Foxcatcher Movie

I think Bones might have hacked Schults' twitter.

It's not a hack. He deleted the tweets and posted this:

"My story and my life are real. I am a real human being. While I may have tweeted out of anger, I in no way regret standing up for myself, nor do I regret calling out the only other man who has had decision making power concerning my image and legacy these past years. I apologize for the harshness of my language, but I am firm in where I stand. I will gladly go to any lengths to protect and safeguard the integrity and truth of my story, my life, my character and my legacy. If that's not worth fighting over while I'm still alive, I don't know what is."

I thought it was a good movie. It did leave me thinking he was a dumb dude. I guess being academically successful is sufficient proof that he's not as dumb as the movie made him look. But the tweets to show him to be as emotionally unstable as the film depicts.

ALL OF YOU DIE. ALL OF YOU DIE. ALL OF YOU DIE. ALL OF YOU DIE. ALL OF YOU DIE. ALL OF YOU DIE. ALL OF YOU DIE. ALL OF YOU DIE.

Does this include me? How about the Miyao brothers?

If so, I cannot get behind it.

All the actors did their thing here. Even if you didn't know the story the storytelling was strong enough that when Carrell asked if it was snowing you knew what was up. I wouldn't like how I was portryaed if I was Schultz either,his story at the beginning made me feel like I was watching THE WRESTLER again.

Unfortunate. Those tweets are the worst thing Schultz could have done. When I read them all I see is this.

Tatum_Mirror.gif

When I read them, all I think is this.

tumblr_m19h1v5rDY1r81riuo1_500.jpg

Disappointed in the movie. As someone said previously, it felt like I was watching "The Wrestler" all over again.

The acting was great and Dave should have been more of an influence during the 1st half of the film. I enjoyed the wrestling!

Watched it last night. I thought it was pretty good. MS, and anyone else for that matter, should have known that some liberties would need to be taken to appeal to the masses. That is what Hollywood does.

I was a little creeped out by the scenes when JDP was trying to coach or wrestle the guys. Strange cat for sure!

The TV station I work for produced a feature story on the Shultz brothers back in 1987. I found it in the vault and put it up on YouTube.

It's sort of creepy. They both have Foxcatcher singlets on. You can really see the difference in their personalities

The TV station I work for produced a feature story on the Shultz brothers back in 1987. I found it in the vault and put it up on YouTube.

It's sort of creepy. They both have Foxcatcher singlets on. You can really see the difference in their personalities

Great post. Thanks for sharing.

Wow, thanks man

Thanks. That was great. Any chance that your vaults still contain more footage of the wrestling matches that we see brief snippets of in the story? That would be cool.

Thanks. That was great. Any chance that your vaults still contain more footage of the wrestling matches that we see brief snippets of in the story? That would be cool.

Actually, yes.

I believe WRAL produced 3 wrestling packages on the olympic festival in 1987. The festival took place in Raleigh, NC in advance of the 88' games.

I'll see what I can do.

I liked the movie very much. I thought Ruffalo as Dave Schultz was the most appealing character in the movie and makes the end of it that much more painful. I hope he wins some award for it (also I agree he looked & sounded kind of like Hendricks lol).

Just saw the film, thought Ruffalo and Carrell were excellent. Ruffalo really had the mannerisms down too.

Saw the movie last night and I think its awesome.
Dont know the truth behind the story, but I have heard stories about Du Pont been attracted to the a... manly side of wrestling.
Take it as you want.
It was weird he left his estate to the Bulgarian wrestling champ Valentin Yordanov... Heard some rumors about that too, but not willing to spread gossips for a great wrestler like Yordanov.

Actually, yes.

I believe WRAL produced 3 wrestling packages on the olympic festival in 1987. The festival took place in Raleigh, NC in advance of the 88' games.

I'll see what I can do.

Wow, that would be all kinds of awesome!

Back