Francis N'Gannou gets his shot at Stipe Miocic at UFC220 20th Jan

Dana is going to be pissed when Stipe details Ngannous hype train

I love that these fights are getting quickly scheduled. What changed?

Dana is creaming himself at the idea of Ngannou winning the belt, so now he's willing to shell out whatever Stipe wants to get him into the Octagon as soon as possible.

Dana is going to be pissed when Stipe details Ngannous hype train

Why?

Surely it's easier to promote an American pretending to be Croatian who is a part time fireman than a Cameroonian who people seem to think is French and who now lives in the US.

Stipe doesn't seem too bothered about slavery in Libya either, you don't really want a champion going into political areas when you have him on a tv interview to promote a fight. Stipe sticks to the script. All they need to do is buy him his own punching machine and get hit to hit it until he breaks Ngannous 'record' and they're all good again.

Why?

Surely it's easier to promote an American pretending to be Croatian who is a part time fireman than a Cameroonian who people seem to think is French and who now lives in the US.

Stipe doesn't seem too bothered about slavery in Libya either, you don't really want a champion going into political areas when you have him on a tv interview to promote a fight. Stipe sticks to the script. All they need to do is buy him his own punching machine and get hit to hit it until he breaks Ngannous 'record' and they're all good again.

Let's imagine that this is an office in Hollywood. They're casting an actor to play Big Bad Heavyweight Champion Mofo. They look at pictures of both Stipe Miocic and Francis Ngannou. Who do you think will be given the part?

That's the level of thinking Dana et al go by. And if you think that the literal talent agency that owns the UFC is any different...

Too early imo.stipe wins now.
Stipe has a big hole in his game, when he attack throw punches without keeping the guard, Ngannou by brutal ko round 1 ,counter punch

Has anyone tried to take Ngannou down? I haven't seen many of his fights.. obviously the ones I've seen he's been a stud with his hands

They should have made this the new years fight rather than chris manborg

Stipe's ko'd 5 ranked hw's in a row, including the only two big wins on Francis's resume. Your argument makes no sense.

N'Gannou did it effortlessly.

He will decapitate Stipe.

Smart money is on Stipe.

If you had to bet then yeah +140 is decent odds for Stipe but a horrible fight to bet on with so many unanswered questions regarding N'Gannou.Couple that with Stipe's tendency to slug when he gets cracked,just rolling the dice on that bet imo,which is always a bad bet (until you win lol).

Has anyone tried to take Ngannou down? I haven't seen many of his fights.. obviously the ones I've seen he's been a stud with his hands

Curtis Blaydes took him down a few times,but he has some serious wrestling skills,not that Stipe doesn't.Have to assume N'Gannou's worked hard on his wrestling but still a big question mark.He has a lot of good physical tools to improve in that department at a pretty fast rate,but it still takes a lot of dedication and time.

Stipe has a big hole in his game, when he attack throw punches without keeping the guard, Ngannou by brutal ko round 1 ,counter punch
Stipe tends to get those first round knockouts too

It's a pick em. Possibly 1 fight too soon for FN, on the other hand why risk a loss with a streaking KO artist when no one else makes more sense for the title shot?

Can't wait

What about stupid money?
I wouldn't say stupid money is Nganou. It's certainly not unreasonable to think he might win. It's just Stipe is in good in all the areas where everyone is talking up Ngannou, but has several other known attributes that make him favorable. In short, he's the more complete fighter, and is significantly more proven/battle-tested. Stipe should be the rightful favorite, and to write him off altogether is downright asinine.

I wouldn't say stupid money is Nganou. It's certainly not unreasonable to think he might win. It's just Stipe is in good in all the areas where everyone is talking up Ngannou, but has several other known attributes that make him favorable. In short, he's the more complete fighter, and is significantly more proven/battle-tested. Stipe should be the rightful favorite, and to write him off altogether is downright asinine.

Basically that means betting on the fight at all is stupid money. If there are a bunch of unknowns with Ngannou then you're hedging your bet on a coin flip.

Let's imagine that this is an office in Hollywood. They're casting an actor to play Big Bad Heavyweight Champion Mofo. They look at pictures of both Stipe Miocic and Francis Ngannou. Who do you think will be given the part?

That's the level of thinking Dana et al go by. And if you think that the literal talent agency that owns the UFC is any different...
haha so some office in Hollywood has chosen Niganu over Stipe to be in a movie, classic stuff

Back