Frank Dux...Real or Legit?

He tried suing Van Damme for blood sport and lost. So this tells me he was unable to produce evidence of much of his exploits.

images

/thread

Round robin, bro.

Yeah, but in Bloodsport I was single elimination. Either way, the guy is clearly full of shit. That isn’t him on the video. The actual fighter’s kids are suing Frank Dux or issuing a cease and desist or something because he stole their dad’s footage.

Idea: what if we found up all these bull shido guys and made them fight Kumite style. I’d PPV the hell out of that.

I remember old Bullshido forum threads about him. Some people said he actually had students in some local tournaments and they were actually decent, so I'm sure he had some ability, but perhaps not the seemingly hyperbolic ability that he claimed.

He tried suing Van Damme for blood sport and lost. So this tells me he was unable to produce evidence of much of his exploits.

I thought he tried suing him for making The Quest?

There used to be an article on Cracked.com about this by Seanbaby but luckily it can be found on the bullshido forums as well:
https://www.bullshido.net/forums/showthread.php?t=95216

Suspiciously, the organization that held the Kumite seemed to share a home address with Frank Dux, and the trophy they gave him was the same trophy that he suspiciously paid for himself. Think about that: The Kumite is so secret that the only paper trail leads to Frank Dux, professional secret agent. That means that the other fighters, while obviously not very good at fighting, are unbelievably good at being secret. Why, if Frank Dux hadn’t written a book about them and bought himself that trophy, I doubt I’d have even believed they existed.

Why? Was he saying that The Quest was ripping off his second tournament or something?

"Claims by Frank Dux that the film was a rework of a script he had written in 1991, entitled "Enter the New Dragon: The Kumite," were rejected by a jury."

From the wikipedia article about The Quest.

What can you tell me about this bloke? Is there any proof he did what he claims? Do you believe the kumite and everything else happened?

This is pretty comprehensive and quite entertaining.

Correct.
This is supposedly him in this video, but I don’t know if that can actually be confirmed.

But also, his claim that he KOed 50 guys in one tournament would require over a trillion people to be fighting in the tournament. So, either way he lies. Just how much is up for debate.

Its not him. See my above post.

Fiction is often more entertaining than reality

Didn't Zane Frazier say he was a pretty tough guy after he beat Dux up in an elevator? Obviously Dux made all that other shit up, but that's something at least.

Back