workers, many of them illegal immigrants from SE Asia, come here to cut hair and perform other menial jobs. This drives wages down for hairdressers.

Sure, you can tell native laborers to suck it up, accept lower pay and longer hours, or change careers. But when you say such changes would cause no hardship--the equivalent of your claim that deporting unskilled labor would benefit no one---you strain credulity.

Last edited:
Why did you bring up Tianjin? It's not close to the wealthiest city in the mainland.

Don't know where you live and it's the richest administrative district.

Anyway, I live on a tropical island with GDP per capita (PPP) estimated at $49,500 for 2017. The equivalent number for the US is $57,300 (2016, latest available data). That's a difference of about 15%. Yet a haircut in the USA costs at least 600% more than here.

So let's try this again. You really attribute the discrepancy in price to cost disease?

I suspect that something is missing in the story, then. There's no way that the stylists are coming from the same labor pool and living in the same place as others unless they're all homeless. In America, prices are as high as they are (generally higher than you quoted, from my experience) because of cost disease. And, actually, occupational licensing requirements are another factor.

A much more plausible explanation is that large numbers of unskilled workers, many of them illegal immigrants from SE Asia, come here to cut hair and perform other menial jobs. This drives wages down for hairdressers.

Sure, you can tell native laborers to suck it up, accept lower pay and longer hours, or change careers. But when you say such changes would cause no hardship--the equivalent of your claim that deporting unskilled labor would benefit no one---you strain credulity.

You are dishonestly framing the argument. I said nothing about native laborers having to accept *lower* pay as a result of us not deporting kids who were brought here illegally, and that's what I was earlier calling stupid, reflective of an obviously poor (and absurd) model of how labor markets work.

Last edited:
I suspect that something is missing in the story, then. There's no way that the stylists are coming from the same labor pool and living in the same place as others unless they're all homeless. In America, prices are as high as they are (generally higher than you quoted, from my experience) because of cost disease. And, actually, occupational licensing requirements are another factor.

You are dishonestly framing the argument. The nothing that native laborers have to accept *lower* pay as a result of us not deporting kids who were brought here illegally is what I was earlier calling stupid, reflective of an obviously poor (and absurd) model of how labor markets work.
:)

Obama over stepped in this and it is and should have always been beyond his power.

If Congress wants to pass a bill then fine.

Which everyway they go the people can make their opinion know at the next election.

What Obama and the left said was fuck what the people want we are going to go around them and do what we want.

correct.

Back