France to Ban Showing the World Cup in Public for Fear of Terrorism

Should France ban the World Cup on big screens?

• Total voters
WTF are you talking about?

We change all the time. Our airport screening security was only completely revamped after 9/11. Maybe you didn’t fly often but I did and certainly remember waiting 2-3 hours to go through those lines back when it wasn’t streamlined.

Yes we have tons of public events and we spend tons on security but it’s a huge concern every time. French government felt it was safer to ban public viewing of the World Cup. It’ll be up to each city to fund and organize proper security measures if they plan on defying the law. Most of those people will be at a bar anyway.

France will have even more to worry about if they win the World Cup (and they are one of the favorites). Massive celebration on the streets. Plenty of congregated soft targets opportunities if that happens...

Sounds like a sad state of affairs in France.
Most would never not show something or cancel something because of a terroristic threat.

Why are muslims in France anyway

We removed rubbish bins when American backed terrorists were putting bombs in them and patrolled airport perimeters when they were launching mortars .

We eventually negotiated a ceasefire with those terrorists .

Countries change and compromise because of terrorism all the time .

What are you willing to change and compromise in your country so that the Islamists stop killing innocent people indiscriminately?

you can only ban so many things screwed up by that presence before you actually have to address the main issue.....

Sadiq_Khan.jpg

The best libtards have for a comeback is "the sky isn't falling", "it's not a Caliphate (yet)", "it's not the end of the world" just a little limiting peoples capacity to act in public.

This is the old and tired low-tier fallacy for anything negative Islam brings. Everything has to be catastrophic end-times before anything should be done or we can complain. Garbage France and cuck EU banning how it affects innocent people instead.

We change all the time. Our airport screening security was only completely revamped after 9/11. Maybe you didn’t fly often but I did and certainly remember waiting 2-3 hours to go through those lines back when it wasn’t streamlined.

Stepping up security so normal public activities can continue as intended is the polar opposite of the complete banning of said activities out of fear.

I don't mind the increased wait time due to security check at the airport, and I'm glad nobody suggested that public air travel should be banned outright because terrorists could possibly hijack another airliner.

France's total ban on public World Cup 2018 viewings in previously designated Fan Zones is a public admission that their police forces and security measures could not confidently keeping large gatherings of French citizens safe on French soil now, unlike two years ago in Euro 2016:

Eiffel-Tower-and-Champ-de-Mars-fan-zone.jpg

supprt-1170x658.png

Keep in mind that these are the same Fan Zones, in the same specially-designated areas, secured with the same security measures, with the same maximum capacity limits.

Something else has changed in the last 2 years that the same measures are deemed to be no longer sufficient for the tradition to continue, and the best "solution" that the French government could come up with to enhance the security for public viewings is that....ALL of them must be banned.

Terrorists don't actually get any closer to their ultimate objective with random attacks that does nothing but strengthen the people's resolves against them. Their real victories come when people began cowering in fear of them. With this ban, the French government just gave them a huge victory.

Last edited:
Would be willing to ban lampooning religious belief?

No but neither am I going to stamp my feet and pretend that things won't change because of foreign or domestic terrorists , there to many historical precedents to the contrary .

This is an official admission that France is at war with Islam and Muslim immigrants.

This is also what national suicide looks like.

No but neither am I going to stamp my feet and pretend that things won't change because of foreign or domestic terrorists , there to many historical precedents to the contrary .

Things should definitely change, but the change in this case, aa in lots of cases in Europe, is treating a symptom rather than the disease. It's akin to Venezuela making it illegal to report infant mortality due to malnutrition. Or Sweden eliminating the ethnicity category when when recording crime statistics because of disproportionate amounts of guests committing said crimes.

I guess banning gatherings, celebrations, festivities would be a good way to effect change. Maybe ban talking critically about Islam altogether, we wouldn't want to make them upset into killing us. After all, there's plenty of precedent for the latter.

Urging people to be safe in large crowds is one thing, but an outright ban is dumb as fuck.

They're basically admitting that they can't protect their own people on their own turf. Wow that's not a good look...

It's the World Cup!

<Prem972>

I am a long time girl's soccer coach. 5 years and counting. 5-3 games, respect for everyone, no biting, no flopping.

Then I turn on the TV to watch grown men play the same game, and.... well I guess they're just not a tough as little girls. And their balance is terrible! Put that together with a fucking 5-4-1 formation, and I'm out.

Enjoy.

This is an official admission that France is at war with Islam and Muslim immigrants.

This is also what national suicide looks like.

Meanwhile Macron want to "vomit" at Italy's new government wanting to put a block to the enrichment

Back