Frank Mir Signs With Bellator

Signing anyone that can stop Cheick Kongo from lay n praying on guys is a-ok with me

Who cares about Mir at this point, but good move from Bellator nonetheless. Fedor vs Mir could be interesting.

If Mir subbed Fedor I think the Pridetards would have a meltdown, considering he would have finishes over Nog (x2) CroCop, and Fedor.
Logical thinkers would realize out of prime senior citizen bouts don't have the same significance as if they fought years ago in their primes.

Hope USADA isn't allowed to keep testing him while under suspension, otherwise it might be a long time until he gets in the cage again

Fedor going to lose a limb soon.

<5>
method=get&s=big-nog-12-29-11-21-9-21-773.jpg

<5>

Logical thinkers would realize out of prime senior citizen bouts don't have the same significance as if they fought years ago in their primes.

Who says the Pridetards are logical :D

Big Nog had been TKO'd by Mir my man. No offense, but, Mir never was a KO artist. And Big Nog had been in there with the best of em already and taken clean shots from plenty of heavy hitters (Fedor, CC, Sergei etc)

If you couldn't tell they were on a downward path, you're blind.

Are you seriously comparing 2008 Mir to Maldonado or Mitrione?

Hope USADA isn't allowed to keep testing him while under suspension, otherwise it might be a long time until he gets in the cage again
USADA is w/UFC and UFC released Mir, so I doubt USADA is still testing him.

Are you seriously comparing 2008 Mir to Maldonado or Mitrione?

I would take Mitrione over Mir as far as a power puncher in 2008 or now. To be honest, Mitrione isn't some pushover. He may not be the world beater Stipe n Werdum n those guys are, but he's a dangerous HW and its been proven that if you can't get him down or hit a choke, he has plenty of power to end the fight.

What I was saying in my post though is that 2008 Big Nog is not the same Big Nog from 03-04 that fought Fedor/CC/Sergei. He has been fighting at the highest level or close to it since 2000 man. He was kicked into 2008 when he got high kicked by Heath in their UFC encounter back in 07. He almost was stopped by Timmy before getting the tap. Whether it was staph, his chin cracking, or Mir's otherworldly KO power (maybe a combination of the 3) I'm not sure, but either way Frank got the stoppage. Kudos to him for that but, I do believe the best days of Minotauro were already behind him (although the Randy fight was fuckin amazing and still one of my favorite HW fights in the UFC)

The way Bellator does scheduling:

Fedor vs Mir July 2018!!!

Good signing for Bellator in a div they need names in.

DIdnt get why UFC let him go when they had him under contract. The old UFC wouldnt have let guys like him and Sonnen go to Bellator.

He isnt a top HW anymore but he's still one of the bigger names in the div and has done good ratings on cable.

He'll fight Fedor in Bellator in a big fight. Thats def a bigger and better fight for his career at this point than UFC using him to build up someone like Blaydes or throwing him in with Lewis or Ngannou for him to be murdered.

Probably cause the UFC brass feels like he needs to just retire at this point.

Since 2012 Mir has gone 2-6 and his only two wins where against a shot Big Foot and whatever is going on with Todd Duffee. Either way nothing to get excited about.

I'm sure he'll do ok in Bellator but in the UFC he has had his run. Icing on the cake is Mir is another guy that chances are will cost Bellator a good 100K or more every time out and probably won't do much for ratings. At least they can add the 234th guy to the broadcast booth. Which I do miss hearing Mir in the booth. I think is his severely underrated in that department.

I am not interested in this signing. I'm tired of bellator signing leftover ufc talent.

He just signed with Bellator. Will we see a card like:

Fedor vs Mir
Lima vs MacDonald ?

Back