Frank Mir is a lock over Fedor, unfortunate video proof inside.

wildchild88

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
The below video is of Fedor training for his fight against Mitrione.

See for yourself.

This is honestly the worst training video I have seen from a pro fighter.

His ground game / grappling looks TERRIBLE now, not to mention the laboured striking displayed in these sparring sessions.

Very sad to see.

Huge Fedor fan, but he looks fat, slow and tired.

The below video is of Fedor training for his fight against Mitrione.

See for yourself.

This is honestly the worst training video I have seen from a pro fighter.

His ground game / grappling looks TERRIBLE now, not to mention the laboured striking displayed in these sparring sessions.

Very sad to see.

Jeez, these were the HIGHlights?

Do people not realize Fedor lost by the least margin as a fighter could get? It was a double KO!

It always amazes me how Fedor skillset has regressed. It is pretty obvious the guy did not train seriously for a bunch of years.

It always amazes me how Fedor skillset has regressed. It is pretty obvious the guy did not train seriously for a bunch of years.

Very true, he seems to have forgotten technique.

The way he is sweeped when he stands up in guard is amateur grappling..

I know it's just one video, but the best white belts at our gym can look better than that..m

My favorite fighter of all time from any combat sport and even I have to admit he looks downright terrible. Old, slow, and tired with deteriorated grappling. I guess thats what happens when youre 12.5 years past your prime.

I hope that by April he can at least come in there looking half decent. But judging by that video Id have to favor a guy like Mir.

Last edited:
I've heard Schaub joke that past their prime fighters go to Jacksons at an attempt at a resurgence or to retire..that's an attempt to improve at the very least - Fedor became the biggest star in the room, rested on his laurels and seems to be the last to know that he's lost it.

I remember during Fedor's prime I was thinking damn how embarrasing would it be if he lost to Mir?

Now the day may come

<{clintugh}>

I wonder how you could judge Fedor's technique in that blurry video, you could judge his belly maybe and saying he is not the fittest he has ever been, but the technique doesn't vanish just because you are older.

Fedor lost the eye of the tiger like 10 years ago.

That, coupled with the normal aging process that comes with being a PED-free athlete... He has fallen way off

I remember during Fedor's prime I was thinking damn how embarrasing would it be if he lost to Mir?

Now the day may come

<{clintugh}>

I remember watching that ultimate fighter with heavyweights, watching Brendan Schaub fight some dude and i was just thinking how fun it would be to release the Cro Cop in that cage to kill both of them...

Couple years later, Mirko vs Schaub... i was disgussted... hade that same clint eastwood face for days...

Unfortunately this is not the worse training footage from Fedor. The worst one is a video from the same gym in Holland where he was training BJJ with some random white and blue belts. It looked like a regular class that he was taking, it was a huge wtf.

His coaches said he stopped training like a pro back before tim sylvia fight....its in god hands etc started comming from his mouth back then :(
Add in natural aging
Add in his role as sambo ambassador preventing him from ever bringing in bjj guys or wrestlers
Add in his camp losing loads of killers most noteably olinkyk (spelling) now in the ufc

Which all adds up to a shockingly fast downhill spiral :(

Is this a blooper reel? or maybe its been released to lul his competition into a false sense of security

Though you’re not supposed to judge a fighter’s preparedness from a training video, but it’s obvious dude is old, fat and mentally slow. Very few athletes age well.

Last edited:
Maybe he owes his life to the president and keeps fighting so they can make millions off him losing???

I mean damnit! Why does this guy keep fighting.

I saw this footage during the mitrione lead up... it does paint a pretty shit picture of what his camps level is but at the same time I know not to read into footage too much, guys know when they are filming and they usually dont show a lot of what is actually going on for obvious reasons this footage was released mid camp so that to me suggests they also probably didnt show everything by any means... but yeah its probably the most underwhelming fedor training footage thats ever been released..

Back