Fox news viewers are nuts | Page 2

Discussion in 'The War Room' started by no fat chicks, Nov 14, 2017 at 1:51 PM.

1. spin_ Silver Belt

spin_
    Loyal news station viewers are nuts

Facebook posters are nuts

Internet posters are nuts

People are nuts.

CubixRube likes this.
  2. Kowboy Karl Brown Belt

Kowboy Karl
    What are good news outlets ???

Serious

3. HIMBOB Steel Belt

HIMBOB
    Compliment or insult?

tonni likes this.
  4. sniper Sergei Provider

sniper
    Anything that has any sort of bias or spin is not good, IMO. If I want to read news I'll go to Reuters. But I'm sure someone will tell me that has a bias as well.

So in other words, nothing. I personally think discussion boards like this one are better for news. Though we all have our own bias, atleast we can hash it out. But taking someone else's spin on it and arguing with each other about THE SPIN is totally worthless.

CubixRube likes this.
  5. Devout Pessimist Tragic Vision

Devout Pessimist
    CBC is tax-payer funded fake news.

Curmudgeon likes this.
  6. CubixRube White Belt

CubixRube
    Youtube is the best.

m25105 likes this.
  7. sniper Sergei Provider

sniper
    The fact that the people presenting the news ARE the news... is an issue IMO.

8. ImNotSurpisedDonks! Red Belt

ImNotSurpisedDonks!
    In fairness, there could have been tons of indictments with Hillary and co but the foxes are guarding the hen house. Just the botched FBI investigation and Comey openly admitting she broke the law, but not indicting, proved everything we already knew: The Clintonian power structure and it's puppet wielders control the whole system. Trump was the glitch in the matrix that just happened to get in, piss off the rattle snake known as the Washington cartel and that is why he/his team is getting lit up. If Trump was Bush, and had the same exact team, you can be sure none of this would be happening. This is about putting Koch puppet Pence in and getting Trump out.

9. Vicky Blue Belt

Vicky
    I watch FOX and Al Jazeera.....occasionally CNN.
    I can see the bias on CNN and FOX.
    Do you all think Al Jazeera has much of a bias? I just watch it because it has more international news.

10. ROSCONATION Blue Belt

ROSCONATION
    Can you name your news sources please.

Edit: I see you already answered the same to someone else. Every news source is going to have some bias, Because all humans have bias. Reuters I think is really good.

11. Trotsky Yellow Card

Trotsky
    Anyone who can look at the comments section of Fox News, compare it to those of outlets like NPR, and then try to deny that American conservatives are definitively less intelligent, rational, and emotionally centered is kidding themselves.

With that said, I think you'd probably get at least a few decent "conservative" viewpoints from the followers of National Review and The American Conservative.

I've actually read a few good articles on the fuckery of Saudi Arabia and United States foreign policy from The American Conservative.

https://www.theamericanconservative...rince-begin-within-saudi-military-salman-mbs/
    http://www.theamericanconservative.com/larison/trumps-iran-obsession-and-the-war-on-yemen/
    http://www.theamericanconservative.com/articles/when-did-congress-vote-to-aid-saudis-yemen-war/

All of those stories' comment sections contain fairly reasonable and principled statements by persons I should expect to be, at least nominally, conservatives.

no fat chicks likes this.
  12. Trotsky Yellow Card

Trotsky
    Al Jazeera is leagues more professional and sophisticated than CNN/FOX. Really, outlets like Al Jazeera just don't exist in the US anymore because it's too dry.

Anyways, I never have thought CNN has much of a traditional partisan bias (and studies have affirmed as much) and instead just has a penchant for fanaticism. MSNBC, at least before its reformation, was the clear counterpoint to FOX and was very biased.

13. Vicky Blue Belt

Vicky
    CNN---everything Trump does is bad
    FOX---Hilary is worse than Trump
    I get tired of the constant Trump bashing and the trashing of Hilary.

I watch Al Jazeera online
    http://www.aljazeera.com/live/

edit but I do enjoy Tucker Carlson on Fox....he cracks me up

14. Trotsky Yellow Card

Trotsky
    Yeah, the Trump era has definitely moved CNN to the Democratic side rhetorically (at least as their standard pivot point for fielding other voices), but that's pretty much just for ratings, after Trump called them out and made them profitable for the first time since 2003. But their actual political positions haven't shifted away from being vanilla corporate centrists.

I think Carlson sucks, but he sucks way less than Hannity, or Beck, or Lahren, or Van Sufsldkfan.

15. BjPenn2017 Brown Belt

BjPenn2017
    It is honestly hard if not impossible to find unbiased news reporting well on tv anyway.

Can anyone give me unbiased sources for news? Honestly it's impossible to find one it's either right or left wing, and it's always gonna be like that.

LuchaBear likes this.
  16. BjPenn2017 Brown Belt

BjPenn2017
    Yea Tucker is pretty good, he will cover bad parts of the right like Roy Moore. Watching Hannity right now and his whole show has been an attack on Hillary, who is largely irrelevant and not a thing on the Moore debacle.

17. Fawlty cussed 'em belt

Fawlty
    Well, Fox has spent a lot of time and money cultivating the worst audience that American thought has to offer. I put the difference between Fox viewers, and their saner (but still often cringeworthy) liberal MSM counterpart viewers down to marketing, mostly. It turns out that it's less profitable to be less crazy.

18. LuchaBear The Last Son Of Harpy

LuchaBear
    No such thing sadly.

19. luckyshot Brown Belt

luckyshot
    There are vanishingly few right wing news sources that aren’t fucking cracked.

Wall Street Journal editorials are corporate Republican, but and least not full of conspiracy bullshit.

There’s a few guys on the Blaze network that don’t completely suck ALL the time.

It’s slim pickings for conservative News, though.

I will admit a lot of the media has a liberal bias, but the few conservative outlets there are have just devolved into utter piss. And it’s not the same. You can have a bias and try to balance it, which is what most respectable news outlets try to do. Or you can have a bias and double down on it constantly, which is what Fox does.

Last edited: Nov 14, 2017 at 9:14 PM
    no fat chicks likes this.
  20. ultramanhyata Silver Belt

ultramanhyata