Frank Mir Confirms: Fedor's chin is shot

giphy.gif

If it was that shitty then Fedor would've been knocked out.

This whole thing about shot chins can't even be proven scientifically, and even if so, how do you measure just how shot a fighters chin is?

People talk about chin but I think it has to do more with the brain learning to shut off when there is a significant impact

Last edited:
I get what he means cause Fedor’s chin is definitely done. But it doesn’t make sense when you get KO’d to say the other guy has no chin. Come off kinda bitter.

People talk about chin but I think it has to do more with the brain learning to shut off when there is a significant impact

people just say "chin" because generally fighters are looking to punch to the jaw, they're not really saying that the bone under his lips is physically physically weak, it's just a euphemism for being unable to withstand the impact of a concussive blow which covers what you've said

he's old, took tonnes of damage against Maldonado and then meat head, and doesn't really have the same reaction speed or cardio to find space to recover when he does get hurt, he's reacting to getting punched in the head the way I'd expect a 42 year old that's been involved in combat sports for the past 20 years would tbh

Good thing Mir's is even more shot then innit.

Bingo. I know this from experience. The brain will only let you take so much before it's in auto-defense.

says the man that lasted less than a minute with him

Frank Mir ain't ever been the same since Carwin smashed his brains.

At least Fedor can take a punch. Frank Mir on the other hand has been knocked out 75% of his losses.

Shocking, I think anyone that has followed Fedor or Frank for that matter knows both of them have very little left in the chin department. I would say Fedor has more than Frank though.

hard to tell how much that shot really effected fedor... clearly it wasnt as much as frank thought though cause he he got caught being overly aggressive shortly after

Thats a fake article btw

None of the quotes can be sourced anywhere else

It’s tough, this “chin” stuff, especially at heavyweight.

Arlovski was and arguably still is the quintessential “glass jawed” fighter, but while we’ve seen him get KO’d a bunch we also saw his chin get literally cracked in half by Rumble without him going out.

I suspect a lot of it is just (bad) luck – i.e. some guys get away without eating a clean, concussive shot for a long streak, while others catch them a few times in a row and are declared “shot”.

Is Fedor’s chin gone? How could we know, when we never really saw him eat a hard shot until Hendo, besides the Kaz Fujita one which rocked him briefly?

What we can say, per the Mir and especially the Maldonado fight, is that he recovers from shots very well. We can all think of guys who never come back after they’ve been put on queer street; best they can hope for is to ride out the clock.

That Fedor came to KO Mir and take rounds two and three from Maldonado tells me he’s still pretty far from Chuck’s condition, even if he is clearly a much diminished martial artist compared to his glory days.

Last edited:
Does anyone see the irony in Mir saying Fedor's chin is shot when he's the one getting knocked out more frequently?

That said, Fedor's ability to take a shot is declining but his ability to recover & maintain fight iq while wobbled is still good.

this is wierd. legit site tho, but u are right, no where else. wonder
the only reason the quotes wouldn't appear anywhere else would be if he gave them an exclusive, but even then, there'd surely be audio or video of the interview
and imo it doesnt read as Frank's words either, too much cursing

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kilgorevontrouty
Back