Frank Mir comments on loss to Fedor

I don’t care if a fighter explains why he thinks he lost as long as he ultimately credits his opponent as being the better man that night. In fact, interviews of their thoughts after the fight would be boring if all they ever said was “I lost because he did better.”

He’s on a podcast, he’s supposed to be the guest of interest and one of the questions of interest was “Why do you think you lost” so he’s trying to give a thoughtful, engaging answer.

If I had a better chin, If I trained better, If I had better mentality, if I had a bigger butt or if I IF If I IF IF IF....

He didn't make any excuses. He was asked his take on the fight, and he gave it.

You did your part Frank. You showed up, and got owned by the Last Emperor. All is Well, the MMA Gods are happy.

he's intelligently analyzing things he did wrong or could have done differently.

I have to side with Frank here. If I got my ass whupped by a fat, bald, washed up Russian guy, I'd probably try to come up with some excuses, too.

Frank, to put it frankly and be honest and frank about it, there are no valid excuses! You lost to the better fighter!

A lot of Fedor's victims don't make excuses since they knew how good he is before entering the cage/ring.

Mir's said for years he doesn't think Fedor's that good, that Frank's the better martial artist (technique), and that Fedor's been overrated and faced weaker competition.

So him both losing early and then giving a bunch of his own versions sounds about right. All about expectations.

giphy.gif

Other than the rules thing im not sure what people are getting at. As Frank says, Fedor threw him and this got to Frank who then lost his cool. He should have been more cautious vs a guy like Fedor.

He's basically making excuses from Ring Rust ( valid ) his ego ( not valid ) not having a full grasp of the new unified rules ( bullshit ).

giphy.gif

Funny. I kinda thought he lost because he ran in very recklessly as if he were Tank Abbot.

He ran in, kept swinging wildly as if it were the end of the fight and he needed a knockout to win.

Not one brain cell was used by Mir in this fight, which is funny because Mir said he was a better martial artist than Fedor. Martial artists use their brains.

and this is why he is GOAT

I don't think fedor has ever pulled out of a fight either...he might have, just don't ever remember it...and he literally has never made any excuses whatsoever when losing...

These way past their prime HW fights are interesting.

It's like sudden death out there, i thought when Mir first touched Fedor and Fedor had that little stutter that was it.
Then it turns out Mir gets flattened on what had to be one of Fedors first shots.

It's the fault all the Sherdogger's here. Fedor's weak chin I keep hearing about was not weak enough for him to not get back up and beat Mir's ass. If Fedor's chin was as weak as Frank had heard it was from everyone right here, he would have won. That deception cost him the fight.

Back