Francisco filho Brazilian kick?

DanMMAleague

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
As I remember when watching K-1 along with Glaube Feitosa he had the best Brazilian kick but I can't seem to find a video of him doing it in any fights?

Francisco Filho didn't rely too much on high kicks when fighting in K-1 but here's an example of where he landed that kick against Mark Hunt:

You can see him landing it 3 times in a row against different opponents on this highlight video:

Last edited:
Francisco Filho didn't rely too much on high kicks when fighting in K-1

No wonder. Who needs kicks when your hands knock people dead?

This isn't on topic, but, since the TS' question has been answered (and since this thread is already basically turning into a Filho tribute thread :cool:), I'm just going to rant: Joe Rogan said of Chuck Liddell that he had "dynamite in his hands," but whenever I think of that line, I think of Francisco Filho. That guy had scary power. It wouldn't even look like he was punching guys hard enough for them to notice and he'd be flat-lining them.

slgIcHL.gif

dlhv2o.jpg

His KOs of Sam Greco (in like ten seconds) and Ernesto Hoost are insane, but his KO of Andy Hug in his K-1 debut is one of the most inexplicable and terrifying (terrifying precisely because inexplicable) things I've ever seen because the physics of it make no sense to me. Moving back, no wind-up, no hip rotation, barely even any shoulder torque - theoretically no power - and yet it looked like Andy got put down by a sniper.

People like Branko Cikatić and Mike Bernardo had huge power in their right hands, Jerome LeBanner was a monster with surprising power even in his jab (I love his first KO over Gary Goodridge), but I've never seen anything like Filho's early victories. All he had to do was touch you and it was like a fucking dim mak.

/rant.

No wonder. Who needs kicks when your hands knock people dead?

This isn't on topic, but, since the TS' question has been answered (and since this thread is already basically turning into a Filho tribute thread :cool:), I'm just going to rant: Joe Rogan said of Chuck Liddell that he had "dynamite in his hands," but whenever I think of that line, I think of Francisco Filho. That guy had scary power. It wouldn't even look like he was punching guys hard enough for them to notice and he'd be flat-lining them.

slgIcHL.gif

dlhv2o.jpg

His KOs of Sam Greco (in like ten seconds) and Ernesto Hoost are insane, but his KO of Andy Hug in his K-1 debut is one of the most inexplicable and terrifying (terrifying precisely because inexplicable) things I've ever seen because the physics of it make no sense to me. Moving back, no wind-up, no hip rotation, barely even any shoulder torque - theoretically no power - and yet it looked like Andy got put down by a sniper.

People like Branko Cikatić and Mike Bernardo had huge power in their right hands, Jerome LeBanner was a monster with surprising power even in his jab (I love his first KO over Gary Goodridge), but I've never seen anything like Filho's early victories. All he had to do was touch you and it was like a fucking dim mak.

/rant.

Indeed.

Vs. Sam Greco:

It is worth noting that it is not only Glaube Feitosa who was the only Brazilian to apply this kick, there were also the karate fighters Francisco Filho, Ademir da Costa and the MMA and Muaythai fighter Alexandre Breck

ADEMIR-DA-COSTA-SEIWAKAI.jpg

crossfight_mod_ichi_b.jpg

Last edited:
takes quite a bit of flexibility to pull this off

ADEMIR-DA-COSTA-SEIWAKAI.jpg

Back