Frank Fertitta Just Bought a 9,100 Sq Foot Apartment For 70 Million

Thats not why most move to NYC. Most move because it offers a unique city life style that really isn't duplicated anywhere else in the world except for maybe somewhere like Tokyo. You or most people don't have to like it, most can even hate it. It's not relevant if 90+% of the world's population hates NYC. Theres 7 billion people on the planet so only a very small percentage of those 7 billion need to like it in order to fill up the demand of living there. Thats why it costs so much to live there. Its not duplicated anywhere else. If you live in some generic suburb then you don't have to worry about supply and demand because the world is littered with generic suburbs with strip malls. But if there were only a few suburbs on the planet then the prices would be astronomical.

An excellent post.
Very articulate

POST MORE

Thats not why most move to NYC. Most move because it offers a unique city life style that really isn't duplicated anywhere else in the world except for maybe somewhere like Tokyo. You or most people don't have to like it, most can even hate it. It's not relevant if 90+% of the world's population hates NYC. Theres 7 billion people on the planet so only a very small percentage of those 7 billion need to like it in order to fill up the demand of living there. Thats why it costs so much to live there. Its not duplicated anywhere else. If you live in some generic suburb then you don't have to worry about supply and demand because the world is littered with generic suburbs with strip malls. But if there were only a few suburbs on the planet then the prices would be astronomical.

Oh...I get it. As much as I don't understand/appreciate the sardine-can lifestyle of living in a crowded city, it is equaled by your lack of understanding of living outside of it.

City = easier access to culture/less access to privacy. Rural=easier access to privacy/less access to culture. It's a matter of what you value.

This whole thread has basically three points:

1. Frank is an uber rich D-bag that purchased something of obscene value.
2. Meh....the city is crowded, expensive and smelly.
3. There are 20+ reasons to live in NYC.

Last edited:
I don't live in NYC.
Then what's your foundation of experience to speak that NYC lifestyle is better than the rural "rubes"? Are you just simply relating your impressions of the "Big Apple", just like myself?

seems like a bad idea, post 9-11

I don't know why a wealthy person would want to live that close to other people. Lack of privacy and potential fire risk from someone else's mistake. I'd rather get something on it's own space like what Tom Brady got for 20 mil. Much nicer.
GISELE-TOM-BRADY-HOUSE.jpg

THIS is what I'm talking about! I'd still expect more land for $20 mil, but it's a start. Why do people prefer a taxi-cab/limousine/elevator lifestyle?

10 times the size of my condo
<DCrying>

Then what's your foundation of experience to speak that NYC lifestyle is better than the rural "rubes"? Are you just simply relating your impressions of the "Big Apple", just like myself?

When did I say "NYC lifestyle is better than the rural "rubes"?"

Well, I hope he enjoys it. He earned it. Personally I wish he'd stuck around and never gotten the money. I didn't realize how much influence he had on the UFC until he was gone.

Guess that's one thing to do when you strike it big...oh and also get a $1000 sundae.

Funny how after I say how articulate you were, that some still could not get it lol

I don't either. This is the guy who vented on page 2 about the city completely missing the mark why the demand there is high and he doesn't like my comments because I'm not joining him on some weird rant about a city.

I don't either. This is the guy who vented on page 2 about the city completely missing the mark why the demand there is high and he doesn't like my comments because I'm not joining him on some weird rant about a city.

I & others explained & answered his question.
He just uses responses to keep going on & on & on & ..................

;)

How the fuck is it even an apartment at over 9,000 square feet though? And can I even step foot on Park Avenue if I'm not worth atleast 15 million?
I stepped foot on Park Ave when I was worth like $86.

Whats implied? Thats it's expensive in NYC because the demand is so great and the "rural rubes" are cheap because the demand is low?
The answer you're continually trying to push off to a question never asked is:

That no one knows why it's expensive to live in NY?

False..everyone knows it's because of the demand to be there in a limited space/opportunity.

The question is what draws people to move into that crowded environment in the first place? The same could be said for city folk yearning for lusher land in Montana.

Last edited:
Fuck. I don't like people around me much. I don't know why someone would move to downtown New York. I can stand in my yard and turn 360% and all I will see is forest. That is much more my cup of tea.

Back