Frank Mir comments on loss to Fedor

Nice! Gonna listen now.

Frank talked a lot of crap before this fight and was being a bit EXTRA with it, karma came back to bite him though.

edit
heard it , his tone has changed a lot, lol I was surprised to hear frank say that it was fedors right hook right before the left uppercut that stunned him to the back of the head. He talked about ring rust and rule changes being the causes or atleast factors in his defeat

Last edited:
It's good to hear from Mir. I've been wondering what his thoughts on the fight were. I was pulling for Fedor but have the utmost respect for Mir and it would have been a deserving win for one of the true legends either way.

I'm glad to hear Mir is looking to stay active and that he mentioned getting a couple wins and possibly challenging Fedor if he wins the tournament.

LOL at the podcast shout out to @Peteyandjia for his tweet on the fight, great fight review man!

2004 account, what rule changes did he point to as a factor in his loss? He got tossed and punched, I believe those rules have always been around!

@Peteyandjia killing it. :D
<5>

Achievement unlocked: make Frank Mir laugh

2004 account, what rule changes did he point to as a factor in his loss? He got tossed and punched, I believe those rules have always been around!

Mir said there was a moment after he knocked Fedor down, where he wanted to throw a knee to the head but he thought Fedor might have had a hand down. Mir said there was some confusion about what ruleset was being used on his part. Originally he was told the new rules were in play, then he was told the old rules were in play, then he said when Beltran went over the rules before the fight he informed Mir that the new rules actually were in play. Mir said in that moment when he wanted to throw the knee this was all on his mind and he hesitated long enough for Fedor to get a better position.

He did say with hindsight he probably wouldn't have looked to throw any knees or punches but maybe tried to work a guillotine.

Confirmed. @Peteyandjia is this guy:

MOklr8sFIhYZUT6fSvL4pRXS20aeSYQMhw7mTVog8ppOQSB0R6Fvv7-RiI8X8x8HSGoY7ha45lRvV0K9YFZFH4dRjnbyxO3NNEv5TkqIcci3FB_JRhKLrthPgXpZkQMN8NTAIAE=w384-h384-nc

Lame excuses after a fight that didn’t last a single minute.

It's incredible guys like Overeem & Mir talk as eloquently as they do considering how many times they've been finished by strikes. I agree with Mirs assessment about going to his roots, as much as his boxing and all round stand up has improved he still uses it too much for my liking.

Mir making excuses about having to make decisions on the fly as if Fedor didnt...

Frank thinks he’s an intellect...so he always tries to sound smart...The simple truth, he got tossed, punched, and KO,d

Good to see Mir give props to the throw, must have been special to hurt his ego like that. I agree with assessment that this is likely the greatest fight under 1 minute, of all time.

Frank was saying that if the fight only lasted 30 seconds he would have won on the scorecards. I mean that is technically true but what a ridiculous thing to say

It's incredible guys like Overeem & Mir talk as eloquently as they do considering how many times they've been finished by strikes.

Yeah. I remember hearing him talk about his season as a TUF coach and realizing how articulate the guy was. All the more reason for him to hang them up and just commentate.

I agree with Mirs assessment about going to his roots, as much as his boxing and all round stand up has improved he still uses it too much for my liking.

My face when he said he is going to sharpen his Jiujitsu and attack with that gameplan more in his next fight

<DCWhoa>

Would sound like BS excuse making from almost everyone but Frank Mir.... he analyzes everything to the nth degree.

Back